Nineteen: Admiration

My Professor, Do Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Admiration:

 

I pulled away from the hug and then wiped my tears. "We can be friends…" I managed to say as I looked away still unsure on how to handle the sudden physical contact. I was damn nervous right now, really nervous.  I felt his gaze on me that keeps me from looking back at him. I still can't look at him in the eyes. "You know that's not what I meant… right?" He uttered as he took my hand. My hands were trembling but that was not important anymore, I don't mind either. I am losing control and I am scared that I might accept him right away and I don't want that to happen. I just can't give in that easy. He has to earn my heart again. He broke it for so many times and I want an assurance that he won't do it again because damn, I don't know if I could still get up after another heartbreak. If only he told me that earlier when I am still motivated to win him but no he was late. He told me when I have decided to forget about him. I pulled my hand away from his grip and then looked back at him. "Maybe for the mean time… I am scared, Kyungsoo-ssi. I don't want to get hurt anymore. I am… tired of it." I whispered as I looked down. "I understand… but you will let me court you, right?" He asked unsure. I paused for a seconds. "I don't know… maybe?" I replied.

 

"So, what is your status now, the both of you?" Jongin is in my house today and I have told him what happened earlier this afternoon at the university, at the parking lot to be specific, inside Kyungsoo's car to be more specific. I texted him that I told Kyungsoo to be a friend of mine for the mean time and he replied that he will be at my house as soon as his classes ended, which is earlier than mine so he had waited for some time for me to come home. That doesn't bore him though because he knows my password so he can just come and go any time he wants and do whatever he likes. I took the pillow and brought it to my lap and then sigh. "I don't know… friends? I want to know him more first. You know I have my all my guards stood tall now. I just can't let him in that easy. I've been hurt by him and we don't know much about each other so maybe…" I answered trying to explain my side. I know I am doing the right thing. Yes, everyone deserves a second chance but you can't just give it right away as if nothing happens. You have to protect yourself on your own. I don't really know what's with us but maybe I should just go with the flow. I will let fate and time decides what we are and what we are going to be. I have fate that the right thing will come my way and I just need to wait. "If you want to ask anything about him just ask me or Sehun. We know so much about him." He smiled before patting me in the head. "You are about to become a lady. I wonder what I will do to you…" He muttered looking at me sweetly. I seriously appreciate Jongin even though he's being a douche bag sometimes. "But I am already a lady. I am nineteen, Jonginyy~ and besides we are not dating. I just told him that I will treat him nice from now on… like a friend!" and I shrugged. He chuckles and then ruffles my hair. "But for me you are still my little sister…" he said smirking trying to tease me. "… Who you once fell in love with?" I teased and then laugh. "Oh, shut up! I already forget about that thing!" He whined and then smacks me in the head lightly. I laugh and then smack him back. "Be happy, Hyemin. Hyung is really a good guy but take things slow, okay? Know him more before you commit. Make sure you love him and he loves you unconditionally." He said looking at me in the eyes. Can I just cry? That was touching. I can feel his sincerity through those words. I am happy that Jongin is here for me. I just love him so much. He's really a big brother to me. I am so lucky, beyond lucky! I nodded and then smile at him, genuinely. "Thank you, oppa~" I whispered but loud enough for him to hear. This is my very first time calling him oppa. He had been bugging me to call him that before but I refused to do so because he was just months older than me and it feels awkward. But today, I feel like he really is my big brother and I also want to a little. Jongin smiles at me before pinching my cheeks. "You're the cutest."

          From: Kyungsoo

          Good night, Hye. Have a nice dream. 

I stared at my phone as I read his message. He really doesn't forget to send me messages from the moment I wake up to the moment I will sleep. He keeps on checking me, reminding me to eat healthy food. I appreciate his efforts but that wasn't enough for me to give in. That made me smile but I just can't. I have to assure myself before letting him in because the moment that I give in and accept him, I will also give him the power to destroy me. It's not that I don't trust him. I just don't want to get hurt anymore to the point that it will push me to limits.

          To: Kyungsoo

          Good night to you too and have a nice dream.

I replied with a smile on my face and of course he doesn't know that. Good night, dream of me. They both said in their mind before going to sleep.

 

Hyemin rubs her eyes as she sat straight. She turns to the clock on the side table of her bed before getting off. Walking straight to the bathroom, she prepared her uniform and things that she will need. After taking a bath, she made her way to the kitchen and cooks breakfast for herself.

 

"Good morning, Min~" Junho greeted Hyemin as soon as she took the seat beside the boy, which is really her seat in the very first place. Junho is really cheerful that made Hyemin like one too. His cheerfulness made Hyemin smile, which is rare for Junho to see, at him and then greeted him back. "Good morning, Junho-ssi" Junho who was shocked turned to the girl besides him with wide-eyes and mouth opened. "D-did you just greet me?" He asked bewildered. Hyemin turns to him and smile. "Yes, I did. Why?" She asked and Junho shook his head. "Nothing…" He trails but smiles anyway. Hyemin tilts her head to the side not sure why was he being like that but eventually she decided to shrug it off. It wasn't important anyway, she thought to herself. Couple of minutes later, their computer professor arrived. Students made their way to their designated seat as the professor taps his finger on the desk. "I'll be giving you an assignment to be passed next week. I want you to work on web designing, any theme is fine. I just want to see what idea you are going to come up…" the professor said as he scans his book. "Of course this won't be an individual assignment. Group yourself into two. I'll give you five minutes and then we will start the discussion." The room was filled with noise as the students tried to find themselves a partner. "Let's do it together…" Junho offers to Hyemin. "As if I have a choice" Hyemin replied. Junho smiles and then pinch Hyemin's cheek that made the girl yelp in surprise. "Ya!" She glares at the man. "Sorry, you're just cute." He smiles. Hyemin rolled her eyes and decided to let it slide again. Keep your cool, Park Hyemin. Keep your cool! She chanted inside her head as she stares ahead of her.

 

"My house is near though…" Junho uttered as the both of them are walking to the bus stop where they can ride a bus to Hyemin's apartment. "But I won't stay at your house." Hyemin replied as she walks. Junho smiles staring at the g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter