Alone

Evanesce

Cha Hakyeon cuddled up to his boyfriend in bed, dozing off. Feeling like trash, he wanted nothing more than to sleep in his lover's warm embrace. His own ragged breathing rattled his chest and he whined softly.

"I'll get the vapor rub to see if it helps." Taekwoon went to slip out of bed and Hakyeon held onto him, not wanting him to leave his side.

"I'll miss you if you go..." He whispered, yawning sleepily. With a heavy sigh from Taekwoon, he felt his dark haired lover curl up against him again.

"Just get some rest, sweetheart." His companion rubbed his back and Hakyeon felt himself starting to drift off again.

"I love you, Taek..." Yawning, he closed his eyes. Waiting for the reply, he received nothing but a small grunt from the other man. Frustrated and more than a little heartbroken, he rolled away from his boyfriend, pretending to sleep.

"Hakyeon..." Feeling Taekwoon's hand on his shoulder, he shrugged it off. Unable to bring himself to forgive the cold way the other man treated his feelings anymore, he was overwhelmed with such a profound exhaustion deep down to his core that he almost wanted nothing more than to sleep and never wake to reality again. Dreams seemed like a much more fullfilling option.dd

~~~

Jung Taekwoon mentally cursed himself as his sick boyfriend moved away from him. Trying to say those words back, he just couldn't get them to come out. Before he could try to soothe his lover any further, his phone rang.

"Yeah?" Questioning whomever had called him, he climbed out of bed. If Hakyeon was going to ignore him, he might as well get the medicine the sick man needed from the bathroom.

"You need to pack a bag and meet me out front in ten minutes." His boss's voice came from the phone speaker. "You need to leave for some business meetings outside of town." Taekwoon paused, thinking about leaving Hakyeon alone with Wonshik.

"I can't, Sir. My... My roommate is sick and I have to keep an eye on him." Biting his lip, he tried to reason with his superior.

"You're coming or you're fired." The voice on the other end of the line growled, hanging up before Taekwoon could reply. Shaking his head, he slipped his phone in his pocket and began to pack his suitcase.

"Oh... You're leaving..." Hakyeon's voice sounded so sad and vulnerable that it cut at his heart.

"I don't have a choice. I'll be back in a few days. Get well. I'll call you to check in." Turning, he looked Hakyeon over. He looked awful and Taekwoon hated the thought of leaving him alone like this. But he wasn't alone, Wonshik was there and maybe that was for the better.

Kissing Hakyeon's forehead, he grabbed his bag and left the room. Grabbing the vapor rub from the bathroom, he went to leave. Stopping beside Wonshik, he shoved the medicine into the blonde's hand.

"You better take care of him." Taekwoon hissed, glaring down the other male. "I'll be back in a few days and if you hurt him or you defile him at all I will kill you." Wonshik didn't even blink at his threat. Holding the glare a moment longer, Taekwoon turned and left the apartment, his heart sinking. Despite trusting Hakyeon, he knew Wonshik too well to trust him. Though, he couldn't blame Hakyeon if he picked the other man...

~~~

Kim Wonshik watched the dark haired man leave the apartment rolled his eyes. Honestly, he was pretty relieved to be alone with his ex again. A part of him wanted to see if their kiss was going to lead to anything else, but the rest of him just wanted the chance to nurse the man he loved back to health.

Slowly, he slipped into the other man's room and approached the bed. The beautiful redhead was curled up in a ball under the blankets. Hearing soft whimpers and cries from the small form, it broke his heart to know someone could be so careless with someone he would give his life for.

"Hakyeon?" Wonshik climbed into the bed and wrapped his arms around the tan man. "What's wrong?"

"I just... Wh-why wont he love me?" Sobbing, the redhead turned to bury his face against Wonshik's chest. "I just want... I want to be loved..."

"Cha Hakyeon, dont you get it?" Wrapping one arm around the other man, Wonshik used his free hand to tilt Hakyeon's face toward his. "The only person I have ever loved is you." Their eyes met and he hesitated for only a moment before he kissed him with all the passion he had been holding on to for the other man in the whole time they had been apart.

"This is wrong..." Hakyeon whispered as he broke away, panting slightly.

"I know..." Was all he could think to say before their lips crashed together yet again. If Taekwoon wasn't going to show Hakyeon his worth then Wonshik had no reason to hold back from doing so himself. Not anymore.