Chapter 16

Meeting 2PM
Please log in to read the full chapter

~*I was gonna wait until sometime next week to update, but I couldn't!
You may or may not know, but I actually try to finish the story way in advance, so I can just post when I want to; I don't write and post as I go...SO I'M ACTUALLY DONE WITH THIS STORY NOW. I'VE CONCLUDED IT AND EVERYTHING!...Actually, I might write an epilogue...But yeah, I know how it ends, and I'm happy, but you won't know until some time later. Which you'll hate me for, but you don't have a choice! Hah!...I'm evil, #sorrynotsorry :3
Anyway, I hope you like this chapter! Let me know what you thought when you're done reading <3

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Come in.”

Walking through the studio room doorway, Paula saw JYP and Sung-goon, one of the agency’s sound editors, sitting at the soundboard, presumably touching up one of the song’s on the CEO’s new album.

Today was the day for her meeting with the CEO himself. She was nervous, but not overly. She saw Ha-eun on her way into the building, and the receptionist silently as the younger woman made her way down the hallway.

Looking over his shoulder for a quick second, Park Jin-young said, “Hi Paula. Have a seat for a minute.”

“Sounds good,” she replied.

After a bit more tinkering, JYP sent editor out (who gave Paula a fist bump as he made his way to the door) and turned his chair to the couch she was sitting on.

“I’m sorry it hasn’t been until now that we get a chance to sit and talk,” he began.

“That’s okay,” she said, smiling, “I know you’re a busy man.”

He mirrored her smile. “How are you doing?” he asked, “I’ve heard a lot from my staff these past months, but I’d like to hear it from you. How has your stay in Korea been?”

“I’m good,” she replied, “Can’t complain. You probably already know I’ve been working at the local high school as an ESL teacher. But yeah, I’ve got a few months left with my students, and they’re doing well. Preparing them for their year-end exams, so I’ll be busy. And I’ve been traveling the city a lot too, on the weekends. It’s been a lot of fun, my year here. Your 2PM boys were a great help too.

“How are you?” she asked.

He chuckled. “I’m good too, thank you. My album is almost complete, and I’m proud of what we’ve come up with. You know Jun. K had a hand in a few of my songs.”

“Of course he did,” Paula teased, “He can never get away from the piano.

“So what was it exactly that you wanted to talk to me about?” she asked, curiosity getting the best of her.

“Well,” he started, “As I said, I’ve heard a lot about you. Ha-eun speaks highly of you; you seem to know all the artists in the company as well as the managers, music editors, dancers, and other staff members who work here…You’ve even met the trainees, which I find very impressive.”

She nodded, a corner of going up as he spoke. “So…”

“Right,” he said, clearing his throat, “Basically, I’d like to offer you a job.”

“…Pardon?”

“All the managers in every group have told me their group members’s English speaking is getting better,” he tried to explain, “Because of you.”

“…What?” Paula said.

"You had this rule with 2PM that they had to speak English to you while you spoke Korean to them.”

“Y-yeah,” she stuttered, explaining, “It wasn’t intentional. I’m their friend first, teacher second. We just talk…When I first met them at the airport, I only talked to Taecyeon and Nichkhun, because they were the ones comfortable speaking English. I wan

Please log in to read the full chapter