Five: Unintentional Confession

My Professor, Do Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unintentional Confession:

 

"Wake her up!" Our physics professor shouted as she saw the girl from two rows away from me sleeping heavily. I averted my eyes from the scene to the window next to my right. The clouds are gray telling us that the rain will pour later. Despite having gray clouds, the people from the outside seem having a good time while I am here trying to understand what our professor's saying. After a while, I turned my head to the board and then continue on what I am doing, copying notes that might could help me for the exam next week.

 

"Do you have your book for Calculus?" this girl from my calculus class asked me. I don't want to brag or what but I am confident with calculus. I can say that I am pretty good when it comes to that subject and some of our classmates are asking me for me to help them with things that they don't understand. "I do, why?" I asked but I have already something in mind on what she is going to ask. "Can I borrow it? I'll return it you in the class later." I knew it. I took my calculus book from my bag and then handed it to her. "Thank you, Hyemin! I promise to give it back as soon as you step inside the room!" I nodded and smile before she bids goodbye. Lucky that I have already read the next lesson for later so I can hand it to her. What I don't get is, if I am so good in calculus then why not in English? It's not that I am complaining, wait, yes I am complaining. I just really don't get it. I can understand the textbook that is all written in English in Calculus but why not my English textbook? It's pretty weird. Anyway, as I was on my way to the cafeteria I happened to meet Kai. "Can you finish that all?" He asked me with wide eyes. I took a look in my tray and I see no problem at all. "What do you mean? Of course I can finish these. I won't buy food that I can't eat in the end." I answered as I press the orange juice button on the vending machine. "That's A LOT!" said Kai emphasizing the words a lot. "I'm pretty hungry. You know, today is Friday meaning another English class. Can you hear me? English class~" I sing-song. He rolled his eyes as he turns away from me, maybe he will be searching for an empty seats.

 

"I really can't believe you can eat that many." He stated proudly as he just stares at me. "I need energy for later." I answered plainly as I wipe my mouth with my handkerchief. "You still have like two classes before English, right?" He said as he wink at the girl that passed by. I rolled my eyes and then stood up to reach for his head to knock it. "Aww, that hurts!" He groaned as he scratches the part of his head that I knocked on. "You'll never get a decent girl if you are going to flirt with every each of them." I said smirking. "It's your fault because you don't want to date me." Don't get him wrong, he was just joking. To tell you the truth he really did asked me out but I decided to refuse him that day. We've been really close to each other and I am really satisfied with just like that. He's not that type of boy who gives up easily so it took me almost five months to convince him to stop chasing for me. After a month or so we return to be just being friends, he moved on.  So whenever I am killing him with my glares and head-knocking when he tries to flirts with every girl that is passing by he always brought up that joke and I get used to it somewhat. "It's really hard to find someone like you." He said cheekily. I reach for his cheeks and then pulled it. "I know, I know! I'm one of a kind!" I boasted. He laughs and it's contagious that it also brought smile to my face. I treasure Kim Jongin, so much.

 

"I'll see you around, Min!" He announced as he waves at me that causes me to waves back. I rushed to my next class and then took my seat. The girl, if I am not mistaken named Park Soyou, smile at me before returning my calculus book. "Thank you, again." I only smile in return before she went back to her seat. The lesson ended quickly than I can ever imagine. It seemed like that I am really enjoying this subject that I can't even feel the time ticking so fast. The next class also ended so fast that I am now standing in front of my English room. I sighed and took a deep breath before twisting the knob open. "Good evening, professor!" I bowed and then walk towards my usual seat. I look around seeing no one except me and him. I am the first one to arrive. I took my phone out and then decided to play a little game to waste time. After a few games, my phone shuts down as it needed to be charge. "Why it's only me here today?" I asked as I look at my wristwatch. Twenty minutes have passed since I walk inside this room. "They're not coming. They already took the exam that I prepared for me to know whether they needed to stay or not." He blurted still eyes on the book. "And me staying here is…" I begin, "you, too, are going to take that exam." He finished. "Why didn't you tell me the very first minute I step in?" I said almost shout out of anger. "I thought you have important things to do since you took your phone out as soon as you take the seat." He answered with a matter-of-fact tone. I rolled my eyes and then took my pen inside my bag. "Bring it on!" I announced with boring expression. I saw him smirked before taking something from the cabinet near the window. "Don't be so confident even though this test is easy…" that caused me to smile. "…but for you, I don't think so." I rolled my eyes as he nears me. Again, my palpitating heart begins. I get paralyzed as he was now right in front of me. With those doe-eyes staring at me, it felt like I was a statue. "You only have an hour." He said plainly before returning to his desk. And just like that, my heart starts to calm itself down, only a bit. I still feel nervous, whether because of him or this test, I don't exactly know. The test contains 40 questions and the first ten is really easy and the rest are not so easy but not so hard yet it still makes me think so hard.

 

"Ten minutes remaining!" He reminded me. ! ! ! What the is this !? I decided to take a quick guess before passing my paper to him. "Take your things, you may go afterwards." He said as he took my paper and then placed it inside the drawer of his desk. "Aren't you going to check it?" I curiously asked. "Not in front of you." "And why so?" I replied. "Excuse me, are you forgetting something again?" He said quite irritated. "No, I am sorry." I made face as my back facing him. So mean, does boys already has period? Because he seems like really having one. Why did I like him again? I unintentionally rolled my eyes before taking my bag and then about to walk out but I decided to ask hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter