Of Mint Soap and Grilled Cheese

Cat and Dog
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cats aren't really ones for water. Chen, however, enjoyed his morning showers. It was one of the few times he was able be alone from the pesky Wendy. Today’s shower was a bit late. He usually showered in the early morning while Joonmyeon was home so Wendy didn’t bother him, but he woke up when Joonmyeon was just about to leave.

Lathering the soap into his loofa, he heard the creak. He was just gonna ignore it, hoping that his housemate was just passing the bathroom to get a toy but then he heard it again. And again. And again. And once more. Then it stopped for a moment.

Then he heard singing. Joonmyeon didn’t sing that high and sweetly. Chen continued to later his body to the song, realizing that Wendy was probably the voice he was hearing.

At least she’s not bothering me, he thought. He washed the suds off and pushed his wet hair back on his hand, standing there for a moment.

The song stopped and there was the creak. Chen let out a sigh and opened the curtain, wondering if he ever did any wrong deeds in his past life. He grabbed his towel and dried his hair before taking out his earplugs. He dried his best to dry his tail off, making a face. He never really liked this part, it felt so weird to have his fur being forced into a weird direction it didn’t lay.

He heard another creak and sighed. He looked at the shelf in the shower that belonged to Wendy. He wrapped his towel around his waist and tried to look at what kind of shampoo Wendy used as he neared the door. Unable to make out the weird print, he let his curiosity pass and opened the door.

Wendy was just about to knock when she saw Chen’s torso. She looked up at Chen with a grin, “Good morning Chen!” Her tail was wagging happily and her ears were standing tall; her left one was growing in to match the right one.

“What do you want?” he asked, wanting the puppy to move.

“I just wanted... to...” Wendy’s brows scrunched as she stopped to take a sniff. She moved her head a bit closer to Chen and took another sniff. “What is that smell?”

Chen blinked, a bit taken back by her sudden mood change. “My soap?”

Wendy leaned even closer to Chen, sniffing rather close towards his neck. What is she doing? he thought, a bit frigid. And why can’t I push her away? He felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand stiff.

She placed her hand on his chest to help herself from falling into Chen, moving her nose closer, unable to stop smelling the strong minty smell, “It smells... really nice...” she mumbled as she pressed her nose right on his skin, her tail wagging high in a steady beat.

Chen gulped at the intimate position he was in. His tail was sticking up straight in caution as his ears laid flat on his head. He didn’t know what got into Wendy, but he was pretty positive that she could bite his neck and do away with him now if she wanted.

Then he breathed in the scent of her hair. Coconuts, he wondered; believing it was a bit unexpected. He thought she was more into the scent of rose and lavender, then he thought if she picked out her shampoo or if Joonmyeon gave it to her.

As he took less noticeable sniffs, Wendy pushed herself further into Chen’s neck, brushing her lips against his skin and --

He pushed her away from him. Not enough to make her stumble but enough to make her stop. She blinked rapidly; the spell broken. She couldn’t understand why she did what she did, but Wendy wanted more. She looked at Chen, whose face was red.

Interpreting that he was mad about what she did, she quickly apologized for her actions, her ears lying flat on her head, her tail low, and looking down on the floor, tapping her fingers against each other.

Chen cleared his throat and tried to steady his voice, unsure if Wendy knew what she was doing, “What do you want?”

Wendy’s ears raised a bit and she sheepishly smiled, “I wanted to make food.”

“You know how use a microwave,” he replied.

“I wanted to make a grilled cheese!” she excitedly announced, unsure if Chen was willing to teach her.

Chen raised his brow and moved her to the side so he can dress, “Then go make one.”

He swore there were stars in her eyes as she excitedly left down the stairs and into the kitchen.

🐱 🐶

    It wasn’t too long, maybe twenty minutes when he went down stairs. He decided that maybe he should look to see if the kitchen was a major mess but he was pleasantly surprised to see that the kitchen has practically cleaned. Wendy was sitting at the table, munching on her perfectly grilled cheese.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter