Boyfriend & Husband

Crusty Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Crusty Love

Distance is a test of love. Many will fail for those who can’t withstand it,

But for those who can, there is only one answer.

“True Love”

~Unknown

 

Chapter 6: Boyfriend & Husband

 

“Sooyeon, did you feed Luhan dinner yet?” Mrs. Lee who currently stayed at Xi’s home, screamed out loudly when she saw her little son sobbed, sitting on the sofa as Mr. Forever alone. Luhan had an innocent baby face, putting his face on the sofa arm and waiting for Jessica completed her lesson. He didn’t let anyone beside her to do all his own stuffs or maybe Sica was already his official maid.

“I’m coming..” Jessica replied tiredly since Luhan stupefied her for all day to do this and that without stopping even for a minute. She left her book on the desk, stumped to the kitchen and brought his dinner to the living room.

Luhan stared at her with a smile on his face, moving himself to sit probably on the sofa and waiting for her as a pet waited for its master to give it a food.

Jessica placed the food on the table and took a seat next to him before she spooned the rice with food for feeding him. Luhan grinned happily as opened his mouth to accept her feed.

Staring at the kid Luhan, sometimes Sica felt annoyed if he had no arms to do anything by his own. She needed to do all his live every minute. She seriously wished he would have returned to be normal soon. She was sick enough for everything she had to face. One, she had to look after him and two she had no right to follow her crush anymore. Reminding her memory in the noon, she almost quit her breathe for being enough sadness in her chest. The way he had looked at her, it had annoyed her.

Flashback

“I’m married..”

“with who?” the dry smile was showed up as the tall man almost couldn’t accept what he just heard.

“Luhan… I meant.. It’s accidence..” Jessica shook her lip scarily for continuing her sentence, her fingers were walking around her marriage ring in another finger and letting Kris rolled his eyes to see it.

Slowly, his straightway and undesirable reaction on his face showed up and he stood straightly as a tree. In the moment, he was mute for a few minutes, leaving his overthink working in his brain messily.

“I’m not dare enough to ask you to wait for me but…” Sica began to continue her word but Kris interrupted it, instead of a huge laugh on his face before saying another word.

“Stupid… You are joking right..?”

“No Kris all I meant…”

“Quit your joke… I’m laughing now for god’s sake. Marriage? Haha… What a joke! You lost for a week and came back with the word marriage to me? Or maybe you want to make me more interested in you..  ”  Although he was laughing, it was the hidden sign of his broken heart. He decided to pretend as he heard nothing. What a stupid mood! Who could accept this? It was so sudden that he had decided to confess her; yet, she was telling him if she had married to his friend.

“No Kris.. I’m serious… please listen to my reason..” Jessica tried to hold his hand but she got rejected. Her crush just threw her hand away and faced to her with an evil smirk.

“Don’t touch me… You stay here… STAY HERE TILL I CAN ACCEPT IT….” He walked out for a few steps and returned his look back with leaving another word “AND DON’T TRY TO FOLLOW ME NOW… PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE….” his anger was burning as she thought.

Jessica whom was standing there alone, letting her tears out while she was watching how he was leaving.

“……….” She wanted to release a hard word from but she just ended up with a sob.

………………………

Back to the present

“Noona… I am enough…” said Luhan, Jessica awaked from her flashback memory. She focused on the little kid Luhan back with a smile.

“I’m taking you some milk..” she took all empty bowls and plates on the table to the kitchen and came back to her little kid with a glass of milk.

Luhan kept grinning innocently and accepted her milk from her hand to drink.

“All…” he wiped his mouth and placed the empty glass on the table before took a hand of her for dragging out of the room in a hurry.

“Noona… You promised me to read the story for my sleep tonight.” said he with an innocent voice and entered the room for hurriedly finding some books of kindergarteners which they had bought in the evening together on the bookcase. Luhan’s bookcase was really huge as the school's bookcase too. There were many kinds of books such as business, entrepreneurship, mathematic, literature, famous people’s quotes and more since he had been a book addict for over ten years. However, this Luhan became a brat whom loved hearing to a kid’s story and the other books in his bookcase became useless for now. He didn’t even understand; moreover, he had complained his mother to throw them away for making his room’s free space but it had been refused.

“Here snow white story… I want to hear it tonight… please please noona..” Luhan picked up a snow white book among the others, showing Sica cheerfully.

“Okay Okay… I will read for you to night..” Soon, her phone was called by Tiff. Jessica asked Luhan for a few minutes to get a chat with her friend and then she went to the porch to talk.

/Jessie… where are you now?/ said Tiff from the phone.

“I’m at home.. why?”

/Hey I need a serious meet with you now… Come to the park in our school neighbor../

“Right now? But I’m bu-” she looked at Luhan a little bit, planning to reject her friend.

/No busy in this time. It’s just 8 am.. Don’t tell me if you sleep. I’m waiting for you here… bye/ and then she hung off immediately.

“Hey… Hey?” Jessica frowned at the phone curiously.

Finally she decided to leave Luhan alone but she also promised to come back soon after her chat was finished.

Along the night street in the school neighbor, Jessica was walking slowly while she was waiting for Tiffany’s call. Her friend hadn’t appeared yet, only leaving her to wait on the park alone. Jessica rolled her eyes as kept looking at the watch on her wrist to see the time pass by. She considered if she left Luhan so long. 10 minutes later, she still couldn’t contact Tiffany. Therefore, she chose to leave first. Maybe she was fooled by her friend, she thought. She secretly cursed her in her mind while she was on the way back to home. Immediately, her body was grabbed in to the unknown’s embrace, a guy whom just appeared at the back. She almost screamed out for being shock but that similar manly voice which was closed to her ear calmed her down.

“Give me a few minutes to stay like this.” he said softly, moving to hug her stomach instead.

“Kris…” she whispered to herself weirdly and turned back to him.

It was really him. Was she dreaming or what? Kris suddenly showed up with his weird action as hugging her?

“Yes, it’s me… I’m ready to hear your explanation now..” his glare was gentle, unlike the other normal day. No wonder it was unbelievable to her. Maybe this guy was a fake Kris or alien? She thought.

“But Kris… Why are you here????”

“I requested Tiffany to call you out..” said he and continued “I told you to wait over there for my decision but you left.” He let her body free out of his hug, stopping to give her a serious glare.

“I thought you wouldn’t come back…” she bit her low lip nervously.

“You supposed if I would choose my price over you.” His forehead was sweating and his eyes were red for being too considerate in their chat.

“Kris…” she said his name softly.

“And now tell me your reason. I don’t want to regret it later. I gonna take a risk once for my heart to trust all what you will say...” he held her hand tightly and Jessica began sobbing. She never thought if it could happen in her real life. That was so dramatic like a drama in KBS, she usually watched. Kris made his move to her and he didn’t care of anything. It was like a dream.

…………………

The two couple took their sit on the grass of the park, staying in dark which was almost unseen. Jessica told the tall man the whole story which had been happened between her and Luhan. Kris stayed in emotionless as he only kept silent during their conversation.

The weather was colder. He gently took out his coat from his body to cover her but still kept silent. Jessica accepted his kindness, feeling a little scared for his mute.

A few minute passed, he finally said something in a calmed tone but it wasn’t his idea about Luhan.

“You know Sooyeon?” he tried to avoid her eyes.

“………….” And Jessica was silent and waited for his respond.

“I was about to lovesick because of missing you. It seemed I wasted my time and many chances to be with you because of my stubbornness. During the time you lost, I truly missed you so dead..” he rolled his eyes nervously and continued another word with eyeing on her.

“I missed the chance we could be together because I didn’t wait for your reason.. I’m shame of myself.. I can’t admit if I like you or whatever since I didn’t trust you. I’m really scared if some stories in the past when you had rejected me happened again.”

“…………..”

“For a week you lost, I told myself not to let you go again when I found you. Still I didn’t give you a quick respond. All afternoon, I kept thinking if I would give up on you. However I couldn’t do it.. I’m really hurt. I don’t want to regret it, really really really…” he stared at her for once.

“Kris…” Jessica replied his look cheerfully. His word emotionalized her till letting her soft tear out.

“Say nothing… I need your smile only..” he wiped her tear, replying her his gentle smile and continued..

“Would you be my girlfriend, Miss. Jung Sooyeon ._.?” his ears got red for being shy when he said that sentence. Jessica didn’t even move he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter