Surprise

Whenever Inspiration Hits

"Hyung." Go away, I'm trying to sleep.

"Hyung..." Oh my gosh, go awaaayyy!

"Honey, it's time to wake up." Noooo, I want to sleeeep.

"Honeeey~ Wakey wakey eggs and bacey..."  Liar, I don't smell and eggs and bacon.

"HYUNG!! WAKE THE UP!!!! DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS??!!" What the hell!!

"Waaht the hell Jungkook!! Can't you see I am trying to sleep?!" I sit up in my oh-so-comfy bed and glare at the evil boy in front of me.

Jungook just grins and giggles, runnig out the room.

"Hyung, it's time to get up! I have a surprise for you!" Taehyung mumbles begrudendly and rises out of bed, veery sloowly.

Stupid Jungkook, why is he waking me up this ungodly hour of...

I look over to my nightstand to see the time and my eyes just about pop out of my head.

IM GONNA KILL HIM!!

---------------------
"KIM ING JUNGKOOK!" I storm down the stairs, my footsteps echoing throughout the small house," WHO THE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, WAKING ME UP AT 2:00 IN THE ING MORNING?! ARE YOU CRAZY?! DO YOU WANT TO D-woah..." Standing in the middle of the living room, Jungkook and two people I have never seen before are (or were) talking. 

On the sofa were two baby baskets.

My jaw drops open in shock and I look over to Jungkook to see him face palming, and the two people (a man and a woman) looking at me shocked. The man had the woman tucked safely in his arms, seemingly trying to protect her from the man standing dumbly on the stairs. 

What day is it today? Is today Saturday? THE Satuday? It's BABY DAY?! They weren't supposed to come until later!

"Mister Kim. I understand you said that your husband was a tad bit eccentric, but I don't think I can allow my children to be raised in the presence of this kind of behavior." The unknown man turned to my hubby, who still had a hand covering his face. 

"I am terribly sorry for my husbands behavior, Mr. Choi. He's not a morning person. And you've come so early! We weren't expecting you to come until twelve like you had said." He turns and beckons me over, and I walk slowly, trying to regain some of the couples trust. 

"I'm sorry for my behavior, Mr. Choi. I wasn't expecting anyone else to be here." I say, sheepishly rubbing the back of my neck. Mrs. Choi nods happily and pushes her husbands arms from around her.

"It's fine, really. Minho here also isn't a morning person." Mrs. Choi pats her husbands shoulder affectionately. Mr. Choi grunts.

"And about us showing up so early, I'm sorry about that, we fully intended to come on the set time, but, with the things are right now... there was a kidnapping and gunshots and we just didn't want to wait there any longer than we needed to." She sniffs and Jungkook gasps and covers his mouth with a hand, eyes going wide. 

"Oh my gosh, that's terrible!" He rushes over and gently takes the woman by her shoulders and leads her over to the sofa, whispering soft words and asking her if she needed anything to drink.

"Women, right?" The man beside me snorts and I shoot him an offended look.

"Excah-uuse me, mister, but my Kookie is very manly." He looks at me panicked.

"I-I i d-didn't mean, I mean-" I stop the poor soul with a good hearted chuckle and a slap on the back.

"Chill man, I'm messing with you." He chuckles wearily.

"Taehyung, can you go get Mrs. Choi some water?" Jungkook calls from the sofa and I nod.

"Sure babe. Be right back." I go and come back, handing the glass to the lady. 

A whine comes from one of the baby baskets.

I walk over and peek in.

And oh my gosh I think my heart just burst a little at the cuteness the little being was emitting. 

And the poor thing was crying

Wasting no time, I scoop the little person from the basket, cooing in the universal baby language.

"Omo, you are sooo cute, yesh you are, yesh you are! Jungkook, look how cute they are!" I continue assaulting the baby with my nose, rubbing it into the baby's tummy and face, causing it to emit the most adorable giggles ever.

"They're twins." I turn to Mr. Choi, who is looking fondly at the babies. I look at him while the baby reaches for my nose.

"What are their names?" Jungkook asks. Mr. Choi picks up the other baby wrapped in pink.

"This is Eunjin. She's younger by five minutes. And the one you've got Mr. Kim, is Kyungjun." Mrs. Choi walks over to her husband and looks lovingly at her child.

"You'll take care of them well, right?" She sniffs, looking on the verge of tears again. Jungkook goes over and rubs her shoulders reassuringly.

"We'll take care of them to the best of our ability. They're in good hands Mrs. Choi." She sniffs and nods hiding her face in her husbands shoulder. 

An idea pops into my head.

"Would you like a picture with them?" Mr. Choi looks at me in shock. Then with tears eyes, he nods his head.

"Oh could we really? That would be amazing!" I nod and hand the baby in my arms to the woman. I rush up the stairs to grab Jungkook's Polaroid camera and come back down.

"I was thinking, that it would be nice to have a picture for the kids when they grow up, you know, so when they're old enough to understand, they could see that you didn't just abandon them here and that you really loved them. We could put it in a locket or something. And you can have a picture to carry around everywhere." The couple shoots me teary smiles.

I smile and bring the camera up. 

"Say cheese!"

-----------------------------------------
"Remember, you can visit whenever you can. They're still your children. I would hate to take you permanently out of there lives. Have a safe trip to America. Don't think about paying us back, you've already given us your children. I hope your procedure runs smoothly and that Dr. Hornbuckle is as good as they say in the Internet. I wish for you only the best of fortune!" Jungkook yells out at the retreating couple.

We wave at the doorway until they walk out of site.

"It's sad they can't take care of their kids. They seem like they would've been great parents..." I mumble, sort of feeling bad that we took two peoples kids.

"Yeah, but they couldn't provide for them and they knew that. At least they didn't leave them in a dumpster in some random city and are actually thinking about their well being." I wrap my arms around Jungkook's waist.

"It's also sad that Mrs. Choi has manic depressive disorder. I hope she gets the help she needs." I nod and snuggle into his neck, as he maneuvers to close the door. 

"It's nice that she let us keep her kids though. When we offered, I was afraid she would turn us down. Not everyone is willing to give their kids up, especially to a homoual couple." I just continue nodding, as we waddle upstairs, me still wrapped around his waist, and pass up the baby room we set up were the babies were sleeping in their cribs.

"You gotta respect their proffesionalness though." I nod again as we plop down onto our bed.

"I mean, they didn't even mention you going through the whole exchange in only your boxers." 



Hey! So yeah, this is the next one-shot. I had just finished watching Modern Family and I just had to write this! I know there are people who 'donate' their children to homoual couples and all I can say is "Bless your souls" because it must be damn hard parting with your child that you know you can't provide for. 

Hope you enjoyed! The next Drabble will be up in hopefully a couple days....