Of Lakeside Confessions and His Whole World

Cat and Dog
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene was the first to wake up in the morning, annoyed by the sunlight that wanted to push its way past the curtains. For a moment, she forgot that they were in a different place as she almost had a heart attack when she saw Joonmyeon sleeping next to her on his back. She cuddled into the blanket and examined her boyfriend’s sleepy stillness; the butterflies coming back for a second round in her stomach as she thought what it would it would be like to see this view every day for the rest of her life. Having to calm herself; reminding herself that she shouldn’t be thinking like that, it was difficult to not want him not only as the person she’d wake up to every morning, but as the man she one hundred percent can see be by her side every day for the rest of her life.

           A bit surprised by her own admission, she bit her lip and carefully moved out of the bed to use the bathroom and feel a little refreshed.

           When she was done, Joonmyeon was still asleep. She slowly crawled over to his side of the bed, kissing his cheek a few times before moving around his face. When he didn’t stir, she traveled her kisses down his neck, which seemed to do the trick. With an unintelligible greeting, he stretched and quickly opened his eyes wide, knowing something was off.

           Irene’s confused expression allowed her to look down the bed and notice the rather out of place bump in the sheets, causing her to blush as well, even though she couldn’t stop staring at it. “So… um… it still happens when you’re an adult, huh?”

           Joonmyeon looked at her, unsure of what to do. There are so many avenues that could happen right now, he didn’t know which one would happen. Paralyzed with embarrassment, he placed a pillow on top of it as he sat up, groaning at the friction he felt. Irene felt her body being splashed with cold water at his sound.

           Without much thinking, Irene watched as he stood up, awkwardly holding the pillow to his stomach and started to slowly make his way to the bathroom. She sat on the mattress and said, “I’ll uh… step out and give you some privacy.”

           “At least change first!” he called out, turning into the bathroom. He threw the pillow out the door as he locked the door, sighing in relief. He stripped himself of his pants and glared at it, muttering about bad timing and tingling fantasies.

  🐱 🐶

           Irene was rather shy towards her boyfriend when the met up at the canteen hall for breakfast. She couldn’t help but to compare her ex-husband with her current boyfriend, her mind going a mile a minute as she was eating her breakfast.

           Maybe while we were dating… plenty of … loads, like I’m pretty sure I only told Joonmyeon not even half of what we did, but I don’t think he really was embarrassed by morning wood… if anything, didn’t he wake me up with morning ? Oh gosh, it’s been so long since I had with a guy, I can’t even remember what it looks like. Okay, that’s a total lie, I’ve been with three guys ever, but still…

           She looked up at Joonmyeon, who was minding his own business while eating a bowl of frosted flakes. He certainly was embarrassed, but it wasn’t like he did it on purpose, but… Uh, Irene, I know you want to badly ride him like a horse, but geeze, give yourself some credit. Your thinking and acting just like before you married Sehun, except Sehun actually put out –wait, that’s cruel. I can’t even believe I thought that. Joonmyeon is super sweet and has honestly treated me way better than Sehun ever has. We communicate far better, and it’s rather refreshing that he’s a bit insecure about himself when I think of him like a gift. Am I honestly upset that he won’t have with me? Should I be honestly upset? I did tell him I was fine with waiting, but this morning was like an accidental sneak peek. I didn’t see anything, but I couldn’t stop imagining it. I know I’m nothing like Jieun, but—oh my gosh, is he comparing me to his late wife? Am I coming off as too ual?

           “Irene.”

           I mean, I thought I was behaving rather well! Sure, I dropped some hints and flirted a bit heavily, but that’s how I’ve always been. I know what I want, and am unapologetic for it, but geeze, is my own way of letting him know I’m attracted to him and happy with him going to be my downfall? What if he breaks up with me? What if he breaks up with by telling me I’m nothing like his wife; that he’s still clinging on to her? Am I even ready for a break up? I don’t want us to break up. I won’t be a psychopathic ex if does, but it’s going to hurt worse than finding out Sehun was cheating on me; right? Holy , Joonmyeon’s going to break up with me because I’m too into him! Maybe I should--

           “Irene,” Joonmyeon called, finally getting her attention when her eyes actually focused on him. “What’s the plan today? Wanna go on another hike?”

           She took a second before a smile rested on her lips, “Do you feel up for that? Aren’t you a bit sore? We might as well go for another swim.”

           “Only if you wear a t-shirt over your bikini,” he suggested, “Maybe these weirdos can stop hitting on you in front of me.”

           She felt like her heart was going to jump out of her chest. She hummed and looked down at her food, which she noticed looked really beaten up. She couldn’t recall if she was practically beating up her eggs when she was deep in thought. “Well… I feel a bit tense from all the… physical activity we did yesterday so I was going to go to the all woman’s hot yoga session…”

           Joonmyeon’s brows went up, a bit surprised, “O-okay… yeah. I guess then I can do something.”

           She smiled, though it didn’t reach her eyes, “Great.”

            🐱 🐶

           Irene didn’t feel calmed after that hot yoga session. If anything, she just felt more annoyed. She sprawled out on one of the benches around the resort, planning on how she’d act if he did break up with her. Though she felt equally irritated that she was thinking such things, she still ended up thinking of them because she was already in that state, so might as well enjoy the ride.

