Return to happy days?

My thoughts, Your memories

Author's note: A really short chapter but I would be updating another one close by so bear it for now. I would really appreciate your comments, so please do comment. I hope you like the chapter


Heechul called the next day and apologized for his deed. He kept saying how he wasn’t in the right state of mind and said sorry repeatedly. Sungmin forgave him but she had made up her mind about one thing and made it clear to Heechul. Her classmates mean a lot to her and if they don’t want her to be seen so much with Heechul then so be it. She wasn’t breaking up their friendship or anything but decided to maintain a respectable distance with the guy. It was for her good.

 

Days passed by and Sungmin could feel the rumors starting to die down. Though her class hadn’t accepted her as much they did earlier she was slowing getting there. Sungmin also did a makeover. Back in the past a haircut had always helped her clear things. She couldn’t really describe how it helped her but changing her hair gave her a new start. This time she went for quite the change and cut her hair short (like f(x)’s Amber). Though many people didn’t like the sudden change some said it was cool, but the main thing was, Sungmin felt confident in it.

 

Tiffany and Donghae adored the new look. Tiffany would say how she looked really cool in that. Sometimes out of their request she dressed up in boy’s clothes. It was really comfortable to wear and Sungmin started dressing more that way.  Well.. it caused quite a bit of  funny problems.

 

She was walking through the class when suddenly someone s their hand across her shoulder and pulled her to him. Sungmin was about to scream when the other person who turned out to be Yunho swiftly drew back.

 

‘Ya, I told you not to wear these clothes, you really look like a boy from behind, I almost hugged you,’ Yunho started scolding her but she could see the smile behind his enraged face. Sungmin laughed as Yunho walked off ruffling her hair.

 

The other day Key came and casually swung his arm over her shoulder while Taejoon (another classmate) came upon the other side and did the same. And they started to walk as if nothing happened.

‘Really you guys…’ Sungmin sighed, but she was hiding her smile, she knew they were just having fun.

‘Oh Min, it’s you, sorry we didn’t know’

‘Why do I get the feeling you guys are making this an excuse to swing your arms on my shoulder?’

‘Oh come on Min, we really didn’t know. By the way why would we wanna do that to a boy?’

‘Key’s right Min, there are lots of ‘girls’ out there you know’

‘You two, you really will get it from me’. Sungmin spent the break chasing them round the corridor. Back in class Sungmin could feel a smile creeping upon her face. This was what she missed and slowly getting back. Goofing around her friends, playing with them, chasing each other on the corridors, getting scolded by the teachers, how could she have given all this away to be with someone she didn’t even love?

 

Sungmin looked up to see some of the guys approaching her. Siwon was in the front smiling mischievously. Why do I get the feeling they are up to no good?

 

“You know Min, let’s style you hair.” Sungmin gulped. After her haircut she realized that the guys really liked playing with it. They would often ruffle it up or pet on it like they would do on a puppy. It was their way of showing how they adored Sungmin so she let them. But sometimes they had really weird ideas in mind like this one.

 

Why don’t we try on the ‘spike’ style? Like that football player Neymar, what do you think?

 

‘Guys, you do know that class would start in 5 minutes right?’

 

‘Yeah we do’

 

‘And if the teacher saw me sporting a spike, she would probable send me out of the class or put me in detention right?’

 

‘We know that too’

 

‘Ya Donghae hold her arms we are going to spike her hair’

 

Sungmin tried to run but the combined strength of Donghae, Siwon, and a few others were no match for her. Even Kyuhyun had come up to join the fun. Finally Sungmin gave up and let them do their thing.

 

They were all laughing while playing with her hair. ‘How does this look?’ ‘Ya that’s not good let’s try this’

‘Let me try’ ‘Go away I want to do it’ ‘That’s not fair I want to try too’

 

‘Glad to see you guys are having fun’, Sungmin muttered sarcastically. They just laughed in response.

 

‘What’s going on in there?’ Everyone froze hearing the teacher’s voice. In a minute everyone had scrambled back to her seats while Sungmin was left wrestling with her hair to smooth it down.

 

The teacher gave her a weird look and shook her head, but let it go. Sungmin turned to Donghae who was snickering nearby. ‘God, I hate you guys’

 

‘We love you too ‘Spiky’ Minnie’

 

.