Of Laundry and Something

Cat and Dog
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He could just hear the soft voice singing as he playfully pretended the hung up laundry was a maze. Chen’s tail swished back and forth in excitement as he tried to find the voice in the colorful fabric walls.

When he finally escaped the fresh laundry, he saw the woman hanging the rest of the laundry, humming one of his favorite songs. He giggled when she saw him, quickly running back into the maze.

It wasn’t long before he came out the other side of the maze and saw that the woman wasn’t there. Confused, he ran back to the other end, trying to find her. He didn’t notice the shadow creeping up on him, taking the pins off and scooping him up with the sheet.

He laughed cheerfully as he was picked up and spinned around, before he was put down. Tht soft voice was giggling too as she put back the sheet.

“Again! Again!” Chen cried with glee, wanting to be in the woman’s arms.

“No, Jongdae, these sheets need to be dried before Joonmyeon comes home,” she stated before she picked the kitten up and gave him a big kiss on his cheek. His little tail swayed back and forth. “How about, you help me take down what’s already dried, okay?” she hummed, giving him a few tickles before setting him down.

Knowing what to do, Chen went over to pick up the bucket that was half filled with the clothespins and followed the woman. When she was finished, she watched Chen put the back, before scooping him back in her arms and sitting in a lawnchair.

The kitten cuddled into the woman, nuzzling his face into her cheek. He felt her pet his head, “My little Jongdae... Your mate will be very lucky to have you love her for life.”

“But I don’t want a mate. I only need you!” the kitten responded, planting a big smooch on the woman’s cheek, who giggled at her kitten’s remark.

“I thought I was Joonmyeon’s mate,” the woman hugged, feeling Chen try to hug harder.

“And mine too!”

Still smiling, the woman pulled back and booped the kitten’s nose, “What if you fall in love with another cat? I’m going to lose such a cute mate!”

With determination set in his eyes, he responded, “I won’t fall in love with another cat.”

“Promise?” the woman held up her pinky finger.

Holding up his own and barely wrapping it around the woman’s he nodded, “I promise!”

🐱 🐶

    Warmth and mint was the only thing Wendy was registering as she slowly woke up. She usually didn’t cuddle with Joonmyeon, but maybe she might have this morning. She could feel the back of her neck was a bit sweaty, and she wondered if she’s been sleeping in the same position all night.

She tried to move into the pillows and cover her face when she realized it was a sunny morning. The window was left open again and it was starting to feel warm instead of cool and crisp; she wanted to take her blankets off. Looking down as she struggled to open her eyes, she wondered why Joonmyeon was cuddling her this morning.

Then she felt something brush against her cheek and it encouraged her to open her eyes. Using her hands, she rubbed Joonmyeon’s back, sighing. “Joonie, please get off me.”

As she rubbed her hands up his back and to his neck, she felt herself being pulled into something. She moved her hands up into his hair, and played with the strands until she felt two pointed ears.

Her eyes burst open. “Chen.”

She pulled away a bit too quickly, but the cat didn’t seem to take notice. He had his face at her neck, and his arms were holding her by the waist, keeping her close. His tail was draped on her legs, and their legs intertwined.

Chen moved shortly after and placed his face right under her jaw, purring.

Wendy blushed at the intimate position they were in; yet she didn’t feel embarrassed. She was rather relieved that it wasn’t Joonmyeon; as she glanced at the clock, she realized the human would have been at work.

Chen stopped sleeping in Joonmyeon’s room the day she came into the house; he took residency on the couch in the living room instead. She tried to think of a time Chen didn’t sleep on the couch and she pouted, hugging the cat’s head. She accidentally kicked the poor cat out because she was a puppy.

Taking a breath in, she smiled at his scent. Mint and rosemary; her favorite scent. She liked how it made her feel... something. She didn’t know what it was supposed to be called, but she liked it. It was a good feeling; even better so when she was in Chen’s arms. She remembered a scene on a show about two love interests waking up in the same bed and how they seemed so happy and kept cuddling. She wanted that too, but she knew Chen a bit too well. When he woke up, he would push her off and run away somewhere.  

She didn’t think Chen would actually push her off the bed, but she did believe this was a one time thing. Waking up in her favorite place with her favorite scent with her favorite type of warmth; she didn’t believe Chen would actually do it awake.

Sighing, she didn’t want to get up. She liked how his arms felt wrapped around her waist and how if she moved her head, he’d only push forward to keep his face in her neck. She enjoyed the rise and fall of back; how he sounded breathing. It was a bit too much, but she couldn’t stop being aware of everything that personified Chen.

Feeling her heart pull as she started to remove herself, it pulled harder when Chen kept trying to pull her back into him.

Managing to grab a pillow and to replace her with it, she watched he cuddle into. Wendy’s tail wagged when she bent down to look at his peaceful face. It was nice to not hear Chen’s little noises; it was nice to believe he was peaceful when he slept.

    Resisting an urge of some kind, she went into the closet to find something to change into. She picked up a blue shirt that Joonmyeon was claimed too small on his and a pair of white shorts. She walked to bathroom, being as quiet as possible and undressed.

    Wendy stared at her body in the mirror before she showered. She sighed, unable to stop a few bad thoughts, but when she remembered how Chen called her beautiful-- pretty beautiful-- more beautiful, she broke into a smile. So she didn’t have a perfect bum or the biggest chest, Chen thought she was beautiful.

    Okay, he meant the face but I’m going to pretend he also meant my body.

    When she hopped into the hot shower, she let out a sigh of relief. She went to grab her honey shampoo when she faltered and grabbed Chen’s. If he asked, she’ll say it was a happy mistake.

    After she got dressed, she shook her head and let her hair dry naturally, wanting to savour the scent for a while while she made breakfast.

    She really enjoyed cooking, finding a fun chore. She made basic meals, but Joonmyeon had told her that he trusted her better over the cat when it came to using the stove. She took a great sense of pride over it.

    She attempted to make fun pancakes, but ended up with only one good looking pancake in the shape of a cat’s head. She didn’t want to eat that one; it was way to perfect. Instead, along with some other flops, she place it on a plate and set it to the side. She wanted Chen to have it.

    When she finished with breakfast, she cleaned up and decided to do some laundry. When she gather a ball and was ready to throw it in the washer, there were sheets in there already. Thinking that today was a beautiful day and very warm, she decided to hang them outside.

    As she was doing that, she started to hum some nonsense, thinking what would her situation be like if she was cat. Cats were really pretty; she observed. The cats in the neighborhood often stayed inside, but with her experience with Kai and Lisa, she just knew that all cats were called handsome and beautiful. She remembered a time when Lisa got hit on, the cat telling her she was gorgeous, she just brushed him with confidence, telling him she knew.

    She wasn’t upset with her being a dog, but she so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter