Thirteen: Decision

My Professor, Do Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Decision:

 

"You need to stop this, Min. You know it's not right" said Kai. Kyungsoo went home a while ago. I don't know but I have this feeling that Jongin made him leave. I just have this feeling. True or not, I am not sure. I bit my lip, unsure on how to respond. "You can't understand me, Kai. I like him, a lot. I don't know if I can still avoid him. Not now that I am too attached." I answered as I looked away. I looked down and then stare at my feet. I know that this is not right but I can't just turn down this feeling. I already went too far to quit. "Why did you keep this from me? When do you exactly plan telling this to me? Or do you even plan to? I am your friend, Min. I want what's good for you. He, Do Kyungsoo, is your professor and he is dating Mina. You know that, right? So, why are you doing this? You don't beg for love, Hye" I know! I know I shouldn't beg. His words are like knives that are stabbing me right in the head and straight to the heart. That's a fact. I know he was right but I don't know if I can still stop myself. I, too, am not sure if I want Kyungsoo out of my life. He's too precious to me. I might feel irritated towards him at some time but that can't change the fact that I like him too much. This is killing me. "I am confused, Jongin. I know that I like him and I will do anything to--" "Bull! Okay! If that's what you want then forget I am your friend! You did see how much he loves Mina. If he loves you too maybe I still could consider this, but no, he doesn't. You both are my friend and I don’t' want him to hurt you. You better think straight, Min. Do what you think is right." he shouted before storming out of my flat. I bit my lip as I felt my tears flowing. I am such a fool.

               To: Hyeminie~

               I'll see you in a week from now. Tell me what you want.

I clicked the send button before keeping my phone in my side pocket. I pushed the doorbell and waited for someone to open the door for me. "Kyungsoo is in his room." I nodded to the maid and says thank you before walking upstairs to Kyungsoo's room. I took a deep breath before turning the knob and then open the door. I was greeted by Kyungsoo who's lying on the bed with a book in his hand. "Oh, Kai" he greeted when I came in. "I wanted to talk to you" I replied plainly. I still can't contain my anger. I still can remember Hyemin's words, that he kissed her. How dare he kiss her when he's already dating Mina? He's so in love with that girl and I don't want him to play Hyemin's heart. They are both my friend. He's like a brother to me and she's already like a sister to me and I don't want to see her hurt, by the person I trusted the most. I know I will hurt her by doing this, by parting their ways but I know what's good for her. He just can't date her professor, that's insane! "About what?" he asked as he sat straight facing me. "About Hyemin"

               From: Jonginyy~

               I'll see you in a week from now. Tell me what you want.

I stared at my phone as I lay on my bed. What do I want? I want my happiness, that is clear but I don't want to lose Kai either. I don't want to choose. I don't know if I can handle to lose one of them. I grew attached and I hate it. Kai is my only closest friend and he's been here with me ever since I lost my mum while I only knew Kyungsoo for three years in my college. But both of them are precious to me. Why do I have to choose? I growled and rolled on the bed as I am getting more and more frustrated. I just can't let that happen.

               To: Jonginyy~

               Can I call you?

I sighed before tapping the send button, nervous. I know he's mad at me and the probability of him replying to my text is mere one percent. I know Jongin. When he's upset he'll disregard what made him pissed and this time it was me. I waited for him to reply, even though I am not confident that he'll reply, but an hour had passed already. I don't know if he's planning on texting me back. I wanted to talk to him. I want to clear my mind. I wanted him to hear my side story. I feel like I am going to explode anytime soon. I want him to know. I want him to understand. I can't let the day pass without clearing things between us. If I could do this today then I will. I can't waste my time. Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrating. Picking it up, it reads 'Jonginyy'. I unknowingly smiled. I thought he's mad. I took a deep breath before answering the call.

"Jongin…" I said right after I answered the call. I let out the air I have been holding.

"I just read your message, sorry. What do you want?" he still sounds pissed.

"Are you mad? You sound so cold…" I bit my lip knowing that Jongin is still upset. I can't blame him though. I gave him headache. He only wants what is good for me and I am here being a stubborn girl.

"Can you blame me?" he asked. No, I can't.

"No. I know I am wrong but… can you at least hear me out?" I bravely asked him. Silence surrounds us for about a minute. He doesn't want to. He won't listen to me. I hate myself. Why did I fall for my professor? I am stupid, so stupid.

"Okay. Spill it." He answered and that made me assured me somehow.

"You know that I have known him since our first year, right?" I heard him hummed and I continue on what I am going to say. "I don't have feelings for him way back then, I swear. It all started in the first semester of our third year when he helps me out taking a book in the library. Just like in movies, I accidentally fell on him when I am trying to take the book at the top room of the shelf. I didn't mean to stare at him. It happened so fast that I get mesmerized. I really don't mean it, I swear to God!"

"So, are you telling me that your one-sided love is just like in those movies?"

"Hey, that's mean!" I countered. I heard him chuckles and I smile afterwards. Jongin isn't mad at all and that made me happy. "He happened to be there to catch me. I unknowingly stared at his face. I swear, I didn't mean it. I never thought that I will fall for him afterwards. And when I do, God knows how much I tried to stop myself. I know that dating a professor is prohibited. I mean, that is insane! I tried so hard to stop myself. Whenever I see him, I always walk back to the opposite direction and I don't look back. But then last semester, he became my English teacher. That's insane because I am seeing him three times a week for three hours each day and that only makes things hard for me to completely erase this feeling. It feels like life is playing with me. I tried so hard to avoid him but then he became my professor…"

"I am following…"

"And then I found out that you two are friends. The reason why I am trying not to come with you guys last vac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter