Scene 6: In which Tao doesn't know when girls hit on him (Part 2)

EXO Journal: A Voyage through the Galaxy

Dear Diary

For some reason, people like to harrass me. I thought I'd had it with bullying in highschool because I'd learned to fight back but how can I fight back with a girl? I can't hit her but I honestly don't think I can take another year like that.

Sehun (peeking into his diary): Who's bullying you?

Tao (hurriedly hiding it): No one!

Sehun glares at his Shadow who is now fiddling with his books and looking anywhere but at him. Sehun's worried because Tao faced a lot of bullying in his freshman year during high school and would've gone on suffering had Kai and Sehun not joined a year later and acted as his back up whenever things got hairy. The guy was a fighter but he really didn't like fighting and had to be taught that at times, hitting back was the only option. There is no way Sehun will stand back and watch his Shadow get bullied again and if Tao thinks he can deter him by hiding his diary, he has another think coming.

Sehun (lunging over his shoulder and grabbing his backpack): Who is it?

Tao (trying to stop him from reading his diary again): I said no one, okay?

Sehun has managed to open his journal and is quickly scanning through the pages. His lips get thinner and thinner, glaring at the pages like he's demanding answers. 

Sehun (voice barely above a whisper): What did she do?

Tao (feigning ignorance): Who?

Sehun (smacking the table and making him jump): WHAT DID SHE DO, DAMMIT???

Tao (lowering his eyes): Just... a couple of times, she's ruffled my hair when she passes by...

Sehun (head snapping up): That's it?

Tao: She also sings something like... (scrunches up his nose, thinking) beautiful stranger, I've fallen into your big eyes~~~ (girl voice imitation)

Sehun (lets out a disbelieving laugh): Seriously?

Tao (getting defensive): It started like that back then, okay? They'd lightly bump into me, say things whenever I was passing by and... (at this point, it is a bit too much for Tao and tears fill his eyes) I'm NOT going through that again!

Sehun (feeling a little bad for laughing): No, of course not.

Tao (mumbling into his hands): I don't care if its a girl, if she does it one more time I'll...

Sehun starts laughing at his innocence, hugging his brother and ruffling his hair himself. Sometimes, Tao is just too cute. 

Sehun (fondly): You're such an idiot!

Tao (glaring up at him): What?

Sehun (controlling his laughter): Tell you what, the next time she ruffles your hair, grab her hand like this (demonstrates), pull her close *puts himself face level with Tao* and tell her, 'We can be more than strangers'.

Tao (trying to think it through): That's it? It'll stop her?

Sehun (confident): Of course. She'll become your friend.

Tao (not convinced): Just like that? Why would I want to befriend her? 

Sehun shakes his head and doesn't reply. Tao needs to figure things out for himself sometimes, after all. He wonders how the poor girl will react to Tao's sudden forwardness and if he should warn Tao that he'll probably be leading the girl on but then again, he's being nice enough as it is. The rest Tao can handle for himself, for better or worse.Tao stares after him for a while, then retruns to writing in the journal. 

Dear Diary, 

I don't get it.