Chapter 12

I've Fallen For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I enter my house and my mom greets me immediately at the front door with a huge grin on her face.

" So... you and Taemin-sshi huh... since when? " she let out a hohoho and gave me teasing looks.

" H-huh? I don't know what you're talking about mom... " I laughed nervously before trying to pass her and go to my room.

" My daughter... I can't exactly ignore it when I hear someone yells in front of our house, precisely in that park in front of our house... and when I made my way to the window I saw a familiar guy spinning my daughter around and kissing her. " mom laughed a little seeing me blush a lot harder than when I was with Taemin.

" ...Anyways, I bought you souvenirs! Dad, come and look at these! " I bring my luggage to our living room and start taking out the souvenirs I bought for Mom, Dad and Saeun. 

" Uri Naeunie... " I look at my mother again and she gives me a thumbs up and a wink " Good choice. " 

" Yeah these are pretty my daughter. " my dad nods in approval, probably not getting what mother was talking about.

" MOM! " at this point I could not hide my embarassment anymore. 

After I showed them the souvenirs that I bought and serval pictures of Spain I went to my room and placed all my stuff back to where it was. These past days a lot has happened and just now the tiredness hits me, it hits me so much that I basically faint flat on my bed after I was done showering and putting my pajamas on.

Maybe because of the timezone, but I wake up a little earlier than usual, staying alone in my room made me realize how much fun I had having roommates and staying with my friends almost 24h a day, I think back to everything that happend, and I get a tingly feeling... especially when I think of all the things I did with Taemin oppa.

I realize how naive I was; I mean it's not like I was totally oblivious, I did think that he had interest in me, but not THAT much. Not to THAT point. I look at the mirror in front of me and notice how I was smiling like an idiot.

" We also kissed... " I touch my lips and screamed into my pillow while kicking my feets into the hair and wiggling them around. " Pabo Son Naeun! "

 

3 weeks laters

 

Nothing much changed, or at least, not as much as I thought it would. 

We still acted as we did before, we still hang out with everyone, and maybe the one major thing that has changed is that we would not ALWAYS be together with EVERYONE. There would be a lot of days where Krystal hang out with us but Jogin went with his other group of friends and viceversa, but it was understandable. Key and Eunji eventually started going out together, and even thought that broke many of the girls and boys hearts ( Eunji's fanboys/girls) as time passed people actually found them real cute to the point that they could be called the 'school power couple'. Suho oppa and Rong unnie... not so much has changed, they got even more frustrating than before cause they get real shy about everything, but I found that cute too.

And... me and Taemin... we... are not together too. But, we spend most of our time together you'd think we're a couple. I mean, he studies with me after school, he walks me home everytime and even waits for me in the morning so that we can go to school together.

In 3 weeks we talked about everything and anything, I learned so much about him and he learned a lot about me too. We started getting real comfortable with each other's presence in our life and I could not deny that I was happy having him around. He was like an happy virus, a vitamin... a hot chocolate during a cold winter. Basically everything I could ask for! But, he's also very frustrating, but I am too. What was stopping us from asking THAT simple question? I don't know...

 

" You two are seriously still not together? " asked Eunji unnie, we went to the bathroom together.

" No... why? " I reply back while washing my hands with soap.

" He confessed, you sorta did too, he walks you home everyday, he walks you to school everyday, you ignore me and spend every free time you have with him... but you're telling me you guys are not boyfriend and girlfriend? " she said while counting with her fingers.

" We're taking our time... and he said that he wants to respect the Jogin thing you know... " I wipe my hands and face her.

" I can understand that... but I'm still convinced one of the two has to make a move. Cause damn girl, I've known you for all your life and I haven't seen you this happy since... before that Jogin thing which is A LOT of years ago. Maybe you're even happier now, I can literally see flowers surrounding you everytime you speak with him! " 

" Ya unnie! It's not that much you're exaggerating! " I lightly hit her in the shoulders and she starts laughing.

We go back to where everyone was, this time there was no sign of neither Jogin or Krystal. Eunji goes and sits near Key and I of course made my way next to Taemin oppa.

" Hey babe. " he kisses her on the cheek " What took you so long? Damn I'll never understand why girls go in the bathroom together. " Key shrugs.

" Want me to show you what happens if you ask questions like this again? " Eunji unnie shows her fist and smiles at her boyfriend.

" No, nope, sorry. " he laughs and puts an arm around her shoulder.

" I wish Krystal and Jogin would make up already, I miss the full group... " said Bomi unnie while playing around with Ilhoon's fingers, he joined us today.

