Scene 4: In which Tao spills his heart to his Mom

EXO Journal: A Voyage through the Galaxy

Dear Diary

I'm sorry my first page was so emotional - there are even dried tear drops which, I think, looks very artistic - the sort of thing you'd see in dramas or movies or music videos. Anyway, so maybe I was being overdramatic last night but seriously, it hurt. Sehun, that butthead, made sure it landed on my head and I still have a sore spot there. But that is over and behind me.

I'm still mad at Suho, though. He abandoned me. Even though he's apologized thrice already but I'm not going to give in so easily and...

Suho (peeking inside his room): Tao?

Tao sits up and makes sure the diary is closed, not replying to Suho and just hunches his shoulders, face towards the wall. 

Suho (sounding a bit depressed): Ya, are you going to stop talking to me? 

Suho (comes inside): I already said I'm sorry - I didn't even hit you, why do I have to apologize? Sehun did that...

Tao (forgetting his resolution to not respond, turns around angrily): He's not the one who abandoned me! 

Suho (taken aback by his sudden outburst): Abandon...?

Tao (getting emotional) : Yes, abandon! My head was hurting and you just left because of Sehun - you don't care about me at all. No one does, everyone just keeps leaving me! Well you know what, I don't need you either - you can go back to Sehun and cuddle him and...

He stops, overcome and starts crying in earnest, turning back towards the wall. Suho blinks and shakes his head - he's completely forgotten how touchy Tao has become ever since Kris's emotional withdrawal.

The cub loves him and he is still young enough that he doesn't completely understand what the elder is going through or why he's retreated away from everyone. Of course he sees it as abandonment.

Sadly, he has also become highly insecure about his relationship with other elders, especially Suho whom he considers his mom - which, Suho thinks sardonically as he goes over to hug the cub, he might as well be for all practical purposes.

Tao buries his head in Suho's shoulder and cries his heart out, mumbling everything he's been feeling - which is a lot for just one day but Suho knows Tao is an emotional one, so he tries his best to comfort him. At last, Tao's tears dry out and his hiccups fade into silence.

Suho, his shoulder now aching because lets face it, Tao is much too big and has been leaning all his weight on the leader for the past thirty minutes, gently tries to straighten the cub and ease away. Only to grimace when Tao's arms tighten around him in a more secure hug that nearly chokes him. He pats his shoulder but the snore informs him the cub has fallen asleep. He sighs, knowing he won't be able to get away without help - which can take some time, seeing as none of the others are home at this time.  

Suho (patting Tao's head): What am I going to do with you?

Tao (snuggling closer, mumbling): Gucci...

Suho (outraged): Ya, after all this... is this what you dream about??? (Pushes him away and somehow manages to get buried underneath him) CHANYEOL!!! D.O!!!! HEEELPPP!!!

Tao (giggles in his sleep): Mommy's funny.