Broken

Evanesce

Jung Taekwoon left the hotel with only one objective. Hailing a cab, he gave directions to his neighborhood and settled into the back seat. Soon he would be beside Hakyeon again, but first he intended to buy him an abundance of gifts. Before dawn, he was determined to finally tell Hakyeon the one thing he never had and the one thing Hakyeon deserved to hear most of all.

It took far too long for his liking to get to his destination. Giving a long look toward the apartment complex, he crossed the street to the small shop that never seemed to close. Smiling, Taekwoon surveyed all the beautiful things inside, sure his lover would adore all of them. Not wanting to rush his choice, he still remained impatient as he  inspected each item carefully.

At long last, he picked out his purchases and headed home, arms full of roses and a stuffed bunny, a small, velveteen box in his pocket. Taking a deep breath, he steadied his nerves and began his walk home. In a matter of moments, he would face his fears and finally take the next step with his relationship. For Hakyeon's sake, he was ready to do anything.

Entering the apartment quietly, he crept toward the bedroom, not wishing to wake up their guest. What he was about to do had been stressing him out enough without an audience, especially considering that audience wanted nothing more than to steal his boyfriend. Halfway through the living room he paused, looking over at the empty couch in the semi darkness. Mind working overtime, he entered the bedroom, flipping on the light.

~~~

Cha Hakyeon woke up to a loud slamming noise. Disoriented and still fairly asleep, he sat up in confusion. Strong arms wrapped around him protectively and he felt terror begin to bloom inside of him. 

"..." Wonshik groaned and, before Hakyeon could get his barings, he was being dragged out of bed by his wrist, shoulder screaming in sudden pain.

"What the , Hakyeon?" A familiar voice growled in his ear. Turning, he looked up at Taekwoon, his heart stopping a moment as he realized that both himself and Wonshik were completely , hair still damp from their post shower. Immensely aware of the marks that adorned their skin, he knew there was no denying what they had done.

"O-ow... Taek, that hurts..." Holding back tears, he stood, motionless, with his wrist still in Taekwoon's tight grip. Heart pounding, he was too frightend to look away from his boyfriend.

"Let him go, Taekwoon." Wonshik sounded close but the redhead couldn't bring himself to look his way, the look of rage and hurt on his lover's face keeping him on edge. A gentle hand took his free hand, lacing their fingers together.

"Get out of my house, Wonshik..." Holding eye contact with the tan man, Taekwoon seethed, his entire being dripping hate like venom.

"I'm not leaving him alone with you like this..." The blonde squeezed his hand gently, providing Hakyeon with enough reassurance to keep his heart from exploding in his chest. "I will not let you hurt him."

"I never said I would." Turning toward their guest, Taekwoon sneered, his grip on Hakyeon's wrist getting rougher. Without meaning to, a whimper of pain escaped his lips.

"You are right now." Sighing, Wonshik began to pry the black haired man's hand from Hakyeon and he found himself behind the blonde, a long shirt into his hands. "Your silence has been hurting him every single time he's said he loved you since the day you stole him from me. If I had known you'd treat him so horribly then I would have never stepped back like I had. He deserves better, you and I both know that."

"Fine. Get dressed and take that with you." As Taekwoon turned away from them Hakyeon felt his knees grown weak. A sound like rushing water filled his head and the world seemed to tilt and spin around him. All that kept him on his feet were Wonshik's arms.

~~~

"Don't you dare call him that!" Shouting, Kim Wonshik felt anger rising up in his chest as he gently lowered Hakyeon to the bed. "He has done nothing but give you his all for five years and he finally breaks and you have the nerve to call him that? Maybe you should have told him he meant more to you than a glorified blow up doll, you stupid piece of ." Pulling on his pants, he then began to help Hakyeon dress, making sure he had the warmest clothes on so his cold wouldn't get worse out in the icy temperature.

"Taekwoon..." Hakyeon's meek sob ripped at his chest and Wonsik paused a moment to hold the beautiful man against his chest.

"It'll be okay. You'll be okay." his soft, red hair, he tried to calm the man he loved.

"Get him out of here..." Defeat evident in Taekwoon's suddenly hallow voice, the other man went into the bathroom, slamming the door behind him. Moments later, the sound of shattering glass filled the air, causing Hakyeon to jump and let out a strangled scream.

"I've got you. It's okay. I'm here." Tryinging to maintain constant contact with Hakyeon, he dressed himself and lifted the heartbroken man into his arms. He wasn't sure where they would go, all he knew was that he would do anything to keep Hakyeon safe.