Fifteen: Win

My Professor, Do Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Win:

 

Earlier this morning, I have received a message from Sehun inviting me to attend a party. He said it is a welcome-party for a friend who is coming back from studying abroad. And since I don't have anything to do, I decided to come along as well knowing that Jongin is also invited. Maybe this will be the last party I am going to attend this vacation because school nearing the calendar. I only have one week to spend my vacation wisely. What a pain in the ! I don't know that time runs so fast. I don't even enjoy my vacation, well some of it. I walked around the street to unwind. I have been thinking so much for the past few weeks of my life. I am also a human who needs some time to relax. I just figured that out. I have been lost for something. I need to catch up and cheer up. I used to be a jolly girl, but ever since I fell in love I have been so stressed lately. What they have said is right. Falling in love is not as easy as it sounds like. Come on! Who falls that did not get hurt? Even the title itself has pain mirroring it. "That was cute…" I muttered watching a little kid playing with the furry puppy. I managed to smile. I wonder how I look like when I am smiling. Jongin keeps on saying that I look stupid and awkward but I know that he was just joking, or maybe he's telling the truth. Oh my ghad! Just what if? I continue on walking until I see an ice cream parlor. The kid inside me had taken over as I found myself walking towards it. Who doesn't like ice cream? It cheers everyone up. Sweets are loved. "Cookies and cream in a cone, please." I said with a smile. The girl at the counter smiles back, sweetly, before tapping the monitor in front of her. "That would be two thousand won, ma'am." I nodded before taking my wallet from my pocket and then paying the cashier. "Just a second, please." And then the girl started scooping the ice cream I badly wanted. "Here, please come again!" I took the ice cream from her before bowing a little. "Thank you!"

 

"You are smiling sweetly now." My mother has told me a while ago. I don't know but did I not smile for the past few days? I am not sure but that was in the past now. I am just so thankful that my relationship with Mina is now over and I am planning on starting a new beginning. That sounds redundant, right? I have to move on with my life now. Play time is over and I need to secure my future. I decided to quit my job and the reason? I am still not sure at all. Well, I can say that Hyemin is also one of the reasons. I don't know, just maybe. I don't want to distract her. If she keeps on seeing me close to her, I assumed that she will be out of focus. It's already her last year in college and I don't want to be the cause of her problems. I usually don't bother if I am being a distraction to my students. As long as I am doing my job and they are excelling, I am perfectly fine with it. But Hyemin is different. She's way too different from the others. "Kyungsoo, honey? Lunch is ready. Go downstairs, your father is waiting!" I heard my mum called out. I closed the book I am reading, although I don't know if I really understand it since my mind is floating, before standing up to proceed to the dining area. I am in my parent's house now. I decided to pay them a visit since I have been away for the past few months. And of course, my mum has been bugging me to visit her. She treats me as if I am still a baby. I am not complaining but it is just that… I want her to treat me according to my age. I proceed to the dining area and then take a seat on the left side of my father. "Good afternoon, father!" I greeted before sitting. He just nods and then signals my mother to take her seat too. My father and I are having a good relationship as father and son. It's just that he's too formal when he's eating, way too formal should I say.

 

"I am going to visit again. Bye mum, bye dad!" I then went to the garage. Starting the engine, I drove off back to my unit. I was driving home and as if fate is having fun, I see Hyemin walking. I slow down and then followed her. I don't know, I don't have anything to do anyway. I don't forget to keep a fair distance for her not to notice. I saw her bought an ice cream. Suddenly, I felt like eating one too. Not a fan of sweets but that screams envy. She turns around and I don't know what's up with me as I looked down and hide. She can't even see me. I am just quite stupid. I then raised my head to watch her. She's at the other side of the road. I have to park my car if I am going to follow her more. Having a second thought, maybe I should not. I am not that kind of person who invades someone's privacy. But I am curious on where she is going. I decided to park my car at the nearest restaurant before running to where Hyemin is. Maybe I could still catch up since this wasn't a complicated road. When I finally keep a glance of her back, I followed her. I sound like a stalker but I am just curious. Just curious. I keep a fair distance and also use sunglasses to at least hide myself. And when I finally figure out where she is going, I took the other side of the road and then run so I can arrive there before her. I am absolutely out of my mind.

 

Good timing. That is what I have said to myself after seeing the park not crowded. Usually, this park is full of kids playing around but today is an exception. There are few but not much, perfect to unwind. I was walking around the corner watching the kids laughing and playing. I am seeing myself to them. I used to play a lot in the countryside when I was a little. It is good to see them having fun. They really have to enjoy their childhood days because it can't be brought back. Time is gold, indeed. We have to cherish every seconds of our lives. "H-hey!" I turn around to look at the owner of the familiar voice. He is sweating, like a lot. I only stared at him, not sure on what to do. He, too, only stares back at me. He called me, right? That does mean he has something to say? "What?" I blurted with an amused tone. Why is he here? And why is he sweating? "C-can… can you buy me water?" He says out of breath. I nodded awkwardly before turning around and then walk to the nearest store. Why am I doing this for him? He's the reason why I am here. I want to unwind from all the stress he caused. Anyway, I still buy water for him and a handkerchief for him to wipe his sweat. Walking back to where he was, I saw a kid crying. I then hurried back to Kyungsoo and then throw him the water and handkerchief before running back to the kid. "Hello? May I know why are you crying?" I asked the little boy with a gentle tone as I bend down to his level. The little boy looks up only for me to be hypnotized. He is so cute. I feel bad to admit it but he looks so cute even when he's crying. "I lost my little friend!" He cried out. I wiped his tears using my handkerchief before tapping his head. "Maybe I can help you. Can you tell me what she looks like? Or he?" I said smiling to the little boy. "Ya! Why did you run-- who is he?" I averted my eyes from the cute little boy to the big one, who is also a cute one. "Some kid. I saw him crying." He then bends down beside me and then took the boy's hand. Okay, this escalated too quickly. He is stealing the boy's attention from me. I glared at Kyungsoo as he smirked at me, his famous killer smirk. "What is the problem, boy?" I am surprised at the sudden change of personality of this professor.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter