Of Regal Manes and Fluffy Tails

Cat and Dog
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chen found himself joining the dog the next day in the sunny grass in the backyard. She was laying down, watching some clouds. He looked up and the back down at her.

    Chen didn’t want to admit it; but he couldn’t help noticing all these things about her. Sure, he noticed that she was getting a bit taller, and that her hair was growing longer, but those things were subtle. He felt a bit erted if he admitted that it was hard not take in her body shape and how long her legs were. He blushed when he thought that if he just held up his hands, her chest would fit perfectly in his palms.

    She opened her eyes and smiled, stretching herself. He watched as she arched her back slightly and her shirt rose to show her tummy.

    Wow.

    Shut up.

    I just... never took you as a cat who thinks such fluffy things.

    I’m a male... we hate fluff.

    Yeah, I’m pretty sure you’re killing yourself over the idea of peppering her belly with-

    She let out a high pitched moan that made Chen shiver, “Hi... what’s up?”

    “N-not much... just been working on my knitting,” he gulped.. He was able to knit a few rows, but he ended up thinking about the dog and before he knew it, he had to fix the rows again and again before he gave up.

    “That’s nice. I wish I had a hobby like you,” she sighed, looking at the sky, “It’s times like these that I wish Joonmyeon kept his laptop at home.”

    “Why would you want his laptop?”

    Wendy sat up and fixed her shirt, looking at the cat. Her ears were up front today and her tail wagged a bit, “Well, when I’m out here looking up at the clouds, I think of stories to write. Like how a dragon met a toad, or how a castle was built on clouds... things like that.”

    Unaware of the dog’s creative imagination, the cat asked, “Well isn’t that a hobby? Do you make them up on the spot?”

    “Sometimes?” she tilted her head, looking over at the tree in the corner, “Others are just some silly little tales with no plots and some have meaning that related to my life.”

    Chen looked at the tree and then back at the dog. He didn’t really know the dog well enough to really say he knew her personality, but he was interested in what she created; what her imagination wrote down. “What’s your favorite?”

    She looked at him, her tail wagging, “My favorite what?”

    “Story,” his tail swished, “What’s your favorite story you made up?”

    A lion met a fearful bunny in a cave. Afraid for her life, she asked the lion to spare her, for she had much to live. The lion ignored her and just laid in a corner to nap. He was rather annoyed by her presence as she tried to make friends, but after many attempts and many days, he grew to accept it, sometimes just laying there instead of napping.

    The lion grew to become good friends with the bunny, but wouldn’t bother with her public. When she asked about it, he said that he wanted to be seen as a scary lion, an animal not to be messed with. She instead felt that he was embarrassed to be seen as a friend with someone that was supposed to be his dinner, and showed it by not seeing him a few days. He grew worried, but always found her to be at her burrow with her family, reassured she was safe.

    It was a sunny day and the bunny accidentally confronted a fox having a bad day. He kidnapped her and dragged her through the forest, the bunny cried for the lion to save her.

    The lion was unaware of what had happened until the owl relayed the information many hours later. Extremely worried, the lion raced into the forest without much thought, only wanting to bring the bunny back safe and sound.

    When he did find her, he saw the fox bite into her leg. Hearing her cry broke his heart and he attacked the fox, winning the fight. The fox ran away as the lion turned to nuzzle the bunny, apologizing to her about how he should have showed the world that they were friends. She smiled and told him with a weak voice that she was happy he came to rescue her, whispering to him that she’d miss their days in the cave.

    With her final breath, the lion cried and cried for a long time before burying her in the cave, snuggling with her spirit until the day he died.

    The cat’s brows crinkled in confusion, “Why is it such a sad ending?”

    The dog tilted her head, “What ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter