Chapter 3 - Call me Oppa

My thoughts, Your memories

Author's note: A short one this time :)


Late December, 2011

Sungmin spend no time in telling Yunho and Hyukjae about the break up. She was shocked to find that they were least surprised, and how they exchanged knowing glances at the news. Seeing the shock on Sungmin’s face Yunho replied with a sigh, ‘We knew it would end this way, the guy was never serious in the first place. He paused, then continued, ‘If you are thinking why I didn’t tell you it’s because I don’t want to be called someone who broke his friend’s relationship.’ Hyukjae nodded his head in agreement. Sungmin was glad that her two friends were with her.

 

‘And one more thing,’ Yunho added, ‘don’t you dare cry in the name of that idiot.’

 

Sungmin chuckled, ‘I already shed a tear, but I’m not planning to add more to it.’

 

It was true, after the initial shock Sungmin was surprised to see she felt no remorse. Moreover she felt relieved, it was as though a nagging headache was gone and she felt free again.

 

Lee Sungmin in her entire 18 years of life had never told a lie. It was a fact as true as sun rises in the east, and for which she was respected among her family and friends. Whatever disputes may rise Sungmin was called to witness, her word was the truth. It was a moral that she abided by her entire life and she had no plans to change it.

 

So when Kangin asked her about her relationship with Siwon, she told the last guy she should have about the break up. But he didn’t pester her again like in the past, to which Sungmin was thankful, little did she know that the guy had other plans for her.

 

Sungmin was walking back to her class when she met a smiling face. ‘Hey there, Sungmin, how you doing? Heechul asked.  Kim Heechul was a sunbae at Sungmin’s college, the same class as Kangin and while Sungmin disliked the other Heechul was someone she liked a lot. The guy knew what to do at all times, he acted as if he didn’t have a care in the world but still had many friends, even the teachers liked him. And when he walked he had this air of confidence around him that Sungmin lacked, and that was one of reasons Sungmin worshipped the guy. But they were mere acquaintances nothing more, so she was surprised when Heechul suddenly greeted her.

 

‘I’m good, Sunbae, what brings you here?’

 

‘Oh, nothing special just felt like talking to you, I want to know more about you, you seem like a good kid’

 

Sungmin beamed at this. Heechul asked, ‘You wouldn’t mind if I call you tonight, would you?’

 

‘No, not at all Sunbae’

 

‘That’s nice,’ he said leaving, ‘and Sungmin’

 

‘Yes?’

 

‘Call me oppa, I like it that way’