" It's okay eventually Jogin's wounds will heal, and Krystal... I guess she needs time too. " Ilhoon gives Taemin oppa a quick glance before going back to his girlfriend.

" Well I hope that... that time comes soon. " said Suho oppa.

 

 

School ended, and everyone left except for a few people: me,Taemin oppa and some other students who either had club activities or just wanted to study.

We were alone in the library, I was helping him with history of art since he was a bit weak with the subject, but it's at time like this were I wish we were not alone in one room.

" ...depression, loneliness, that's what he wanted to express with his art, and I personally think he did a marvelous job at it... do you understand now? " I look up from the book only to find Taemin staring at me. His chin supported by his hand that was slightly covering part of his mouth, but I could still see how he was smiling and had this intense but affectionate gaze that made made my heartbeat skip so much it could burst out.

I clear my throat " Why are you looking at me like that? "

He blinks " Like what? "

" Like... uh... " I move my hands around " You know... like that. "

" I don't know what that " he mimics the way I moved my hands around " means. "

I was about to explain but I knew he was just probably teasing me and making fun of me so I drop the topic. Taemin's satisfaction was plastered all over his face, with a smile like a jester, but he was STILL looking at me like that. " Tell me you understood what I explained to you, it's going to be a pain if I had to explain again. "

" Don't worry. I got it all. " He says and repeats to me everything I said. He was paying attention, and that made me happy.

 

He walks me home like every other day, only each day we get closer to each other, at first we were awkward but slowly that 1 meter separating us became 10 cms, we were walking side by side and he was telling me about this hometown, how different it was from here and how he missed his friends whom he'd contact a few times when both parties had the time to.

" Oh, right, I've been wanting to make you listen to this. It's one of my favourite songs I thought you might enjoy it too. " Taemin gets his phone out and attaches his headphone, giving me the right one and plays the song.

It's a familiar tune, scratch that, a really familiar one. In fact, one of my favourite songs. " I can't believe you know this one, it's so old and one of my favourites! "

" My father and mother would listen to it whenever they clean the house since I was little, so I learned to like it and it became one of my favourites. It's rare to find someone that listens to this too ! " he happily smiles and we keep walking to my house, coincidence or not the song finishes as soon as we arrive.

" See you on monday " he smile and looks at me like that again before shuffling my hair.

I removed his hand from my hair " Yeah, see ya. " I smile back and make my way inside, as soon as I turn away from him a huge grin appears on my face too. Eunji unnie was not wrong, I really am more happy than I've ever remember being.

 

 

##

 

It keeps increasing, my love for Naeun. To the point that it's driving me to love sickness. It's like everytime I see her I see a bright light surrounding her, whenever she smiles I feel my heart squeezing, when she talks to other boys I don't like it at all, I love when she pulls the strands of her hair in the back of her ear while she helps me with homework, I love walking next to her and knowing that I can protect her... I just want her to be mine.

" If this keeps up I might really go insane... " I reached my home and fell on my bed covering my eyes with my arm, a sigh escaping out of my mouth.

I wanted to wait, cause what happened with Jogin is still a fresh wound for her, but how am I supposed to do so if everytime she meets my eyes she blushes like a tomato, or when she smiles at me like it means something, looks at me like I mean something to her, when I catch her staring at me with a frown on her face whenever I'm talking to a girl classmate, it's like she's telling me that it is okay to go ahead and confess again, but this time asking her to be my girlfriend.

 

*kato*

 

A message, I look at my phone and I find a message from Naeun, I can't help but smile like a clown.

 

SN: Thank you for walking me home as always ^^

 

I reply as fast as I can.

 

LT: No problem :) 

 

Then I think, maybe it is time. Maybe we can be more now. It has been almost a month after all.

But I did not want to do this through text.

 

LT: Say...

LT: Are u free tomorrow?

 

It takes a minute before she replies... a minute that seemed endless. You could say the longest minute of my life.

 

SN: yeah, y? 

LT: I was wondering...

LT: if u wanted to hang out together ;D

SN: Like... a date? 

LT: If u want to call it that haha just... hanging out together :)

SN: Mh... sure. Why not.

LT: Ok! C ya tomorrow!

SN: Yep ^^

 

I placed my phone in my bed, noticing how sweaty my hands were. But still, success! I fistpump into the air.

Step one is complete... but, Lee Taemin. WHERE ARE YOU EVEN TAKING HER. I did it without thinking, I have nothing prepared! This is a problem. You do not just ask her out and mess up everything. I took my phone and called my only helpful resource, Key hyung.

3 beeps and the guy finally picks up " Hyung... I invited Naeun out and I plan to ask her out... but... I have no idea what I should do, where I sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter