Scene 16: In which D.O does not identify with the alternative lifestyle of

EXO Journal: A Voyage through the Galaxy

Dear Diary  EXPERIMENT#1

Research Question: Does D.O identify with the alternative lifestyle of ?

Objectives: To find out if D.O identifies positively with the alternative lifestyle of

Hypothesis:

Null: There is no relationship between D.O and

Alternative: There is a positive relationship between D.O and

Variables:

Independent Variable:

Dependent Variable: D.O

Operational Definition of Variables:

D.O: A tiny, misleadingly squishy Legend who has more power than is healthy (for all the other Legends, especially Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Chen) with a passion for wrestling and putting people in headlocks. He is measured in centimeters (173) and his actions, particularly those of the violent and harsh nature, shall be recorded on paper over a period of one week of thorough, systematic observation conducted by the researchers. Each violent action shall be corresponded to the expression of pleasure on his face (objective measure) and reported satisfaction (self-report measure).

: a thorough investigation of his room to find out toys, CDs and other stuff that might indicate an interest in the field complemented by an interview regarding his awareness and interest in the area to be conducted by Chen Chanyeol Baekhyun Suho

Suho (reading the proposal): Why me?

Baekhyun (eagerly): Because you are the leader, so he has to answer you.

Chen and Chanyeol nod in agreement.

Chen: He can't say no.

Chanyeol: Plus he likes you.

Suho (frowning): I don't see why you have to find this out, though. I mean, it's his personal matter…

Baekhyun (interrupting him): Of course we have to find out! Chen lives in the room with him, what if he suddenly decides to tie him up?

Chen (nodding): What if he does? He's too strong, I won't even be able to fight him!

Chanyeol (getting horrified at the thought, squishes Chen into a hug): I'll come and save you!

Chen (staring at him with big eyes): Would you really?

Chanyeol (nodding vehemently): I will.

Chen (hugging him back): Aw, you're the best!

Baekhyun (grossed out): Ew, get a room you two! (To Suho): See, this is why…

Suho (shaking his head): No.

Baekhyun (whining): But…

Suho (handing the journal back): I have no interest in finding out what he gets up to when he is in his room and if…

D.O (appearing in the doorway): Who gets up to what in his room? (Eyes the beagle line suspiciously before yanking Chanyeol down into headlock) Hmm?

Chanyeol smacks Baekhyun's with his leg, nodding towards the journal. Baekhyun hurriedly opens it up, pen poised to make observations as Chen silently slips beside him.

Suho (shaking his head at their antics): Nothing. And let Chanyeol go, D.O. Why'd you do that?

D.O (reluctantly loosening his hold): I like putting him in a headlock.

Chanyeol, Chen and Baekhyun share a significant look, making Suho roll his eyes. They argue among themselves before Chen is pushed to forefront.

Chen (getting straight to the point): Are you like… ?

D.O's wide eyes widen threateningly and Chen gulps, suddenly dragging Baekhyun in front of him. Baekhyun gulps and yanks Chanyeol to the front and Chanyeol ducks his head resignedly, knowing D.O will drag him into a headlock again. D.O obliges.

D.O: I don't think I have to answer this question. It's my personal matter.

Chen (out of the corner of his mouth): That’s a yes!

D.O (glaring): That is not a yes, don't twist my words!

Baekhyun (nodding obediently): Of course not! (Notes down yes as answer).

D.O (growling because he knows what Baekhyun's done): I mean it!

Baekhyun (hiding the journal behind his back): Of course.

Chanyeol gasps as D.O's grip tightens around his neck angrily before he's mercifully released and falls to the floor, gasping and clutching at his throat. Chen falls to his side, patting his back and offering him mouth-to-mouth, which he declines. Meanwhile Baekhyun is running around the room, the Journal held over his head as D.O dashes behind him, intent on getting the book. Baekhyun's foot tangles with a stool and he falls down, hands thrown out to break it. He yelps when D.O lands on his back, clawing at the journal and he tosses it at Chen who fumbles with it, dropping it on Chanyeol's head before kicking it. It lobs, landing into Suho's lap.

There's momentary silence in which all four Legends stare at the leader and he stares back at them. Finally he sighs and flips the journal open, taking a pen and holding it over the section titled Conclusion.

Suho (sighing because this is stupid): So, are you into ?

D.O (blinks in surprise): No, why'd you ask?

Suho (nodding as he jots a 'NO'): Nothing, just curious.

Baekhyun (sending a grateful look at the leader): So… (Pokes D.O's side) You can let go of my throat now.

D.O (glances down at the fingers he has wrapped around Baekhyun's neck, smirks evilly): I don't think so.

Baekhyun (gulps audibly): Pretty please… with cherries on top of me?

D.O (snorts as the image of Baekhyun with a cherry on top of his head appears in front of him): Idiot! (Fondly smacks his head which makes Baekhyun's brain rattle inside but he's happy to be alive, to Suho) I'll be in my room.

The beagles wait until D.O is out of earshot before hurrying to the take the journal from Suho (Thanks, you're the best, they tell him) and following D.O to his room. When Suho next sees them, they are standing with their ears pressed against the door and scribbling furiously on the journal. He shakes his head because these idiots are supposed to be older and take care of the cubs. Geez…

Speaking of cubs, Tao's calling for him again and Sehun is making too much noise for just one person. Suho rubs his forehead before going to the cubs, ruffling Kai's hair as the cub does his homework.

EXPERIMENT #1:

Conclusion:

The results of this experiment were rather disappointing but it turns out that D.O does not, in fact, like . He just likes beating us up because he said and I quote, 'You're annoying!'

Notes:

Dude, he doesn’t understand we were doing all of it in the spirit of scientific inquiry, really. Did he have to get so violent? I don't think he should be allowed to watch Shingeki no Kyojin, its bad influence.

Oooh, I have an idea. Can D.O turn into a Titan? I guess we can explore it later, right?

Shut up Baek. You two run away, I'm the only one who gets hurt in the end.

Spoilsport! :P 

........................................

A/N:

Sixteen years of education and this is where I use my knowledge... my supervisor will kill me if she ever gets sees this, kekeke. But really, I think research would be so much more interesting if we could apply it to practical questions like this, am I right or am I left? 

Anyway, so yeah... I know I've said it before but if you guys have any crazy ideas, any situation you'd like to see your favorite dorks in, do tell me... and I'll see if I can whip up anything :) 

I have plenty of ideas, so don't worry, those will continue but please, do comment and let me know what you guys think :) 

Oh and EXOluXion :3 YAY!!! I hope this year is better than the previous one for both EXO and EXO-Ls.

Alright then, until later <3