Chapter 12: Will she really be fine?

My thoughts, Your memories

Author's note: Sorry for the month long absence. This is a really really short update. But I promise I'll follow it with a longer one by next week. 

No, no, no… just NO

 

This can’t be happening now, not this time.. everything was returning back to normal

Lee Sungmin in her 18 years of life had read too many romantic novels to not know what was happening to her. She was having a crush, or at least something close to that. And the fact that it was towards Cho Kyuhyun was enough to send Sungmin into panic mode. Just when she was building up her friendship, this had to happen.

 

Sungmin thought back to what her mother had said when Kangin’s case was brought up. One thing she learned from that was how her family thought about her marriage and things like that. She came to know what kind of boys her family would accept and the scenario was not looking up for her,

 

Sungmin’s family was one of the richest in town, her grandparents being highly influential people and respected by many while Kyuhyun’s family was poor to say the least. As far as she knew nobody in his family had a steady job and he was easily the most educated person in his family. There was no way her family would allow her to marry him.

 

Now many would be wondering why Sungmin is thinking about marriage when they haven’t even dated yet. Well, Sungmin had enough of scandals and things like that. She didn’t want to just date another person and get into trouble more. She couldn’t break her mother’s trust in her and do something like that again.

 

That’s it. Sungmin decided. Let’s just forget about all this and continue like nothing happened. It’s just a crush, it would fade out eventually and it’s not like Kyuhyun would like her anyways.

 

She told about her crush to one person she knew would understand, Lee Donghae.

 

“What are you going to do about it, Min?”

 

“Nothing”

 

“Nothing?”

 

“It’s not like there is anything I can do Hae,” She then proceeded to explain the stuff about their families and all.

 

“Oh, I see. Well, what about your ‘get to know more about Cho Kyuhyun thing’?”

 

“Oh, I’m continuing that. I still want to know more about him. I can’t be his girl friend, maybe then I’ll be his best friend, I think he needs”

 

“I hope you are doing the right thing Min, I don’t want to see you hurt in the end.”

 

“Don’t worry Hae, I’ll be fine”