Of Forgetful Confessions and Happened Nothings

Cat and Dog
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as Joonmyeon opened the door, he heard hissing and growling from upstairs, along with thumps and bangs.

           “Wendy, please come out! You can’t stay in there all day!”

           “Go away!”

           “Please, Chen didn’t mean what he said! –What did you say to her?”

           “I just said she looked nice in the clothes she keeps stealing from me. I thought a compliment might help her heat!”

           “Really. A compliment to help her heat.”

           “I don’t know how female heat works!”

           “Leave me alone before I bite your hand off!”

           There was resistance, however the two cats started to descended from the stairs, arguing over whether the grey cat needed to just get something over and done with.

           “I am not going to give her our first time like that! I’m more romantic than that.”

           “You’re as romantic as a dead slug on a sidewalk in winter.”

           “You waited two years for Bambam before you two could properly mate!”

           “Yeah, but that’s because we imprinted on each other before he left for Thailand. Last time I checked, unlike you, she hasn’t done that at all!”

           “You and Kai with the imprinting… Fine, whatever, but I’m not doing anything until she’s settled.”

           “That is… if you can find your pills…”

           A growl turned into a loud hiss as the grey and black cat emerged, falling to the ground as they struggled for the bottle of birth control. The two humans watched for a moment before Joonmyeon cleared his throat, ceasing the physical fight the two were having. Chen was ready to punch the cat underneath him, pouting after his surprise subsided.

           “Get off her,” Joonmyeon ordered, carefully pulling the grey cat off the black, who scooted out of the way, teasing him with the bottle before Joonmyeon swiped it out of her hands. “Now… why are you two trying to kill each other? Is Wendy alright?”

           “She’s…. not in danger,” Chen looked to the side, embarrassed his human saw him like this.

           “She’s going through the worst part of her heat,” Lisa announced, sticking her tongue out at the cat. “Chen won’t help her and I think he’s being stubborn!”

           “I told you, I’m not mating with her like this!”

           “It’s not mating if there’s no feelings! It’s just !”

           Joonmyeon rubbed his hand over his face, feeling like he needed a thousand years of sleep and would most likely still be tired when he woke up. “Oh lord, I don’t think I want to hear this.”

           As the two began to bicker again, Joonmyeon started to reprimand the two, though he was confused on why. This was a totally odd situation and one he doesn’t have any experience on. “You two… just need to shut up. Lisa, you just can’t take a bottle of pills from a male cat; remember summer of twenty-fifteen? And Jongdae… you… you… just can’t attack Lisa! What if she got hurt; I don’t want Soohyun on my ; she’s scary!”

           Joonmyeon noticed a moment later that Irene had snuck away to the top floor.

           Irene gently knocked on the door where Wendy was hiding from. “I said go away! Leave me to die alone and in pain!”

           “Wendy, it’s me,” the woman announced, leaning her head against the door.

           “Go away, Irene. You’re human and you can’t help.”

           “Yes, but you’re half human, right?”

           There was a pause, and the door opened a few seconds later, showing a disheveled and tear stained dog. Her ears were hidden somewhere in the frizzy mess that was her hair and her tail seemed to have a permanent drag to it. Irene pouted at the dog, the immense desire to coddle her was strong.

           “Irene…” Wendy sniffled, opening the door wider for the human to slip in. Irene was surprised by how the room seemed to match the dog’s appearance: a mess. There were clothes on the floor and the blankets were draped on a chair while there was a pillow that was half split open. There was a smell in the air that Irene couldn’t tell if it was from the dog or the bed.

           Turning around, Wendy immediately hugged Irene, crying into her shoulder. Taken back by the action, it took just a moment for the woman to wrap her arms around her, rocking her back and forth.

           “There, there,” Irene whispered, petting the dog’s head, “It’ll be okay… just tell me what’s going on and how I can help.”

           “You-you can’t help me!” Wendy cried, leaving a wet spot on her shoulder, “You-you aren’t Jongdae!”

           “Did he do something wrong?”

           “He won’t…” she sniffled, “Help me…”

           Confused, Irene had to pull herself out of the dog’s grip to look at her. “Help you with what?”

           “My-my heat,” she sniffled, snot running down her nose and her eyes red and rosy as a tomato, “He said that… that I should let him know when I… I have my first h-heat, but but he won’t even t-touch me!”

           Trying to push the dog off her, she guided the female to sit on the bed as she sat next to her, hugging her from the side. “Yeah… that kind of . Joonmyeon did the same thing to me when we first me.”

           Sniffling, Wendy looked up at Irene. “You get heats?”

           Irene tilted her head, “Ah ha, sort of. It’s not as painful but man do I hate having periods. We get cramps and headaches, I especially want to eat everything in my sight and there are times when I’m really . Sometimes I get really moody or really tired. However, I’m not in constant pain.”

           The female dog nodded before choking up again, “This is just so annoying… I want Chen in here to help me because helping myself is good for a short while. I just want the pain to go away.”

           “Ah…” Irene nodded thinking of an idea, “Would you like me to talk to him?”

           🐱 🐶

           It was a lot of convincing, yelling, coffee sipping, sighs, stolen kisses, and three hours later that Irene came back upstairs with her phone and pair of headphones in her hand. She knocked on the door and was a bit surprised to hear Wendy call her name through the wood, allowing her entry.

           Poking her head in, the woman smiled at the dog, who looked down right miserable existing. “Hey, how you feeling now?”

           “Like Chen hates me,” she pouted, her tail unresponsive. “I will never mate with anyone else if the world.”

           “That’s the spirit,” Irene chuckled, “I remember my teenaged angst; those were not good times. Here.”

           Wendy didn’t flinch when the woman tried to put the headphones over her ears, staring up at her with a blank expression. “Music is not going to help.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter