Missed Confession

Evanesce

Kim Wonshik had returned from the store to find Hakyeon and his friend fast asleep. Smiling, he went to the kitchen to start cooking. Depsite the vast improvement in his love's condition, he hadn't wanted to see the poor man vomit again. Leaning against the counter, he watched the ramen slowly cook, hoping Hakyeon would like it.

With a huff of air, he crossed his arms over his chest. His mind had been fairly preoccupied with thoughts of his current love affair that he was almost startled to feel arms wrap around his waist. Burying his face in red hair, he took a deep breath as he wrapped his own arms around the other man.

"Good morning, gorgeous." Kissing the top of Hakyeon's head, he gave him a gentle and affectionate squeeze. "Did you sleep well?"

"Would have slept better next to you." Came a murmured reply against his chest. Running his fingers through the tan man hair,  he closed his eyes, savoring the moment.

"I'm here now." Giving the top of Hakyeon's head another kiss, he sighed. "Dinner's done. Go sit down and I'll get you a bowl. Your friend eating too?"

"I have a name." A voice in the doorway startled the duo, causing them to leap apart. "It's Sir Kenneth Higglebottom the Third."

"That is not your name, Jaehwan." Blushing, Hakyeon went to the table to sit down while Wonshik went to the stove to fill a bowl full of ramen. "Are you staying for dinner?"

"Nah. Gotta get home. Spiderman is on tv tonight." Beaming happily, the strange man crossed the room to kiss Hakyeon's cheek. "I'll see you soon. Call if you need me."

"I will, you nerd." Chuckling lightly, Hakyeon patted Jaehwan's cheek. "Now get out of my house."

"Whatever you say, Princess." Turning to leave, he paused, addressing Wonshik. "Walk me out."

"Yeah. Sure." Mildly nervous, Wonshik placed Hakyeon's food in front of him, stopping long enough to give the tan man a gentle kiss before following the other man out of the kitchen.

"Look." When they reached the front door, Jaehwan turned to face him. "That guy in there... I love him a lot and if you hurt him I will cut you with a frozen sword fish."

"That's a little extreme." Shaking his head, Wonshik leaned against the wall by the door. "Once Taekwoon is back, I'll leave. I know he's the one Hakyeon wants and I'd never make him choose between the two of us."

"You are both really lucky, you know. He loves both of you. And honestly... I'm rooting for you." A slow, sad smile spread across the other man's face. "You know he's amazing, right? If anyone deserves the world, it's Cha Hakyeon."

"I have never known anything more than I know that." Taking a deep breath, Wonshik gazed at the ceiling nervously, not sure how to really voice how he felt about the man. "He loves deeper than anyone else I have ever met. Just being by his side... Sometimes I think "This is enough" and there just isn't anything else I could ever ask for. For as long as I can remember, its always just been him. He's my everything."

~~~

Cha Hakyeon had been listening at the kitchen door when Wonshik admitted his feelings. Tears began to well in his eyes a he fought back a sniffle. How long had he been waiting to hear such things from the man he had spent five years with?

The sound of the front door closing alerted him to he fact that Wonshik would be back by his side in moments. As soon as  the blonde returned to the kitchen Hakyeon wrapped his arms around his neck, kissing him as passionately as he could. Arms encirlced him, lifting him slightly from the floor.

"Are you alright?" Concern was evident in Wonshik's voice as he was lowered to the floor. It took a moment longer than it should have for Hakyon to realize he had began crying.

"I just... Wonshik..." Unsure of what to say, Hakyeon just held tightly onto the other man. "I'm sorry..."

"I dont want you to apologize. You have no reasons for that." Lips brushed across his forehead and he could feel himself beginning to calm again. "I'm here for selfish reasons. I just... I can't let you go again..." Guilt made his heart skip a beat but if he knew anything at all, it was simply that, as much as Taekwoon meant the world to him, Wonshik made him feel alive in ways his boyfriend never had. 

"I love you..." He whispered, gripping Wonshik's hand gently. Leading his blonde love to the bedroom, he wanted nothing more than to forget everything for the moment that wasn't the two of them. If Wonshik was selfish then Hakyeon had no doubt he was as well.

~~~

Jung Taekwoon finally made it back to his hotel room shortly before midnight, relieved to have the business with the client wrapped up a day early. Exhausted, he collapsed to the bed, fishing his cellphone out of his pocket. It always amazed him how badly he missed Hakyeon when he wasn't curled up in his arms. Mind wandering, he thought back on the friction of their past few conversations. Hakyeon had every right to feel angry with him, every right to hate him even, but Taekwoon was trying his hardest.

"I need him..." Whispering to himself, he felt his heart ache. Taking a shakey breath, he dialed the familiar number, not daring to breathe while the other line rang. Going to voicemail, he hung uo and tried again.

"Tae-Taekwoon.?" A panting voice answered after a few rings. Sitting up quickly, he gripped the phone tightly.

"Hakyeon? Baby, are you feeling alright?" Climbing out of bed, he began to pack his suitcase. His boyfriend needed him and if he couldn't tell him the things he needed to hear, the least he could do was support him in every other way he could.

"I-I'm great. Im fine." Breathing still labored, his lover let out a serious of soft whimpers. "W-Wonshik..." The muffled sound of Wonshik's voice made his eye twitch in frustration.

"He better be treating you well. You need a hospital." Taekwoon snapped. Gritting his teeth, he finished backing his bags.

"I'll g-go in tomorrow, Taekwoon." Whining lightly, Hakyeon's condition contiued to worry him. "Im going t-to bed."

"Sleep well, baby. I-" Sighing, Taekwoon sat on the edge of the bed as the line went dead. "Love you... I love you..." Rising to his feet again, he picked up his suitcase and left the room. He'd be home in a matter of hours and he'd make sure Hakyeon got the help he needed.