Scene 15: In which the Journal ends up with the Beagle Line

EXO Journal: A Voyage through the Galaxy

Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Chen are leaning with their ears pressed against the wall, trying to hear what D.O is doing – he's been locking himself inside the room these days, for hours on end and its making them very, very curious. What can D.O possibly be hiding from his own Shadow?

Chen: I mean, really – it has to be something big, right?

Baekhyun and Chanyeol nod vigorously, wholeheartedly supporting him.

Chen (continuing his thoughts): I mean, even if he's watching something weird… we're Shadows, for heaven's sake! I won't mind it. Why would I?

Chanyeol (his Yoda ears pressed against the door): Shh, I can hear something!

Baekhyun puts a hand on his mouth and Chen holds his breath. In the silence, they all hear a distinct tortured female scream.

Chen (punching the air): That bastard! I knew it!

Chanyeol collapses on the floor laughing.

Baekhyun (putting a finger on his lips): Shh, there's more!

They eagerly put their ears against the door again, giggling every time there's a strange sound. But suddenly, everything falls silent. Chen, being the Shadow, is the first one to recognize what this means and immediately pulls back from the door but gets entangled in Baekhyun's legs and both of them fall on the floor. Chanyeol falls inside when the door is suddenly yanked open and D.O growls fearsomely in his face.

D.O (aggressively): WHAT?

Chanyeol (putting up his hands pacifyingly): N-nothing… ya!!! D.Oya!!! (whines)

D.O (not loosening his grip on Chanyeol's ears): Why were you leaning against the door? Trying to listen in on me?

Chanyeol shakes his head vigorously, gesturing at Chen and Baekhyun for support. Both of them nod in agreement and Chen stands up.

Chen (deliberately getting offensive): No we weren't but the way you're getting so defensive, D.O. Why's that? Were you doing something wrong? Hmm?

D.O (stares silently at Chen for a few seconds then snorts when his Shadow doesn't desist): As if. What I do is my business.

Chen (nodding): Sure it is. We were looking for Tao anyway (calling out) TAO???

Baekhyun (seizing the opportunity): TAOOOOO!!!!

The loud yell makes everyone, including Tao who appears in the doorway of his room, cover his ears.

Tao: What? And don't yell!

Baekhyun (imitating him): Don't yell! Why didn't you respond the first time?

D.O goes back in his room and Chen and Chanyeol sigh in relief. Baekhyun, however, is busy teaching Tao the finer details of manners with his elders.

Baekhyun: And is that any way to address someone? WHAT? How rude, I thought I taught you better. Who are you hanging out with these days?

Tao (getting defensive because Baekhyun sounds just like Luhan and he hasn't done anything wrong, dammit!): I'll hang out with whoever I want!

Baekhyun (glaring at him): What was that?

Tao (cowering): I meant, I hang out with Sehun, Kai and Mei these days.

Baekhyun: What about Luna?

Tao (sulkily): Luhan forbade me to talk to her.

Baekhyun (nodding sagely): Hmm… well I still think you need to learn manners. Where's your journal?

Tao (suspiciously closing his door): Why do you ask?

Baekhyun (picking up on his unconscious gesture): AHA! So there's something you're trying to hide from me? Haha, you'll have to do better than this, cub!

Tao snaps his fingers the moment Baekhyun moves and he freezes in place.

Tao (shaking his head ruefully): I'm sorry but that is very personal and I won't…

Baekhyun (yells from inside his room): Found it!

Tao stares at the Baekhyun frozen in front of him – it dissolves into nothingness amidst Chen, Chanyeol and Baekhyun's cackles.

Chanyeol (slapping his thigh): Oh, you should've seen the look on his face Baek! He really believed he had you!

Baekhyun (appearing over a disbelieving Tao's shoulder and patting it): You tried but I'm too fab for you!

Tao blinks slowly then recognizes the leather-bound book he's waving about.

Tao: Hey! That's mine!

Baekhyun (blowing him a raspberry): Not anymore!!!

Tao (yells): Nooo!!!

Baekhyun laughs as he vanishes from sight, Chen and Chanyeol in tow.

Baekhyun's first entry in the Journal:

The Scientific Journal of Byun Baek and his Bunnies  Buddies

Dear Dairy                                   Its DIARY, you idiot! D. I. A. R. Y.

                                                                                You Chen

                                                                                                Better than you Buttface

                                                                                Guys I thought we were making it a scientific journal

                                Oy, shut up Yoda!

                                                                You are a Buttface, Baek. Buttface Baek!!! HAHAHA

                                Immature! :P

Anyway, from here onwards, this document shall be used to keep record of the ingenuous methods of scientific inquiry to establish answers to important questions like…

Is D.O ?

Does D.O like hardcore stuff?

Does D.O identify with the alternative lifestyle of ?

This idiot is smarter than he looks. Anyway, yes, important questions like that. We shall design a proper experiment for this question and collect data before presenting our argument in a completely objective manner and convince the members of our pack, particularly our respected leader, that we, D.O, as fully mature Legends, have special needs and help our fellow Legends reach their full potential in the form of acquisition of proper CDS and access to websites using leaders credit card so we can live to our fullest potential. (I mean D.O)

Signed:

Byun of the Baekhyun, Buttface Baek Breathtaking Baek

Yoda Yeol    You-got-me Yeol

Cheshire Chen

A/N: 

So I wanted to identify the Beagles with different writing styles but they don't have enough styles in here haha... so we'll go with colors. Blue for Chen, the other one for Chanyeol, and black for Baek... and well, from on, we'll have lots of adventures with the Beagles. Please anticipate :3 

Oh and please someone come fangirl with me about EXOluXion because I'm having too many feels right now! >////< Blond, blue-eyed Yixing flashing his abs... how am i supposed to survive this alone? T___T 

anyway, do comment and let me know what you guys think :)