Grilled Cheese

Evanesce

Cha Hakyeon stayed in bed, cuddling Taekwoon and visiting Wonshik, still trying to grasp the fact that he had made out with his ex boyfriend. The first few times Taekwoon left the room, Hakyeon had felt tense and nervous about being alone with the blonde, but Wonshik had enough mercy to pretend like nothing happened. Chatting about his time in America, Wonshik casually brushed his fingertips over the back of Hakyeon's hand and he found himself relaxing again.

His head hurt and he was exhausted, but he was happy. Sitting up as Taekwoon walked in from the bathroom, he allowed his lover to reclaim his spot behind him. Feeling the bed shift as Taekwoon settled onto the mattress again, he leaned against his chest gently. Dark haired Taekwoon rubbed his back and wrapped his arms around him, resting his chin on his shoulder. This Taekwoon was Hakyeon's favorite, full of love and kindness. All thoughts of his kiss with Ravi had been forgotten.

"Do you need water?" Wonshik asked. Hakyeon almost felt bad about how awkward this must have been for him, but was grateful Wonshik refused to show it.

"I'm fine." Smiling, Hakyeon stretched sleepily. Taekwoon was warm and soft and Wonshik's conversation was so comfortable, he almost couldn't remember the last time he had felt so happy.

"I'll order some soup for dinner." His boyfriend decided and Hakyeon begrudgingly nodded in agreement. Every time he was sick, his boyfriend insisted on feeding him soup. Even if Hakyeon kind of hated the liquid excuse for food, he knew he meant well though, so he never complained and always ate it.

"Wait. Hakyeon. Do you still like grilled cheese sandwiches and popsicles when you're sick?" Wonshik's question sparked interest inside of Hakyeon. That combination was honestly his favorite meal when he didn't feel well. It always had been.

"Yes! I can't believe you remembered!" He felt himself grinning in excitement. "I haven't had a grilled cheese sandwich in over a year!"

"Calm down, Hakyeon. You'll make your condition worse." Taekwoon warned as Hakyeon felt his boyfriend's arms tighten around him. "You're still eating soup. It will help you feel better."

"I'll be back, Hakyeon. I have to run to the store." Getting up quickly, Wonshik left before Hakyeon could ask why. He felt frustration radiating off of Taekwoon but tried to ignore it.

"You get some rest while I order your dinner." Taekwoon suggested as he leaned down to give Hakyeon a gentle kiss. Nodding, he snuggled up close to his boyfriend, allowing sleep to come as he listened to his boyfriend's steady heartbeat. Yet, for some reason, the last face he saw before slumber claimed him was a certain blonde...

~~~

Jung Taekwoon ran his fingers through Hakyeon's hair as he dialed the number for the restaurant down the street. Watching the red head's peaceful expression, he ordered the soup, pausing for a moment before ordering a grilled cheese as well. Hakyeon had seemed so happy at the thought of the sandwich that Taekwoon couldn't let him down. As long as he ate the soup, Taekwoon could feel better about the unhealthy amount of melted cheese.

After he hung up the phone he reflected on his time at home. His boyfriend and Wonshik had been in a compromising position when he came home, though he was sure the whipped cream fight explained that. He was well aware of Hakyeon's love for tackling people while playing, but he had to admit that the way Wonshik kept touching Hakyeon's hand had been getting to him. Not just that, but Hakyeon hadn't even been pushing him away. Sure, he wasn't responding to it, which should have been a relief, but it wasn't one at all. It just felt like Hakyeon was used to the gentle touches from the other man instead of simply being uninterested.

Positive that he had been over reacting, he knew it had been five years since those two had dated. He trusted Hakyeon even if he didn't trust Wonshik. Just, deep down, he wished that he hadn't always wondered why Hakyeon was with him instead of the blonde. What if Hakyeon finally saw that Wonshik was better for him and left Taekwook? There was no doubt that if Hakyeon left he would shatter to dust.

Watching Hakyeon sleep for a bit, he admired the quiet, gentle rise and fall of his chest, his peaceful, beautiful face. When awake, the red head was a sassy, fiery creature that was quick to argue and sometimes even quicker at random acts of mild violence, but when Hakyeon was asleep he was like an innocent child. Truthfully, Taekwoon loved both sides of his boyfriend deeply and he was scared to death of losing him. All he could do was try harder than he ever had before to keep him.

~~~

Kim Wonshik walked back to Hakyeon's apartment with his shopping bag held tightly in his arms. Taekwoon may have said Hakyeon couldn't have grilled cheese but they were all grown men and he wasn't about to watch the love of his life getting bossed around. He was going to make him the food himself, just the way he liked it, knowing how much Hakyeon hated soup, always calling it 'unsubstantial hell water' whenever he used to have to eat it.

Letting himself into the apartment, he had put the groceries in the kitchen, going back to Hakyeon's room to tell him he had come back. The pretty redhead was fast asleep, his dark haired companion rubbing his head and back comfortingly. His presence in the doorway was noticed quickly and Taekwoon motioned for him to be quiet. Simply nodding, the blonde went back to the kitchen to start cooking.

Halfway through grilling the sandwich the doorbell rang. Flipping the food in the pan first, he walked to the door when nobody made a move out of the bedroom. Telling the delivery guy to wait, he went to the bedroom.

"Food's here." He whispered and Taekwoon nodded, silently getting up to go pay. Wonshik sighed as he felt Taekeoon elbow past him. Impossible to truly blame the dark haired man for being angry that he was there, Wonshik took the moment of being alone with Hakyeon to kiss the redhead's forehead gently before going back to finish cooking. Despite understanding Taekwoon's feelings, and maybe even feeling a little sorry for him, it didn't change the fact that he couldn't resist Hakyeon.

Hearing Taekwoon wake Hakyeon up to eat, he put the grilled cheese on a plate. Sighing, he wondered if he was going to cause any problems with this gesture as he prepared some tea for his sick friend. Honestly, as long as it didn't get Hakyeon hurt, he didn't care if he made Taekwoon hate him, not exactly finding a fondness for the black haired ice machine himself.

Putting the food and tea on a tray, he brough it to Hakyeon's room, hesitating at the door. What if that gesture of kindness caused a fight? But Hakyeon deserved to eat what he liked when he was sick so he went in regardless of his better judgement.

"Hakyeonie. I made you a grilled cheese. Just the way you like it." He grinned as the redhead's face lit up in happiness.

"With mozzarella cheese?" Sitting the soup he had been eating on the nightstand, he held his arms out to him. "Can I have it?"

"Only the best for you." Laughing, he handed the tray to Hakyeon. As the cute boy began eating his sandwich, Wonshik noticed Taekwoon's expression change from gentle to angry. Getting off the bed, Taekwoon threw a bag in the trash can, leaving the room. Wonshik almost felt bad... Almost.