Of Apologetic Understandings and Teasing Confessions

Cat and Dog
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy looked around the corner from the door frame, eying the cat who set the basket of laundry on the bed and dumped the clothing out unto the bedcovers, sighing heavily. His tail was rather rigid, not as fluffy, and he sorted through the clothes with little interest, occasionally lifting a shirt that was the dog’s and smelling it; the scent was too mixed in with his that it was really difficult to tell whose scent was who’s.
    She bit her lip and quietly approached the cat, surprising him with her arms around her waist and her cheek against his shoulder, holding him close. She wasn’t fooled when he tried to ignore her, as his tail wrapped around her waist like a habit.
    It was a kind of quiet she didn’t like, and it took her a few minutes of feeling his muscles move under her cheek before she spoke. “Jongdae?”
    He didn’t respond, but his ear turned just a fraction.
    “I’m sorry about earlier,” she placed her hands on his hips and took a half step back. “The vet did something that… is making me rethink some things.”
    The cat turned his head just a bit; the dog could hear his heart beat pick up some.
    She let out a shaky sigh and swallowed what felt like a thousand slugs. “You know I love you… but… I’m just afraid our first time… won’t be as magical as I hope it will be.”
    Jongdae turned around, placing his hands on her shoulders. She looked up at him with a pout, a pink dusting on her cheeks as he placed a kiss on her forehead. “I’m afraid it’s impossible to not look at my world and think how magical I feel when I’m with her.”
    She pouted again, pushing his hands off her. “I’m serious Jongdae. I’m worried that our first time is going to hurt me. I don’t think you understand, you have to be inside me for our mating to be considered official. The vet had her fingers inside me to check to see if I was normal down there and I’m pretty confident you’re bigger than her two fingers, so you can see why I’m worried.”
    The cat took the information in, his ear twitching as he remembered having to show himself to the vet when he hit puberty. His tail twitched as he scratched his neck, trying to think of what to say. “I don’t know what to tell you, Wendy. We won’t know until it happens, but I promise, on all my nine lives, that I will try to make you as comfortable as possible.”
    “You don’t have nine lives.”
    “You’re missing the point.”
    “No, I understand. You’ll try to make me as comfortable as possible,” she said, a blank expression on her face. “To be honest… I was expecting more dramatic words, you know, since you’re so good at it.”
    The cat chuckled as he took a step backwards, sitting on the unfolded laundry on the bed. “Like how I’ll be damned if I ruin my world while attempting to make her feel everything she is to me?”
    Her tail wagged and nodded, standing in front of him. She reached down to grab his hand, swinging their arms. “I know it’s ridiculous to think this way, but—”
    “No, it’s not,” he shook his head. “We’re talking about a very intimate first time for us; and you have every right to be worried because I don’t know your pain. I can only try to help you feel comfortable and loved, right? Don’t feel like I’m going to look down on something you think is rather important, okay?”
    He pulled the female closer, wrapping his other arm around her waist, looking up at her with soft eyes. “I don’t want you to ever think I don’t care about your thoughts and feelings, okay?”
    It may have come as a surprise for him but feeling Wendy’s lips on his was always magical as he felt her hand on his jaw, kissing him a little rough. After she pulled away, she pushed herself on him, forcing him to lie awkwardly on the clothes as she took a few deep breathes of their scent together, feeling her heart beat relaxing against his. She felt him pet her from the top of her head down to the tip of her tail, feeling like a weight has been lifted off her shoulders.
    “I’m sorry for pushing and yelling at you,” she apologized, becoming muffled as she spoke against his skin.
    “As long as you’re only pushing me into bed, all is forgiven,” he laughed, feeling her smack his chest and trying not chuckle with him.

    Joonmyeon let out an irritated sigh as the receptionist in the dental office told him that Irene was filled with a packed schedule for the next two days. When he asked when she was planning on having her lunch break, the receptionist tried to not show her panicked expression, tripping over her words as she said that she had no clue.
    It’s been three days since he last saw Irene, and he was starting to get worried. She wasn’t answering any of his calls or texts which made him worried, because he was certain she said she had fun the past weekend. He bit his lip and thought about ambushing her when he slammed his head on the counter, not caring about the pain. He quickly stood up and told the receptionist again to let Irene know he was looking for him.
    It was when he looked into the office that he squinted at the sight of a familiar head looking around the corner, before their eyes met and the head disappeared. Fueled by the fury of not having any communications in the past three days, he went into the office and followed where the head was.
    He stood right at the corner, waiting for her to look around again. Luckily, most of the dentists

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter