Tuliped Baklava

Cat and Dog
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is that what you’re wearing?”

Irene pouted at the screen where Seulgi was giving her a disdained expression as she checked out her outfit. She was wearing a pair of sweatpants from college with an old recital program tee, complete with a messy bun and no make up. “Well... I was going to put my make up on.”

“And a bra,” Seulgi scoffed, “I thought you were seducing Joonbyun; why aren’t you dressed?”

“Joonmyun,” the lavender hair corrected. “And I will! I’m just putting the final touches on this baklava before I pop it in the oven. Get off my back woman.”

“You would love that, wouldn’t you?” Seulgi sneered as she looked at the screen occasionally, her eyes focused on her own computer screen. She did glance up in time to see her best friend roll her eyes, in retaliation,  she stuck her tongue out. “But baklava is a dessert... Aren’t you inviting him over for dinner?”

“No, I’m inviting him over to fix my pipes,” Irene sighed sarcastically  as she picked up the package of chicken lying on the next counter over. “Baked chicken with asparagus and mashed potatoes.”

“Homemade?”

Irene scoffed before showing the girl the red box of instant potatoes. “You know I don’t put much effort into simple sides. Desserts is where I excel at.”

“A dentist with a sweet tooth,” Seulgi smirked at the thought, before laying on her back and groaning. “Irene! I miss you! I can’t believe you missed out on coming with me to Japan... again!”

“Excuse me for having an actual job.”

“Hey, I work hard as you. It’s not easy having to edit my own videos and carry my own equipment!”

“Don’t you have a slave to help you?”

“Wonwoo is not a slave,” Seulgi corrected, as she sat up on the bed, making her laptop shake. “He’s my personal assistant that just happens to do a lot of miscellaneous tasks and hold the camera.”

“Right, and I bet that if Mingyu didn’t ask for a major favor, you would have not tried to sleep with Wonwoo, right?”

“You know my rule, I don’t sleep with friends of my family. Especially best friends with my relatives!”

“Yet you’re sharing a room with him at your hotel, right? Don’t you get paid really well?”

Irene looked over to see Seulgi looked away from the screen, pouting. She couldn’t tell if the woman was blushing or not, but she knew that Seulgi always played with her hands when she tried to keep a juicy secret away from her. Irene squinted, cutting the last diamond shape into the unbaked baklava and threw it in the over for a little over an hour. She got closer to the screen as Seulgi hid her face with her dark hair. “Seul.”

Seulgi looked at the screen, unmoving.

“You’re sharing a room with him.”

Seulgi looked the other direction, “No...”

“Seul.”

“More like a bed.”

Irene’s brown eyes became like saucers as her best friend revealed that interesting piece of information. Having to personally take a step back, Irene stared at the screen as Seulgi quickly looked back at the screen before looking away again.

“Well... you know... when life... happens and... he’s... Wonwoo and I have a... unique relationship.”

Irene nodded, “Unique.”

“Yes... he’s um... special...”

Like a lightbulb had just appeared, Irene’s lips spread into a grin as she got closer to the camera, pointing at Seulgi, “Holy crap... you have a crush on Wonwoo.”

“No!”

“You have a crush on your assitant that you hired and swore to never be romantically or ually involved with because he’s your cousin’s best friend... and you’re sleeping with him on oversea trips, aren’t you?”

“Well... what about you and Joonhyun! I bet you and him share romanticisms at work!”

“Hey, don’t turn this around on me and Joon. Myeon.” Irene enunciated. She couldn’t understand if Seulgi was purposely screwing up his name or honestly couldn’t remember it well, “We’re talking about you, Miss I-Want-An-Arranged-Marriage Seulgi.”

“Well excuse me for being human,” Seulgi pouted, combing her hair back as she watched Irene move her laptop closer to her as she started to pound the crap out of the chicken before salting and peppering them. “I don’t know the future!”

“You have lots to explain,” Irene nodded, “But you can tell me that over brunch when you get back.”

“Fine... but don’t tell Minggyu.”

“Why would I talk to him?”

“He and my pet have a bet, and I honestly want Woozi to win.”

Not wanting to know what the bet entails, Irene washed her hands so she could fix her hair. She looked at the time and was thankful she decided to have Joonmyeon come over at eight rather than seven. All she had to do was bake the chicken and asparagus as she got ready. “I just want to know one thing.”

“Hm?” Seulgi was picking at her nails.

“How long has this been going on?”

Seulgi paused for a moment before glancing up at the screen, “A while....”

“And how long is a while?”

“... About three months?”

Well... not as long as I thought. “Is he good in bed?”

“Irene!”

“You’re going to tell me anyways!”

“I’ll tell you when you’re able to tell me about Joonmyeon!”

“That’s not fair! I’ve been open to you about my relationship with him since the first day!”

“You weren’t going to tell me about the expo!”

“I didn’t think I was going to see him again; that doesn’t count! Any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter