The Farmer's Fruits

Whenever Inspiration Hits

Talking, slightly erted fruits…..that is all I will say.


 

Taehyung the Strawberry was in a very interesting predicament.

 

You see...yesterday, the local farmer decided that it was high time to crank out his next jam product and went and picked out the scrumptious fruits from his delicious garden. The farmer, Kim Seokjin, dearly loved all of his produce, and especially took care of Taehyung's stalk. Always talking to him and adding extra meal to his soil.

 

Taehyung was special.

 

He was all red, and plump and juicy and just looked overall, absolutely scrumptious.  

 

But a farmer’s gotta do what a farmer’s gotta do.

 

So when the day came for him to pick the red fruits of heaven, he quietly mourned the fact he would be losing his precious.

 

“Farmer Seokjin? What are you doing? Are we going on a field trip?” A wonderfully naive Taehyung questioned as he was put gingerly in the basket. Seokjin kept quiet, fearing if he spoke, he wouldn't be able to go through with it.

 

But he needs the money. Farming isn't a very profitable career, let him tell you.

 

“Farmer Seokjin?” Taehyung had a sense of foreboding, and the way his dear, loving, caring Farmer Seokjin was ignoring him just intensified it.

 

What is going to happen?

 

Seokjin slides open the screen door leading from the backyard into the house and proceeds slowly to the kitchen. Baskets of various fruits littered the counters and he sets the basket of the freshly picked strawberries amongst them. He takes his straw wide-brimmed hat off and slides the sunglasses off of his face, slipping off his garnering gloves, too.

 

He goes to wash his hands in the sink, trying not to think about the innocent lives he was getting ready to take, but when he turns around as he was wiping his hands on a towel, he sees five pairs of wide, round eyes peering at him from above the rims of five baskets.

 

“Oh, don't look at me like that. You knew this day was going to come sooner or later.” He sighs exasperatedly, trying not to let it show how much this affected him also.

 

Yoongi the Dragon Fruit rolls his eyes, “Way to be insensitive, Farmer Seokjin.” The farmer pouts, but the Dragonfruit ignores him, opting instead to take in the slightly confused and scared faces of the other fruits.

 

He's heard of all of them, of course, but he's never actually met them before, being stuck to his own stalk and all.

 

Hmm...what poor souls have come in today?

 

Taehyung the Strawberry. Aw, I heard he was one of Farmer’s favorites.

 

Jungkook the banana. Hmph, serves him right. Heard he had an ego out of this garden. All because he was a couple inches longer than the rest. What a douche patootie.

 

Hoseok the Peach. Darn, it's gonna be a shame to see him go. We had some pretty nice conversations. One of the fruits I didn't particularly mind hanging out in front of me.

 

His eyes finally slide to the last basket and he almost s his seeds at the sight of the beauty his eyes have settled on.

 

Oh my...what have we here? Is this the famous Jimin Starfruit I have heard nil to none about? Wow, I'd his stalk any day.  

 

What Yoongi, our dear dear Dragon Fruit, does not realize as he is making his slime lent observations, is that as he was fantasizing about popping the (slightly mortified slightly aroused) Starfruit seeds, he was unconsciously flowering and dusting pollen all over the edge of the basket.

 

Farmer Seokjin and the rest of the fruits look on flabbergasted. They're all snapped out of their disgusted induced trances to Yoongi’s voice.

 

“Ayo, Jimin! ChimChim, Jimothy. Before we embark on this journey to our deaths, how ‘bout a final ‘hoorah’ and come over here so we can pollinate. Eh, whaddaya say, you piece of Star shaped perfection?” He wiggles his leaves suggestively, and through the yellow coloring of his skin, everyone could see the green spread from the top of his head.

 

“Yah!” A hand comes down to smack down on the Dragon Fruits flower, causing it to immediately retract into itself, and for the fruit to yell out in agony.

 

“OW WHAT THE ! ! THAT ING HURTS!”

 

Jungkook the Banana isn't registering the current situation, too busy trying to tap down his own flower at the sight of a scrumptious looking strawberry.

 

Gardamn. His seeds are all out there, does he have no shame?!

 

“Farmer Seokjin! I thought you loved me!” This snaps Jungkook out of his daze and his flower immediately retracts because did he say ‘Farmer’ and ‘Love’ and ‘Him’ in the same sentence?

 

Oh no he didn’t.

 

Jungkook the Banana watched as Farmer Seokjin chews at his lower lip, and takes his hesitance as a challenge to his Fruitulinity.

 

That Strawberry is mine!!

 

------------------------to be continued------------------------


 

Okay okay, idek where this came from I swear!

It just...popped into my head while I was a mile high in the air in

an airplane!

I couldn’t resist…. ‘cause I was bored…..

So yeah, this happened…

Gonna make this a small little series, probs only gonna be two or three parts…

Yaaaay….