˗ˏˋ weekly idol! ˎˊ˗

 Y.T.T. / ˗ˏˋ THE FINAL STRETCH ˎˊ˗

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
"We will beginning recording now," the PD of Weekly Idol spoke aloud for everyone on set to hear. It was quite evident that he's been saying this for the past few years, 2011 to be exact. However, it was also evident that he was tired of saying it. But what else could he say that would make it more exciting? Weekly Idol's under a tight budget, and they're still running due to their new hosts Hani and Heechul. Sure, you could also thank the ones who bother watching, but it really all depended on the hosts.

Defconn walked out with a straight face while Hani and Heechul shared to the running cameras their wide smiles. It isn't the first time Defconn had walked out with that kind of face; no smile whatsoever. He's been at this for almost six years and with the leave of Hyeongdon, how could he be any happier? He's an actor, and that's why he's always faking a smile when the cameras roll.

"Lie, lie, lie, lie, eh, eh," Heechul and Defconn began to sing in unison. This caught Hani's full attention, seeing that they were singing one of her songs. She suddenly began to dance to it once they reached their spots in the plain white set. This caused Heechul to dance as well, however in the usual and comical way he always does with girl group dances. As for Defconn, he just continued to sing it while the two younger hosts were dancing away.

"Weekly," Defconn started the usual greeting as Hani and Heechul followed suit with the ending and pose, "Idol!"

< Weekly Idol! >

As Hani was reading the script for probably the millionth time that day, Defconn began to speak, "This Weekly Idol will be—" He was suddenly cut off by Heechul who was singing and dancing the song of YTT's 'Lion Heart'. It isn't the first time Defconn was cut off by Heechul, however he just let it be.

< ??? >

Hani and Defconn just stared at Heechul who was still singing and dancing before they emitted various 'ah's' and 'oh's', realizing that the new song was of their guest's comeback.

"Aye, Heechul oppa," Hani playfully hit Heechul's arm before Heechul just stared at her with widened eyes, holding his upper arm in pain. Hani stared at Heechul in shock, "What? That hurt?"

"No," Heechul looked at the camera in front of him, pointing at Hani as he did so, "Hani's seriously stronger than any girl I know. Someone check her birth certificate because I doubt she's a girl."

This caused Hani to hit Heechul in the arm for a second time. Everyone knew that Hani hated hearing comments like that every time they were shooting, but they thought these kinds of jokes were such that teenagers wanted to hear. Besides, more teenagers watch Weekly Idol when compared to the older generations.

< Hani? A man? Manni! >

"This week," Defconn clapped his hands to get the attention of the two, who looked at him with bright smiles. "Our guests today have gone missing for almost a whole year."

"That's right," Hani and Heechul said in unison.

"But now they're finally back with not one, not two, but three tracks!" The three hosts clapped their hands together as the cameras panned to the eight girls waiting to be called out. The girls all had smiles on their faces and have been waiting for this moment. However, behind their smiles were tired and exhausted humans who've been working day and night. They've only been promoting for a week, however that one week was equivalent to the workload of a whole month. The girls would wake up early and come back late, only to repeat the same process the following day. It's a good thing that J.Tune was considerate over their idols and would make sure they would have at least a day of break each week. That was the good thing about J.Tune compared to other companies; they would allow for their idols to rest in order to continue their busy schedules.

The cameras panned back to the three hosts who called them out as a group, "Please welcome, YTT!"

< *member and group photos with names show* BGM: 'For You' by YTT >

"Please greet the viewers," Defconn said as he gestured for the girls towards a specific camera.

All the girls look at one another before bowing their heads, "Hello, we're YTT! We'll work hard!"

< YTT! >

Defconn, Hani and Heechul began to dance casually to different songs of their's; Defconn dancing to 'For You', Hani dancing to 'Catch Me If You Can', and Heechul dancing to 'Lion Heart'. This caused the girls to smile and laugh, some even hitting their members.

As the hosts started to calm down, along with the girls, Defconn began to speak again, "Ah, it's been a while since I've seen you girls."

"Yeah, almost a year," Gummy gave her genuine smile towards the beloved host they haven't seen in quite some time. "Also, we actually prepared for the Random Play Dance this time!" The last time they were on Weekly Idol, they had failed the Random Play Dance, always giving each other the punishment. The first time they came, they were nearly close to succeeding in the Random Play Dance, however they suddenly played one of Madtown's songs which none of them knew the full dance to. But this time, the girls practiced as much as they could because they knew they'd be back on Weekly Idol again.

"Ah, really? No artist would say such a thing," Heechul commented. It was true; no artist, especially a girl group, would say that they prepared for the Random Play Dance. It was deemed the hardest part of the whole show and preparing for just that? Can only be heard during a blue moon.

"Well since they said that they prepared for it, why don't we see if it's true," Hani gestured towards the guests. Gummy looked completely ready for it, but the others were slightly uncomfortable. Usually, they would talk for the first few minutes before heading into the Random Play Dance. But their faithful leader had to comment about preparing when they only practiced their new songs rather than their old ones.

< Will they succeed? >

The girls gathered around to do a quick cheer for themselves and clapping afterwards, "YTT, fighting!" They immediately gathered in the back against the white wall, awaiting the first song to come on.

"Ah," Defconn clapped his hands together, catching the attention of both YTT and the younger hosts. "What do you want to gain from this?"

The girls blinked their eyes before one, Eight in particular, spoke aloud, "Smoothies!"

"That's too cheap," Heechul commented, before heading towards Defconn and patting his shoulder, "Defconn has a ton of money, so why not ask for something bigger?"

Joyce then commented, "Trip to Jeju!" The other girls exclaimed their thrill. Although it wasn't something as major as a whole trip around Korea, it was something nice considering they've been workin long nights and days to keep their fans happy.

Defconn then patted Heechul's shoulder, "Alright. It's coming from your sunbae here!" Heechul suddenly became dumbfounded while YTT just cheered in utter delight and satisfaction, bowing their heads with wide smiles. Hani, on the other hand, through her head back in laughter at what Heechul just got himself into.

< Heechul's treat: Jeju! >
< Fighting, YTT girls! >


After a gruesome twenty minutes at Random Play Dance, they were able to succeed on their second try. They didn't get the trip to Jeju, all because there was a minor collision with Joyce and Connie where Joyce got her bracelet stuck in Connie's hair. However they were able to get a day at the spa for the whole group. The girls plan on using that ticket to the spa on their day off, which would be in the upcoming week ahead.

"Alright, this is Grill," the guests and the hosts continued on together in unison, "Idol!"

< Grill Idol! >

"We heard that one of your managers is good at grilling, right?" The girls nodded, looking at their male manager, Son Hyunsik, who was just bowing his head in embarrassment. He's someone who's great at grilling, however he doesn't usually tell that to everyone. He's more reserved than Hyomi and keeps a lot of his passions to himself, but today he's forced to speak about his love for grilling and cooking. Defconn continued on, "Since you girls know how this segment works, we'll just bring out your manager."

The set filled with claps and hollers from the girls, along with Heechul who was actually a fan of the manager of YTT. Why? No one knows, but they all assumed it was because Hyunsik is someone who's active, playing sports and even cooking. Rumor has it, and it was later proven true through Yeonyul, that Hyunsik was actually supposed to be a choreographer, but decided to join his wife in helping her with managing YTT. For someone who's reserved, he has a sincere heart for the one's he loves.

"Hello, I'm Son Hyunsik," their manager bowed a full ninety degrees to the cameras, "I'll work hard to cook these meat for my girls."

The girls clapped and hollered for their manager while Hyomi, who was on the side with Jun, clapped along too.

< Hyunsik; legendary manager of YTT! >

"Alright, as Hyunsik grills the meat, we'll begin with the first segment," Hani began to read off the cue cards. "As many know, boy group dances are both powerful and difficult, especially for girl groups." The girls suddenly realized what they were about to get themselves into, some beginning to groan in agony while others just sighed. The last time they danced to boy groups was when they won a triple crown, and that was almost a year ago.

"So, you'll all compete for meat by dancing to random boy group songs," the hosts clapped their hands at the girls while they were still processing everything. Heechul stared at the girls with widened eyes, "I thought you girls can dance boy group songs, but why do you all look dead?"

A few of the girls shook their heads as Lya spoke aloud, "We haven't danced to such songs in almost a year. We just watch them and that's it."

"Ah, like watching WINNER," Heechul stood up and Lya just stared at him before bowing her head in embarrassment. Ever since it was revealed last year that she was dating Seungyoon, everytime she would talk, they would try to squeeze his name or his group's name in somehow. But, hey, she knew it was bound to happen. She's the only member that had revealed her relationship to the public while the ones dating now haven't yet.

"If you weren't my sunbae," Lya was about to throw down, and her members knew that. Lya didn't like having Seungyoon or WINNER being linked to her every time she would show her face in public. It grew annoying after she released such news. That's why the other members were quiet about their relationships. Eight was quiet about JB, Joyce was quiet about Zelo, and Connie was especially quiet about Aaron. Even though there was an article about that date with Connie and Aaron, they were able to let it pass because of the influx of article regarding other groups. Lya shook her head, "Nevermind."

Heechul just looked at Lya before they continued onto the segment. He clapped his hands together, "Okay! Lya, how about you go first? Do you want WINNER?"

"Ah, oppa," Lya stomped her foot with the typical maknae cuteness that almost all maknaes have.


After an embarrassing twenty minutes of dancing to boy groups, Eight was able to gain the meat for herself due to knowing more boy group dances than the other girls. However, it was more of a given since she was close with GOT7 and had appeared in a good amount of other boy group's music videos, so she was able to catch their dances. Plus, Eight was the triple threat so what is she not good with?

The other members were envious over Eight and the meat she was given personally by their manager. They all knew how great the meat was if their manager had made it for them, so they all began to work harder to earn it.

< Ah... envious... TT TT >

"Alright, the next segment is something that's new," Heechul continued as Hani read the cue cards and Defconn just looked at the girls with wide smiles. Defconn always had a soft spot for YTT. The reason being is because he was a huge fan of SNSD and Secret, and YTT was almost a complete mix of the two. The feelings from their comeback and previous comebacks were alike to SNSD, and they have a bond and looks alike to Secret. A lot of others noticed that as well, but YTT was YTT; nothing could really compare to them no matter how many people would do so. Heechul continued, "Hani, introduce the next segment. It's in English."

The set filled with laughter at Heechul's words of not wanting to speak English. He did the same with Beast not too long ago, and plus he's been getting small amounts of sleep due to his new song release with Jungmo. Defconn tried telling Heechul to do it himself, but Hani was kind enough to do so. Hani spoke aloud with the cue card in both hands, "The next segment is 'Weekly Idol News'. YTT will become the reporters and will be able to release all the recent news about your members that you think is deemed suitable for broadcasting. We'll rank your stories according to the quality of the news and give the meat cooked by your manager according to those rankings. Eighth will get one piece of meat, Seventh will get two, and so on. If one person is able to get more than one spot on the board, they will receive that amount of meat. So it's possible to get more meat or no meat depending on your stories."

< W.I. News with YTT! >

Two staff members brought out a stand and large dry erase board with the numbers one through nine listed along the side. As they were preparing the set, the girls tried thinking about different stories they could tell. Would they reveal the hidden relationships in their group? Would they reveal the fights they got into? Hani did say it could be anything they wanted, even if it meant that they're throwing their careers on the line. Defconn looked at the girls before continuing on, as Hani and Heechul switched seats in order for Hani to be able to write, "Okay! Who wants to go first."


tumblr_oa7qosHBHH1tvjr40o1_400.png

"Everyone was able to get meat, I'm surprised," The girls continued to eat their meat, Rie savouring the two pieces she had by chewing slowly, as Hani continued on to the next segment. The cameras rolled on each of the members while they were eating, though Eight had already finished her one piece in an instant.

"The next and, sadly, final segment, is a new one called 'Friend, Help!'. 'Friend, Help' is a segment where you need to call anyone on your contacts and you need for them to say phrases that we have provided for each of you. However, for it to be a success, you all need to complete the task in a total of five minutes or under. Sounds easy, but you cannot give hints or say it, or else us MCs will be eating the meat. Call?"

The YTT girls nodded their heads, some putting thumbs up whilst saying 'Call' in reply. Hani nodded as Defconn looked at them, "Alright. Please look for a contact that you know will answer in an instant because if they don't answer, it's an immediate fail. We'll start down here with Connie. Are you ready?"

Connie nodded her head, "Yes!"

< Please, friends... Pick up... TT TT >
< BGM: 'Pick Me Up' by Produce 101/IOI >

 


The girls were able to finish the task in exactly five minutes, almost not getting the meat. However, they were kind enough to give some to the hardworking hosts of Weekly Idol. As they were eating Defconn had told them that it wasn't quite yet the end of the show. The girls were suddenly flustered, hearing that it wasn't the end. They thought that they had enough to fill up the whole hour of broadcasting, but Heechul, who had a full mouth, pulled out his cue cards to speak, "The actual final episode is, 'Show Me the Boss Card'!"

The girls were excited when they suddenly heard the segment where they could take advantage of their CEO's card. Although the girls weren't all too big on using their CEO's card, such things only happen once in life.

"Really," Eight had widened eyes as she scanned the area for a sign of their CEO or at least his card. Suddenly their manager, Hyomi, came out followed by two staff members caring a chair and a stand for the card. Joyce suddenly tapped Eight, pointing at their manager as the other members followed in looking in the same direction. The eight girls began to cheer, seeing that their manager was putting their CEO's card on the stand.

"Your manager, Hyomi, is in charge of signing off your CEO's card and allowing it to be of use. The CEO approved of this, right?" Hyomi nodded towards Defconn's question and this just brightened up the girls's days even more. "The spa treatment that we said Heechul was going to pay for can now be changed to the Jeju trip you wish if you pass... The 'word relay'!"

The girls suddenly groaned. They had never once played this game, and they know the struggle of it when they watched the Beast episode. They were scared that the Jeju trip they hoped for would slip away from their grasp. What's worse? They might loose that once in a lifetime chance in using their CEO's card.

< Good luck! >
< BGM: 'Good Luck' by Beast >


Luckily for the girls, they had passed the 'word relay' and were able to change their spa day to a weekend to Jeju using their CEO's card to pay for the flight there and back. The girls remember when they last went to Jeju for their show that ended last summer. It was a great experience, and they were able to enjoy their time there. They plan on going to Jeju when promotions are done, or hopefully sooner depending on how busy their schedule gets.

Gummy quickly did an outro for the show and bid goodbye to both viewers and the hosts, thanking the Weekly Idol staff as well, before leaving to rest up for the next schedule.