Six: Indirect Rejection

My Professor, Do Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Indirect Rejection:

 

Kyungsoo paused for a moment after her words sunk in his mind. My student likes me? What's so new? I know that lots of my students are having a crush on me but I thought she is an exception. Maybe I just get it wrong. I guess she doesn't mean it that way. He thought to himself. The girl's head is currently on his shoulder after she lost her consciousness. Slowly, Kyungsoo tucked her beneath the blanket. He took last final glance to the sleeping girl before walking off the room leaving her alone.

 

"How's she?" Kai asked the boy after he took a seat next to him. "She's already sleeping, don't worry." Kyungsoo assured him and then Kai nodded afterwards. Kyungsoo took a glass and then pour vodka in it, sipping it slowly before he sighs. How does she manage drinking this? Kyungsoo thought to himself remembering that Hyemin took three shots of the said liquor. He was never a fan of alcohol but since today is Friday he decided to at least relax himself. Kyungsoo took the sliced-lemon before biting it. He cringed. "Where is she?" Kai suddenly asked him for the second time around. He turned to him and then gave him who-are-you-talking-about look. "Mina, the girl you were with a while ago." Kyungsoo shrugs before averting his eyes towards the nearby pool where some of the visitors are talking, non-stop. "I lost sight of her after escorting your girl to the second of floor." He answered plainly. "She's a friend of mine, a precious one. Anyway, how are you guys going? Already dating, hm?" Kai said teasing the older one. Kyungsoo smirked and Kai can see the glow in the eyes of the older. Kai felt happy for his hyung because Kyungsoo really likes the said girl since the very first time he saw her. He smiles cheekily. "We're dating already but we're not yet in a relationship." Kyungsoo states while smiling. His smile is genuine and Kai felt really glad that maybe his hyung will finally own the girl of his dream, soon enough. "Not yet, huh!?" He teases that earned a smirk from him. "Cheers?" Kyungsoo said raising his glass. "Cheers!" Kai cheered before they both take a sip of their own drinks.

 

***

 

I felt like my head is tearing apart and it feels really heavy. I knocked my own head as if it can lessen the pain before I sat up in the bed… I don't own. Where am I? I looked around trying to familiarize myself, trying to remember whose room I am in and it's not familiar at all. I started to freak out and felt extra conscious. Why am I here? Where am I? I was about to shout but get stopped when I heard to door clicked open. My eyes widened and as if like a woman instinct I went back to "sleeping". With my eyes still closed, I tried to feel if someone just walked in. Hearing footsteps, my heart began to pump so hard and loud. What if he's going to kill me? I curl myself beneath the blanket. Please don't come near me! I chanted inside my head, praying for my own safety. Please disappear! I promise to be a good girl! I said inside my head feeling so scared. I felt someone grab the blanket and then pulled it away from my grip. "KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! PLEASE LEAVE! DON'T KILL ME! I'LL BE GOOD, I PROMISE!" I shouted kneeling on the bed with eyes closed and head down. Hands being pressed together as if I am praying for my life to be save. I was about to repeat the same sentence when I heard him laugh, it was Kai. I slowly look up to meet Jongin's teasing face. He's laughing at me, so hard. "Ya!" I shouted before taking the pillow behind me and throwing it straight to his face. "You, stupid little ! How dare you!?" I shouted out of shame. He wipes his tears at the corner of his eyes before taking a deep breath and composed himself. "If you just saw your face-- haha-- it's priceless!" He said trying to stop himself from laughing again. "Stupid!" I let out. "I swear, I wouldn't mind paying just to see that face again." I was about to punch him real hand but he already backs away sensing that I am going to hit him good. "Let's go downstairs, they're waiting." He said before walking out of the room. I swear I heard him laugh just a second after he closed the damn door. That stupid old boy! I then went comb my hair before following him downstairs.

 

They all run over me after I stumble just near the kitchen counter. "Are you okay?" Suho worriedly asked me as he helps me stand up, such a sweetheart. "Yes, just a bit dizzy." I answered as Sehun kindly escorted me to the dining area. "I prepared something for you to sober up." My heart felt a little wild after hearing his voice. I turned to meet his… bored eyes. "Haejangguk?" Sehun asked Kyungsoo as he nods. The boy cheered and then asked him to also give him the said soup. "I made a lot, for everyone." He added that causes for my hopes to drop down. I thought he made that just for me because he was worried. Of course he was worried. One of his students gets drunk, who wouldn't anyway? "Thank you…" I said lowly but I guess he catches it as he only nods in return. Why do I feel likes he's being extra distant? I know he doesn't like my presence but he seemed like avoiding me? I wonder why. Was it because of the girl he was with last night? And as if a cue, they began talking about the said girl. "Hyung, I heard from Kai that you are dating that chick?" Sehun shouted teasing the professor. Kyungsoo who happens to be absent in my sight answered a simple "Yea!" and that's how I travel to my own world.

 

After hearing his confirmation, I think I lost my appetite. It felt like all my energy was being drained out of my body. I looked down on my clenched hands together as I forced myself to hold my tears up. No falling, tears! No falling! Kyungsoo went back to the dining table after setting up all the dishes they cook. "Thank you for the food!" They cheered as they began to eat. I, too, tried to eat but I felt like I am already full. I took a sip of the soup he made for us. It was incredibly delicious but I don't really feel like eating so I stood up. They all looked at me and I bowed. "I'm already full, thank you for the food." I said before walking back to the room that Su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter