chapter 14 (you are my...WHAT?)

Dangerous and Beauty

 

 

Chapter 14



Hyomin stared blankly at her mother tombstone. Once in a while, she ran her finger on the name written there. It was her mother name. She felt so emotional as the memory of her mother covered with blood and looked at her helpless, mouthing her to run away but she was unable to move. Instead, Hyomin ran to get her mother. This was when her step mother grabbed her from behind and threw her harshly at the wall. She felt a sudden pain at the back of her body but what hurt her more was when her mother clinging onto that heartless man, begging him to stop hurting her but all she got was another kicked. Hyomin couldn’t watch that any longer so she ran to the kitchen, grabbing a huge knife before threw it directly at her step father. One of her specialty at school was that she was a pitcher for her baseball team so it wasn’t hard for her to do that. The knife stabbed him and causing him to turn around. He was ready to chase her but she was quick enough to grabbed her baseball bat and hit that guy on his head.



“Hyominnie, don’t...” her mother begged but she was too weak.



“Mom...” she cried.



Even it happened long ago; Hyomin still can’t forget her feeling that night. She always knew her mother decision to marry that guy was going to be a huge mistake but her mother never listened to her. That guy cheated her mother and marries her even though he was married to someone else. Hyomin knew he had another family because she overheard the phone call but what can she do when no one listened to her. No one trusted her. She was so tired to become a good girl, miss goody-two-shoes and girl next door type because at the end of the day, she couldn’t do anything to save her mother. The only family she had and it was also the beginning of her never-trust-a-guy policy started. She hated guy with all her guts.



Until K.Will saved her and took her into his care, she stayed with some children her age that might have almost similar story as her.



“Ahemm...” the sound of someone clearing his throat causing her to snapped back to reality. Hyomin quickly wiped her teary eyes and turned around. For a few second silenced, she was just exchanging stare with the guy who was standing in front of her right now.



“Park Hyomin, is that you?” that guy spoke. He was a young man with dark brown hair. Hyomin blinked her eyes furiously, tried not to freak out.



“....” She was however turned speechless especially when that guy suddenly pulled her into his strong embraces and hugged her tightly. Her face was beamed into his shoulder and the smell of his cologne was good. It was a manly smell and she guessed it might be an expensive one.



“Freak!!!” Hyomin finally get back her conscious. No one had ever hugged her that way especially a guy. She pushed him away hard and glared sharply. “



Nichkhun looked at her with big eye. “I’m sorry... you might don’t know me but I know you. I’m Nichkhun.”



Hyomin was only able to drop her jaw when her supposed ‘target’ was smiling in front of her. She doesn’t have to work hard to search for him, he was the one who come for her and how come he knows her name?



“I don’t know you,” she said firmly.



“I’m... your brother...” his word stung sharply beneath her especially when he added. “Your step brother.”



“.....” she went speechless again. Never in the world would she ever imagine to have a brother, not even the ‘step’ one. She was now totally in confusion state.



Nichkhun looked around and smiled cutely. “Looks like we’re not in suitable place to talk...” he pointed his finger around. “It’s the graveyard...creepy.”



She however, was still so confused and frowned.



+++++++

“I’m so glad to meet you again, after so long,” Nichkhun said while sipping his black coffee. “I know you must feel surprise to see me, right?”



“Yeah, sure I do,” Hyomin finally was able to open . Part of her mind was still dumbfounded. How she supposed to react when all of sudden a guy appears in front of her and claimed himself as her step brother and to make it even dramatic, that guy was her next target. Meaning, she should take his life and end it there. It should be easy for her usually but now, ever since she listened to the whole story of why she didn’t know that she still have brother, a family member, she was just so clueless. Damn clueless. Now she understands why reading his name gave her uncertain feeling that she couldn’t explained.



“I’m sorry...for what my father did to your mother,” he said apologetically. “I always know that he secretly married another woman behind my mother. If it wasn’t for me, I think your mother might still be alive.”



Hearing that, Hyomin almost dropped the cup that she was holding and shot a deep stare at him. “What did you say?”



“I held this guilty feeling for many years. I really want to search for you and apologize but you suddenly disappeared after that incident. If I didn’t do something that pissed our father, he would never let go his anger toward your mother.”



“WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!!” Hyomin could feel her chest move up and down, started to feel angry. Nichkhun explained further. It was him, the reason why her step father mad. He showed up at her house, screaming to Hyomin’s mother to return back his father, blaming her for everything. The father saw it and slapped him hard. He was drunk at the time. Hyomin’s mother stopped him from doing that and told Nichkhun to run but while struggling, she accidentally scratched his face. He gone extremely mad and Nichkhun escape but he could hear from a far, Hyomin’s mother grunted painfully but he was too scared to comeback. He saw a little girl walked past him with cute ponytail, she was smiling at him and heading toward the house. Nichkhun gasped... and run without turning back. The next day, tragic death of those two were all over the newspaper. The day that had ruined Hyomin life, forever!



“I’m sorry...” Khun reached out to held her hand but she slapped it away and shot a deadly glare at him.



“BACK OFF !!!” with that, she grabbed her bad and leaved him immediately. Tears prickles inside her eyes. For many years, she had never really cry but tonight, tears went down crazily faster than ever.



“Hyomin... wait!!!” Khun shouted for her name but she ignored.



++++++++


Hyomin almost bumped into Chul Yong while she’s trying to get some water from the refrigerator. She can’t sleep and felt dry and thirsty.



“Excuse me, could you step aside, I don’t have mood to fight with you over this tiny little space of our kitchen,” she said flatly which earning a surprise stare from him.



“Geezzzz, suit yourself,” he mumbled and leaned his back against the wall, letting Hyomin walked past him.



Hyomin just walked slowly and drink and put the empty glass into the sink before took a deep breath. Chul Yong who observed her with amusement finally said something. “I’m not going to let myself get busy with someone else business but are you okay?”



“Shut up... all guys are bastard!” she cursed through her teeth.



Chul Yong shook his head in disbelief. “Whatever, girls are freak. PERIOD!!” he was about to walked away when he heard a sob coming from her. Chul Yong turned slowly and saw that Hyomin was crying. He shook his head over and over again, even rubbing his eyes to make sure he wasn’t dreaming. Can’t be real, at least that’s what he thought but nevertheless, it looked so real. He stepped forward and the main kitchen light. Hyomin quickly wiped her tears and glared at him.



“Why you turn on the light you stupid jerk!” she hissed and walked away, without looking back.



“Err...” Hyomin already gone before he could ever say something. A few second later, a loud noise of her slamming the bedroom door echoed the house. JoKwon was screaming from his room in protestation due to the loud sound.



+++++++++

( Somewhere else )



White Lily tapped his finger onto the side of his chair. There was an unknown smile written all over his face. The dark room was filled with dimmed light. He likes it that way. He doesn’t like something too strike.



“Black rose huh... so you really coming for me,” he rambled and continuously smiled while clenching his fist tightly. “Now the game obviously turned more fun!”



+++++++



( The next day )



Taecyeon looked up to the sky while walking toward the school. How classic, to imagine himself being at school again even not as student but as a teacher. It still ironic because in his life, he would never think of coming here all over again after graduation. Bad memory of school, that’s why. A few students who walked past him will greeted and some of them were just wave their hand from afar. Taecyeon smiled to himself; what a good feeling of being ‘accepted’.



Previously, when he was still in school, he was considered as one of bad boy punching bag. He often got bullied and don’t know how to protect himself. As a result, Taecyeon would rather spend his time alone of the rooftop of the school building, finding some peace there. He continues becoming like that until he graduated and decided to joined the police. With his height, he guarantee a place there and Taecyeon worked so hard to built his muscle, facing the harsh and hard training for a few years until he completely transform into brand into Ok Taecyeon. The one who knew how to say ‘No’ when disagree and a strong man who knows how to protect himself and the person he loved. Because of that, he smiled while wondering; wouldn’t be great if he had this kind of mindset back in his high school time?



“You surely love to smile like that, do you?” EunJung who was walking at his side all of sudden surprised him. “Oh sorry, did I shock you?”



Taecyeon smiled again. “Yes and no...”



“Hmm,” she shook her head. “Good morning.”



He greeted back. “Good morning.”



“So how was your sister?” he asked.



EunJung looked confused at first. “Sister?”



“Park Jiyeon.”



“Oh... why you ask?”



Taecyeon gave his infamous smile again. “Because I’m her teacher, that’s all. No worries, I’m not a police or some kind of creepy killer.” He felt as if he needed to knock his head somewhere for telling a big fat lie on early morning. Taecyeon hates that!



“She’s alright now, it takes time but yeah...” EunJung said. “Oh, I’m going to this direction, see you again.”



“Hey Miss nurse,” Taecyeon called her. She turned around and stopped walking. “Your hair looks nice.”



EunJung however looked stunned and quickly turned around shyly before fastened her steps. Taecyeon on the hand, officially slap his face repeatedly for doing other silly mistakes this morning.



“Damn, I was trying to flirt with her? argh...” he mumbled between his breath.



“For someone as good looks as you, that move look so stupid sir.” A sudden voice coming from behind. To his surprised, it was Jiyeon.



“Jiyeon-sshi,” Taecyeon kinda felt embarrassed now when realizing that she might saw everything. “Good morning, you look great today and... don’t get me wrong... it’s just a word. A sentence.”



Jiyeon chuckled. “Yeah right. FYI, her name is EunJung so next time, better not call her Miss Nurse. It’s too cliché,” she said and walked past him with another giddy smile.



Taecyeon face was now turned crimson. He can’t believe after all his super good records in any physical training at the police academy, after all the good records he kept doing while completing his job, when so many people said how ‘almost perfect’ he was ( especially from his fangirls ), he was now completely humiliated upon his own action.



“I can’t believe this,” he said to himself. “I was blushing...”



++++++



Hyomin stared at herself at the mirror before comb her hand one last time. She tried to brushed away the thought of ‘Nickhun you’re step brother!’ fact. She hardly slept last night and there was an obvious eye bags under her eyes. Hyomin took another pressed powder and covered it up. After satisfy with her own looks, she glanced to her watch and walked out from her bedroom door.



He saw JoKwon was reading a newspaper with a cup of coffee in the living room. She tried to ignore him unfortunately he didn’t. He called her name. “Hyomin.”



She stopped on her track and turned. “What?”



“Are you crying?”



His question made her heart dropped. Was it too obvious? Or that stupid jerk with the named ‘CHUL YONG’ has told him?



“No I’m not,” she denied it, firmly.



“Just asking,” JoKwon said while flipping the news paper. “So how was your target progress? I didn’t tell the rest of the girls about your mission yet.”



“You don’t have to,” she said. “I can handle it all by myself.”



JoKwon shook his head and smiled. “You are indeed stubborn. Never had changed at all...” he said. “Don’t worry about that but have you planned something?”



Hyomin’s heart raced. She couldn’t find a word to answer him. Whatever happened last night was a dream, just a dream...only a dream. CRAP!! She cursed. It was real.



“You know I hate when people ask me so much question. I know what I have to do...” she snapped and ready to leave but then stopped again before turned. “JoKwon-ahjussi, what did he do until someone hire us to kill him?”



JoKwon eyes widened as he looked at Hyomin. It wasn’t normal when Hyomin care to ask anything about the victim. Usually she would get the target and bamm, he already died the next day or maybe the longest she took might be less than one week.



“Why?” he asked her quizzically.



“Just asking, I mean, what kind of stupid bad thing he already did to people?” she asked.



“I don’t know much but all I know, he’s the reason for this client to loss all his family.”



“He murdered them?” she asked again.



“I’m not sure, that you have to ask K.Will because he didn’t told me everything yet,” he answered.



“Okay,” she said and leaved the house immediately, completely ignore JoKwon amusing gaze.



The road seems calm as she heading to the bus stop. Usually, she would go to her campus with Soyeon but since she hadn’t seen her since yesterday, Hyomin decided to go on her own, with bus. While she waited at the bus stop with a few more random people, there’s a car suddenly stopped in front of her. The mirror was tinted dark so she couldn’t see the driver but when he opened the door, she was standing there—completely in static shock.



“Hyomin, good morning... well, afternoon,” he said with smile while glancing at his wrist watch. “Going somewhere? Let me send you.”



“No thanks,” she rejected spontaneously, earning an odd look from other people at the bus stop. Nichkhun also surprised upon her reaction.



“We... kinda need to talk,” he said with an eyes full with hope. She could see that. It was glistening and cutely opened widely. He looked so much cuter in person, face to face rather than what she saw in the pictures.



Since she noticed the interested gaze from others people making her uncomfortable, she had no choice. Plus, she also needed to talk something. With a heavy movement, she entered the car. Nichkhun smiled to the rest of the people there before entered the car and some of them already looked like as if they already fainted or having major nose bleed.



Inside the car, he smiled at her before drive faster. They didn’t really talked. The smells inside his car remind her of her step father. The person that she hates the most. Hyomin just stared at the front road blankly until she noticed he was taking her to somewhere else instead of college.



“Yah... what are you doing?” she glared at him furiously. “My college is there...back there!!”



Nichkhun startled a bit. “Ohh sorry...” he suddenly pulled the gear and makes a sudden U-turn until stumbled to her side, her head knocking the window. “SORRY...SORRY...” he slow down the car. “Are you okay?”



“Shut up!” she hissed.



“I didn’t know your college was there. Why didn’t you say a word?”



“Why didn’t you ask?” she snapped back.



Nichkhun fell silent and blinked his eyes. “Sorry...” he said slowly. “I really hope things work out between us.”



“STOP THE CAR!!” Hyomin demanded all of sudden.




“But your college was there,” Khun said.



“I can walk from here,” she stubbornly replied with sharp glare.



“Hyomin,” Nichkhun called her name.



“Don’t call my name. It’s irritating. You don’t know how much your voice similar to that jerk old man. I hate him, I hate you....I hate everything related to him. Why on earth you have to show up? I don’t even know you when we’re little. I don’t know you at all. I’m all alone now so I don’t need a family. Not even this so-called nice step brother. That jerk old man blood was running inside you and that’s enough to make me hate you!” she burst out everything that she wanted to say to her step father but instead, she screamed it toward him.



There’s a flash of hurt on his face but Nichkhun tried to smile. “I know...” his voice was low. “It’s hard for me to forgive him as well...to what he did to you, your mom and to my mother.”



Hyomin couldn’t believe that she was letting her tear rolling again, this time in front of this guy she just know. She wiped it over and over again but it still rolling non-stop. Nichkhun reached out to give her the tissue but she slapped his hand.



“I hate you and your father who was already dead. Please don’t ever show up again!!” she warned and slammed the car door harshly.



Nichkhun was taken aback. He was completely hurt over her word. It’s been so long he tried to search for her even when he was little. Although they shared the same father but she didn’t know they shared the same stories. His life was hard and always gets beaten by his late father. It was never get easy on him. He always wanted to meet his ‘step’ sister. Thinking that he actually has one more family member apart from his mother makes Khun happy. That’s the reason why he’d never give up on searching for her. He always waited for her at her mother’s grave. What Hyomin didn’t know was, both of their mothers were buried side by side. Sharing the same pain and ended their life with miserable mistakes by married a wrong guy.



Hyomin however was cursing non-stop until her phone suddenly beeped. She took it out from her bag and read the message.




Quote

To : Hyominnie
From : Boram unnie
Hey,
I heard that you got the mission this time around. I don’t know why you’ve been so secretive but considering a lot of things happening, I need you to be careful Hyomin. I’m worried. Buzz me if you need anything k?
But I know, you’ll never face a problem... :D





Reading that makes her stopped on her track and turned around but Nichkhun was already gone. She sighed. For the first time in her life, she felt difficult. Everything started to look hard.




“Such a mess...” she whispered to herself and snapped her phone back to her bag. It's hard to admit when her own little heart kept saying there's something connected between Nickhun and herself. "I HATE IT!!"






TBC...

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

 

Author's note:

 

there it goes, another chapter for my dear readers!

i hope you like it.. sorry if i keep you waiting...ENJOY

 

don't forget to comment and subscribe to keep me writting this story. love u ^-^