Of Splashing Bass and Aphrodite's Unavailablity

Cat and Dog
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joonmyeon stared at Irene, who was super engrossed into her book. Wanting her attention, Joonmyeon scooted closer to Irene until he was pressed right next to her; which she then leaned into his shoulder, making herself comfortable. Deeming it unsatisfactory, he started to poke her, first in her arm, then her face. When she lightly smacked him away, he put his other hand on her stomach.
Watching her react with an arched back and sudden stillness, he kept his hand on the outside of her shirt, as he took the book out of her hands and pulled her back into his chest, balling round her and squeezing her.
Laughing at his attempts, Irene patted his head and looked up at him, “What do you want?”
“I want the stare into the eyes of a goddess,” Joonmyeon tried to sway, rubbing his finger down her neck.
“I don’t think Aphrodite is available,” Irene joked as she stuck her tongue out, giggling to herself.
“You’re right, she’s too busy reading some book when she should be paying attention to me,” he threw the book on the table and pulled her to him even more.
Irene couldn’t stop grinning, “Okay, so you have my attention. Why does the peasant want?”
“How about your hand in mine?” He opened his hand and watched as she weaved her fingers between his and looked back at him.
“And now what?”
“How about you come over and meet my pets?” Joonmyeon smiled, leaning his cheek on her head, “Your hand looks pretty wrapped around mine.”
“I can think of another place my hand will look good wrapped around.”
It took Joonmyeon a second to realize what she was inferring, before blushing. “You know… you have a way with words.”
“So, I’ve been told,” she laughed at Joonmyeon’s expression before she sat up and faced the man, attaching their hands to each other again. “However, you have a way with making me really attracted to you.”
“Oh? What do I do that makes you really attracted to me?” Joonmyeon asked, wanting to hear her thoughts.
“I think your super attractive when you’re working,” she grinned, blushing, “And when your sweaty from a work out… when you’re a bit jealous.”
“I don’t get jealous.”
“You got jealous of some teenagers checking me out.”
“No, I wasn’t jealous, I was irritated that they were checking you out like you were a piece of meat they can get easy. They don’t know my struggles I had.”
“How about the time when the waiter gave me his number?”
Unable to answer, Joonmyeon tried to turn the conversation around, “Yeah… well… you got jealous when that sales lady was checking me out.”
“That’s because you didn’t shrug her hand off your shoulder!”
“And how about those two moms who both offered me a good time?”
    “Okay, to be fair, they were models and your patients,” she pouted. “And when I asked if you took their offer, you paused; like you regretted saying no.”
“Why would I regret saying no when my girlfriend is a model?”
Irene paused at the comment, a few thousand thoughts going through her head. Joonmyeon realized she was taking too long to banter back, and his face showed worriment as he held her face in his hands. “Irene?”
“What did you call me?” she squeaked.
“A model,” he explained, “because you’re beautiful and can easily model for any product.”
It took another second before she said, “No… before that.”
“My girlfriend…” he let roll off his tongue.
Her expression changed to a look of awe; preventing a smile from appearing, “You… when did you start thinking of me like that?”
“Since I kissed you on the cheek.”
Blushing, Irene bit her bottom lip, however the smile came out anyways. It was a moment of pure happiness followed by Joonmyeon placed his finger under her chin, wanting her to look at him, “Do you… want to be my girlfriend? We can go steady, and make it official… You can make sappy Facebook statuses and I’ll fend off everyone at the hospital.”
Instead of answering, Irene pulled Joonmyeon’s face towards him and kissed him, planting a quick peck on his lips. Both were surprised by her reaction, and she replied with stutters that she’s thought of him as her boyfriend since their second date, and yes, she wants to be his girlfriend.
Finding the courage, the man pulled Irene by the waist closer to him, and whispered into her ear, “I hope you know you’re really special to me.” When he pulled away, he brushed some of her hair out of the way before gently pressing his lips against hers, closing his eyes.
Irene followed and kissed him back, placing her hands on his arms. It was many seconds of innocent first kissing before he pulled away, only to quickly push back in to lay soft pecks on her lips.
When he finally pulled away, Irene felt dizzy and had a stupid smile on her face. “You… kiss really good.”

🐱 🐶

They didn’t make it a big deal when people found out that, yes, they were officially girlfriend and boyfriend. At the same time, they were a tiny bit disappointed that their co-workers didn’t make it a huge deal either. After a few days of basking in their new label, Irene made the big jump and asked if her boyfriend (she always enjoyed the shivers that came with it) wanted to go to a local café on their lunch break; and of course, he said yes.
So, they found themselves, holding hands and trying to be as close to each other as possible because winter was coming soon; the sky was turning gray and the air was getting annoyingly nippy. When they entered the cozy warm café, Irene instantly recognized a handful of coworkers; causing her to make a face as the two approached the line and read the chalkboard style menu, standing behind a tall man.
Joonmyeon hummed at the fancy coffee selections and hummed, “What do you feel like, Rene? I think that cheese platter with a drip expresso sounds simple.”
Humming, Irene shrugged as she felt Joonmyeon’s arm wrap around her waist, “Maybe I should be different and try their daily special? A cherry mocha with wrap?”
Joonmyeon hummed and rested his cheek on her head, “You don’t usually like flavored coffee…”
“I guess you can say I feel inspired to try something new,” Irene hummed as she welcomed the doctor’s warmth. “Even though coffee is technically bad your teeth…”
She could feel the man roll his eyes and as he kept her close, not caring that the order ahead was taking forever, “So how about this Sunday you come over and meet my pets?”
    “Well… doesn’t the one already hate me?”
    “Chen doesn’t… hate you… more like extremely suspicious but I think that’s more the cat in him than anything… and they don’t know we’re dating… because I haven’t told them…”
    Irene’s expres

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter