˗ˏˋ finale, part 4 ˎˊ˗ + surprise author's note!

 Y.T.T. / ˗ˏˋ THE FINAL STRETCH ˎˊ˗

[ !!! ]
there's a single line that mentions an attempted drug overdose.
it will not be mentioned after that line.
however, if it's triggering, i will change the color so you can glance over.

the finale of
valerie williams
tumblr_inline_nr99k6VGN41ruzppk_250.jpgtumblr_lq0i8unY911qdasngo1_1280.jpgtumblr_inline_nr99lzE6EH1ruzppk_250.jpg

 Rie didn't know what she wanted to do with her life. After disbanding from YTT back in 2022, she started to venture into other kinds of arts. She tried composition as she majored in that in college, but her mind kept wandering from one topic to the next, never sticking to one thing. She tried to become a backup dancer, but she found herself in the hospital due to an ankle injury. She tried becoming a vocal coach for Big Hit, but she couldn't find the joy of doing so as it all just reminded her of her youth. She tried practically everything in the performing arts department, but every little thing she did just reminded her of her sisters, her second family.

 Now thirty-two (2024), all she had going for herself was her family. Yes, she now has a family with a son named Junseok, who's now a year old with a second coming in. No one ever thought Rie, of all people, would have her first child months after their disbandment. Heck, they even bet over the fact that Rie would be one of the last of their group to have a child, let alone marry. But that wasn't what shocked everyone.

 "Hey, baby, I'm home," The sound of her husband rang through the house as Rie was currently just watching over their child who, at the moment, was eating lunch with her.

 Rie stood up to greet her husband of over a year with a quick peck on the lips followed by a hug, "Hey, 'Kook, how's mother?"

 Yes, to everyone's dismay, Rie had gotten married to Jungkook. After so many years of being tormented with comments of wanting her and Jin to marry, that never happened. The maknae of BTS, who's now the first of s to marry, was the one who stole Rie's heart. Not because out of pity as he always questioned her about dating him, but because he was the only person to make a move on her. Jin? Jin never made a move on her, and it's not because he didn't love her, he actually did. But the question never escaped his lips. Even back in 2015 when Jin had prepared a lovely date with her at the Han River, the question never came out of his mouth. Jungkook was the only one to.

 Since Jungkook and Rie's marriage, people were confused. The two never had a link to one another besides her being extremely close with Jin. They were never seen with each other before 2021, when the two were spotted out on a date, and no one ever pictured the two together, especially considering she was significantly older. That's why so many people thought that Rie could have been at fault for the disbandment.

 Jungkook and Rie were seen together at a jewelry store, suspected to be looking at rings, and netizens immediately saw this as a sign that the two were going to wed. Jin, at the time, was enlisted into the military, so he was completely out of the picture as Jungkook and Rie began to date when Jin spent his first year away from the group.

 When news came out of YTT's disbandment, Jungkook and Rie said their vows months afterwards, causing many to think that their marriage was a reason for the breakup of such a largely-appreciated girl group. And when Rie was revealed to be pregnant at age thirty-one, a year after they got married, people were utterly dumbfounded as Jungkook took a hiatus from the group in order to focus on his wife.

 BTS was still going strong ever since their debut, but as many of the members were coming to and from their enlistment, many began to have their doubts of the group still sticking together. Jin spent a year away from the group after his two years finished, being last seen in Gangnam with friends. Namjoon had just come back from his service, weary and tired, so he took a few months off. Yoongi had went straight into producing and composing songs for, what many supposed was BTS's comeback. Hoseok was currently serving his final year, and would be back in a few months, just in time for his sister's wedding. Jimin and Taehyung had just enlisted into the army, but even when the two had breaks, they would spend it with their family rather than with Jungkook, who was extremely close with the two. That left Jungkook, now twenty-seven, twenty-eight in Korea, and was preparing to go into service by the beginning of next year.

 "Mom's okay; still sick, but the doctor said she's getting better," Jungkook had just gotten back from the hospital after her mother was admitted due to a sudden at home. Luckily, his brother was home and was able to get their mother to the hospital in time. Jungkook smiled to his son before picking him up, messing up his once neat hair, "How's my little Jeon doing?"

 A string of unidentifiable sounds came out of his mouth, but Jungkook pretended to understand him, "Ah, that's good! Has mommy been good to you? Do I have to punish her?"

 "Hey, I've been good to him! No more tickle fests, hon'," She held her sides as she inched away from him. Jungkook raised a brow before letting out one of his signature laughs that he's never grew out of.

 He put Junseok back down in his highchair before widening his arms for his significant other, "Don't worry, I don't plan on tickling you. At least not now."

 Rie rolled her eyes before coming closer, wrapping her arms around his frame, planting a few quick kisses on his lips, resting her chin on his chest. Jungkook looked down at her, still processing the fact that she chose him after all these years, "I love you."

 "I love you, to—" Suddenly, their 'moment' came to an end as Rie's phone buzzed. Quickly, Rie picked up her phone from the tabletop as Jungkook just pouted, wishing that the moment would last longer than the measly thirty seconds.

< December 16, 2024 >
from: Kim SeokJin
everyone's at the dorm. where are you guys?

 Rie was in complete and utter shock. Jungkook could tell that something was up and, once he saw the caller ID, he knew, "Is that really Jin hyung?" RIe nodded and, immediately, four more texts came in.

< December 16, 2024 >
from: Taehyung
did you get the memo? where are you? jungkook isn't picking up.

< December 16, 2024 >
from: Hobi
i'm at the dorm. come asap.

< December 16, 2024 >
from: Jimjam
i'm heading to the dorm. do you know what happened?

< December 16, 2024 >
from: Suga
family emergency. come to the dorm.

× × ×

 "So, as you all heard, Namjoon just got admitted to the hospital," Hoseok, the one who was always so bright and bubbly, suddenly looked and sounded down. Everyone seemed confused besides Hoseok and Suga, the two people who were close with Namjoon since their early debut days. "The reason why he was admitted was because a drug overdose. We don't know if it was intended or not, but all we know is that Namjoon needs us more than ever."

 The room fell silent as the mention of Namjoon having a drug overdose was something they all couldn't believe. Hoseok continued, "Taehyung, Jimin and I are back from service due to this, what we call, a 'family emergency', and I hope that you all stay as well as we try to patch up this family for the sake of Namjoon. We all haven't spoken to each other, whether it's because we suddenly went our seperate ways or just never had the time to, but we hope that, with this last-minute meeting, we can figure out why we let go of this family."

 No one dared to speak after Hoseok, especially considering that many didn't know their own reasons as to why the group slowly broke apart. Everyone thought BTS would stay strong through everything, no matter who was serving or who was married, but all their fans had faith in them as a group; as a family.

 "I'm sorry," Jimin was the first to speak up. Everyone's eyes traveled to him as he just continued to look at his folded hands, "I'm sorry for not being there for everyone like I once was. I was just so caught up with everything and so stressed about my enlistment that I lost sight of this family. I didn't mean to do that, and I apologize."

 "I'm sorry, too," Yoongi, who rarely spoke his feelings, suddenly came out. "I know I don't say my feelings much, but I want everyone to know that I cherish each and every one of you guys. Sometimes I can be a sloth and narcissistic, but I truly do care for everyone here. When I heard of what happened to Namjoon, I rushed immediately here, knowing that I'd see at least one of you guys here as well. I never meant to be so rude to some of you and cut lines, but I just... I'm not someone who does well with emotions that aren't my own. Again, I apologize, and I hope you can all forgive me."

 "Me, too," Suddenly, Jungkook spoke out. The one person who hasn't talked to any of them since his marriage with Rie, but still was considered the baby of the group, even if he had his own child running around. "After my marriage with Rie, I shut a lot of you guys out, and I never meant to do that. I was just... so focused with caring for my family that I forgot about the family I've had for over ten years. I just... Being the youngest I am... I don't know.... I'm sorry for not knowing anything, and not being there for everyone."

 Taehyung let out a sigh, tears starting to form in his eyes, "I didn't want this to happen, but it did. Although I just got enlisted and immediately got out because of this incident, I don't know how to respond to any of this. I may not be the youngest like 'Kook, or the eldest like Jin hyung, but I was always there for you guys through thick and thin. I'm sorry for not being able to do just that in times like this. I sometimes felt that I didn't belong, especially since I wasn't planned to debut with you guys, but you guys gave me a home. You guys accepted me for my personality and crazy emotions. I never got to give back that acceptance to you guys, especially when I was the one that needed such acceptance. I'm sorry for everything, everyone; I truly am."

 Suddenly, Jin stood up, "I need a minute." He quickly sprinted to his room, the one he's shared with Namjoon ever since Jungkook had moved out to stay with his wife. No one knew why Jin was like this, but Rie was the one who stood up to follow him. Why? No one, not even Rie, knew. What everyone knows is that the two needed to talk to one another.

× × ×

 Rie knocked on Jin's door before opening it, "Jin?"

 "What," Jin was sitting on Namjoon's bed, wrapping his arms around his legs and burying his face in his knees.

 "Jin. Jin, what's wrong," Rie slowly closed the door, sitting herself beside Jin. She was scared to touch him, especially since they never talked since he left to serve in the military.

 "Everything. Valerie, just, please... Please leave me alone."

 "Why do you want to get rid of me?"

 "Valerie, please, I—"

 "No, Jin. Tell me."

 A silence fell upon the two of them, until Jin suddenly spoke aloud, "Why did you choose Jungkook over me?"

 Rie, at that moment, became dumbfounded. She had never heard such a question be asked by anyone besides Jungkook years ago, let alone from Jin, "What?"

 Jin let out a sigh, lifting his head up to look at his once best friend, "Jeon Jungkook. Why'd you choose him?"

 "I don't—"

 "You know. Don't lie."

 "Jin—"

 "Dammit, Valerie," Jin shouted loudly, which only startled the girl. "I've been dropping hints since 2014. 2014."

 Valerie just sat there in shock, not knowing what to say in response to him. But she knew. She knew all along that he wanted to date her and be with her, but she just couldn't get over the fact that, after their date, they just acted like friends the next day. That was it. That must've been why she chose Jungkook over Jin, maknae over hyung. All she could do was sigh, after all, pregnant women can't put so much stress on themselves.

 Jin just kept speaking, but his tone increased with every word, every syllable, "Valerie, I have been asking you since day one. Day. One. I've known you longer than Jungkook. I've spent more time with you than Jungkook, but what do I get? I get you, who I've loved since day one, marrying and having a kid with Jungkook! How could you do this? Especially when I was gone?! Valerie, why did you push me onto the curb to die like that?!"

 Valerie placed her hand on her stomach, trying to calm her nerves down, "Jin, I'm really sor—"

 "Sorry won't cut it this time, Valerie. The fact that you got together with Jungkook without me knowing and then went off to marry him when I was gone is heartbreaking. I thought we were friends, best friends for that matter, but I guess we aren't. Are we?"

 "Jin—"

 "For you, it's Seokjin. Not JIn," at that moment, Jin stood up and headed out of the room, slamming the door behind him. And Valerie? She just sat there, tears streaming down her face, trying to piece together everything that just happened. But then she started to hear yelling coming from the living room where the rest of the members were. Faint "Why did you yell at her" and "You have no right to talk to me like that" remarks started to fill Rie's mind. Her mind was already full of chaos, and all the yelling and fighting just added to her agonizing headache.

 Rie fell back onto the bed, laying a hand on her stomach, "God, why me?"

× × ×

 A few weeks passed since the fight with Jin and, luckily, it didn't completely tarnish Jin's relationship with Jungkook. After the fight, BTS made a compromise as a whole: to not fight, no matter how much you want to. Of course, being the everlasting maknae he is, Jungkook agreed to the terms of his hyungs. Although, for Jin, it took a bit more convincing, but he went on to just accept the terms as well. Why? For the sake of family. Family was an important factor for the two, and for everyone else as well. And Rie couldn't be even more happier to hear that they won't fight for the sake of family.

 "Hon'," Jungkook wrapped his single arm around Rie's neck as they both sat on the couch watching a random Netflix show about dogs, as requested by Rie for who knows why, but Junseok was enjoying it, too. Rie looked at her husband with a cheeky grin as she began to her stomach. Jungkook pecked her forehead, "Y'know, I do my time in service in a few months. How will you manage a kid and going into labor a week before I leave?"

 "Mm, Gummy was kind enough to help me. A few of my other members, like Yeonyul and Lya were willing to babysit while I work with your father in his shop to make money, so I'll be fine."

 "WIll you miss me?"

 Rie turned to look at his profile while he just stared at the television with a slight pout. Rie chuckled, cupping his face with both of her hands and turning his head to face him, "I always miss you when you're not here. So, of course, I'll miss you, idiot." Rie planted a quick peck on the smiling boy before turning back to the television, promptly resting her head on his shoulder as Junseok just continued to stare at the television from the floor.

 "You won't... cheat on me, right," Jungkook looked at Rie for an answer, the face of worry becoming more evident. Rie turned a second time to face him, raising an eyebrow, "Of course not. Why would I do such a thing?"

 Jungkook let out a sigh, "I talked to Jin hyung not too long ago. He said he'll be visiting to take care of the manlier jobs and helping you when no one can since he's the only one available to do so, at least out of Bangtan. Plus he's the one person who's good at taking care of children without causing problems. But when I think of him being around you, especially when I'm not here, I just... I just assume the worst. I'm sorry."

 Rie shook her head, cupping his cheeks, "I only love you, and that's all that matters. Idiot."

 Jungkook let out a chuckle before planting a quick peck on his wife's lips before her cheek with the pad of his thumb. Rie suddenly let out a small sigh, which caused the worried boy to ask what was wrong. Rie pointed towards the kitchen and jutted her bottom lip into a pout, "I want a burger."

 Jungkook widened his eyes at her request, "You never liked burgers, Ri—" Rie continued to pout, her eyes widened at the amount of effort she put into getting what she wanted. Soon enough, he gave in, getting up from his spot on the couch, "Cheese and tomato?"

 "Surprise me," She gave off a small smile before taking up his spot on the couch by sprawling herself on the couch while continuing to watch the show with Junseok.

× × ×

 It's been maybe a week or so since Jungkook left to do his part in the army and two weeks since Rie officially gave birth to her second child, a girl to be exact. When her newborn was officially welcomed into this world, she was thrilled. Why? Because Rie had always wanted a girl to be her second child, only because Junseok would be like a "knight in shining armor" to her daughter. So now her little kingdom, or so Jungkook calls it, is finally complete with a king, queen, prince and little princess.

 Suddenly, the doorbell rang, signalling the start of Jin's embarkment to their house. As promised, Jin called Rie up in order to tell her that he'll be visiting around 2pm to do yardwork every other week. The only problem was that Jin and Rie hadn't officially talked after the argument they got into way back then. Although Rie had forgotten about it completely, Jin's still trying his best to keep his distance. Why? Because he still loves her and hates the sight of seeing her as a married woman. His last love that he's truly loved, snatched away by his closest friend. But what can he do now? Nothing.

 "Hey, Jin."

 "Hi," Jin quickly walked in, dropping his bag on the couch before heading to the garage, as directed by Jungkook before he left.

 Rie had to admit, she felt rather odd that Jin was in the house without Jungkook with her, too. But Jungkook wanted the service of a man, especially since Rie can't do much and no one else was available. However, Rie's heart started to beat and her stomach started to churn at the sight of Jin preparing everything to start mowing the lawn. But why? Why was her heart like that? Why was her stomach terrible? Was she, possibly, maybe, in love with Jin?

 No. No.

 She loved Jungkook not Jin. She was over Jin.

 Over.

 Over..

 Why was she like this?

 Rie pinched her nose, her daughter still in her opposite arm, "I can't."

 "You can't what," She immediately turned around, seeing Jin with a straight face, a bit of dirt on his hands from cleaning up the mower a bit from the last time Jungkook used it. But, immediately, the look on his face got her heart racing, and she didn't know why. "What can't you do?"

 "Nothing. Nevermind."

 

of all the paths you take in life,
make sure a few of them are dirt.

 

 

 

   shocking author's note!


what if i told you guys i'm coming back with a new applyfic alongside my new story, immure, but this said applyfic will be coming out before my story aka in the near future? :^)
 

tony_chibi_animation_by_midnightstars767-d5333lr.gif