           Before she could go into a spiraling cesspool of negativity, the woman who tried to hook up with her yesterday at the lake sat down next her, patting her thigh. “Yeah… those hot yoga sesh’s are pretty difficult if you’re not used to heat.”

           “Jungah,” Irene whined, “Can I confide with you about something? I feel like maybe talking about what’s been on my mind and getting some advice from a married woman might help make sense of whatever’s going on in my head.” She made motioned when her clawed hands, waving them around, when she realized she could’ve called Seulgi.

           “Uh oh,” Jungah crossed her legs and leaned forward, readying her gossip-radar ears, “What has your boyfriend done now?”

           “That’s the thing… he hasn’t done anything!” Irene groaned, resting her one leg off the bench as the other kept her anchored, “Joonmyeon has probably been the best decision I’ve made when it comes to a guy since I was born! We actually talk and learn things from each other, and we have the same sense of humor… but I can’t help thinking he’s going to break up with me.”

           “And how long have you been thinking these thoughts?”

           A bit embarrassed, Irene pouted, “This morning.”

           Jungah chuckled, moving her hair back behind her ears. “Ah… I remember when being worried over things like that with Jinki… Why do you think he’s going to break up with you? Has he done anything that proves it?”

           “Well… no… but… I feel like he knows somehow that I’m having a difficult time being mature and keeping my promise that we don’t need to have on this trip. I want to be mature; I’m always telling him it’s okay that we don’t have to step out of his boundaries, but it’s so difficult because I don’t know how to tell him that I want to edge towards that sometimes…” Irene sighed, rubbing her eyes, “I feel like he’s going to break up with me if I push him out of his safezone.”

           “Honey,” Jungah pulled the woman to sit up, looking at her, “It’s your job to push him out of his safe zone just enough that his safe zone gets a bit bigger. Now, as much as I want to know about the details, I won’t ask. However, I suggest you two talk it out because nothing breaks a good couple like miscommunication; which includes no communication. Also, now this is purely my opinion, but maybe get a bit edgier when you two make out. Like squeeze his or even playfully pretend you didn’t brush your hand against his junk. That’s how I stole Jinki all for myself.”

           Irene rested her elbows on her knees, pouting. “He’s pretty conservative… I don’t want to try anything if he isn’t up for it.”

           “Then how are you going to know he’s up for it if you don’t try?”

 

           It was about an hour later when Joonmyeon found Irene sitting on a bench under the tree, wearing the same striped top and shorts he was wearing. She was on the phone, intently listening to her end. When he sat down beside her, she looked at him with a smile, and turned the phone up louder so Joonmyeon could eavesdrop. He kissed her temple as he heard the sound of a chattering girl.

           It was several minutes later, an awkward exchange with Wonwoo, and plenty of promises before Irene hung up, leaning her head back on the arm wrapped around her. She let out the sound of a dying beach whale, showing how annoyed she was.

           “Seulgi?”

           “She called me to complain about something that Wonwoo did, but honestly, knowing how sick in the head she can be, she only called me because of her little game she as with each of her boyfriends.”

           “Do I even want to know?”

           “Probably not but I’m going to tell you anyways” Irene smirked as she turned a little, putting her legs up on his lap. “So, one of the rounds is to call someone and have a seemingly normal conversation while having .”

           Joonmyeon raised his brows, unsure if he would be able to do that. “That’s… a bit…”

           “Odd, but Seulgi is a bit of a freak,” she shrugged before she rested her head on his shoulder, taking his hand into hers. “How was your fishing thing? Catch anything?”

           “It went well; caught a fish as big as my shoe. Sadly, we had to release them back, but at least I caught one!” Joonmyeon hummed as he rubbed her shoulder, “How was hot yoga?”     

           “Hot and filled with so many women,” Irene yawned, snuggling into his shoulder, “Have I ever told you you’d make an awesome pillow?”

           “Only a thousand times,” Joonmyeon chuckled. The two sat there for a few minutes, cuddled on the hard, wooden bench under the shade of a tree. Joonmyeon felt rather content, wondering if this moment could be a normal occurrence if he built or bought a bench for the backyard. Just as he felt like falling asleep, Irene pulled away, forcing herself to get up.

           “Do you want to go for a walk?” she asked, brushing her hair behind her ear.

  🐱 🐶

           “I can’t wait until all this water from the sky leaves us; I just want to wear cute dresses. Is that too much to ask for?” Wendy asked as the two walked into the house bundled up in raincoats and boots. Chen bit his lip; wondering how he would once again react when the dog wore certain dresses.

           He slowly took his outerwear off when he heard the distancing voice of the dog, watching her enter the kitchen with nothing but his hoodie that looked like it could swallow her, a pair of shorts, and her socks. She called out if he would like some tea, and he choked out a response, wondering what feeling her bare thighs would be like.

           When he put away all their outerwear, he took a glance at the couch before he walked into the kitchen, the dog’s tail wagging about as she sat on the counter, two steaming cups of tea next to her. The cat’s tail waved about wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter