Scene 10: In which Tao is too young to date

EXO Journal: A Voyage through the Galaxy

Or alternatively: Tao plays Twenty Questions with Luna and proves just how childish he is

Dear Diary, I think I'm missing something here but I'm not sure what…

Sehun peeks over Tao's shoulder and Tao half-heartedly tries to push him away but then decides that it's pointless. Besides, he might be useful and help Tao understand what the hell just happened.

Sehun: What happened?

Tao (noncommittally because he'd never give Sehun the satisfaction of just coming out and asking his help): Nothing.

Sehun (snorts): Right. And that's why you need to ask your diary for help!

Tao (loftily): It’s a journal. And I'm just writing down my feelings, which, I might remind you, is what you're supposed to be doing.

Sehun (scrunches his nose): Thanks but I'd rather not do something so girly. (Pretends to puke)

Tao: Journal writing is an excellent habit that will help you polish your writing style and discipline your mind. It’s a habit endorsed by some of the greatest minds in…

Sehun (Stalling him before he goes off into one of his passionate speeches about self-discipline): Yeah yeah, whatever. Now spill. What happened?

He a hip against Tao's study table before deciding the edge is too sharp and uses his to empty the table top of Tao's belongings, throwing the books down and seating his in their place. Tao purses his lips, resisting the urge to snap at him for being so careless but he actually kind of needs Sehun's help with this, so he refrains. Sehun swings his legs about, hitting Tao's thighs and knocking on the drawers and the smirk on his face shows that he's well aware of how annoying this is for Tao. Tao takes a deep breath and prays for patience.

Sehun (still swinging his legs, prompts him): So?

Tao (sighing): I was just talking to Luna… woah! (blinks) Sehun?

Sehun has jumped from his place and rushed to the door, sticking his head out.

Sehun (ignoring him): Ya!!! Come in here, you gotta hear this! KAI!!!

There's a zipping sound and Kai appears, rubbing his already sleepy eyes sleepily.

Kai (yawning): Whaaauuut?

He glances around sleepily then plops on Tao's table. Sehun returns, empties the other side of Tao's table and sits down.   

Sehun (to Kai): Get this, Taotao was talking his girlfriend!

Tao (blushing): Don't call me Taotao!

Sehun (pointing his finger): AHA! So you don't deny she's your girlfriend!

Tao (still blushing though he's not sure why): It's like you said, she's a girl and she's my friend.

Kai coughs out a laugh at that. Sehun looks torn between laughing gleefully for getting Tao to admit Luna is his girlfriend or shaking his head at his Shadow's obliviousness. He settles on smacking Tao's head affectionately.

Sehun (sincerely): You're such an idiot!

Tao (frowning fearsomely): WHAT?

Sehun (smiling): So, what did you guys talk about?

Tao ( his lips nervously because this is the root of his current dilemma aka the feeling that he's missing something): Um… we played a game.

Sehun and Kai share a look, then lean forward simultaneously.

Sehun (demanding): What game?

Tao: Twenty Questions.

There's a whoop and suddenly, Baekhyun, Chen and Chanyeol are crowding inside the room, Chen supporting a stumbing Lay and Chanyeol dragging D.O by the scruff of his neck.

Baekhyun (jumping into Sehun's lap and placing his legs on the arms to Tao's chair, caging him in): What did she ask?

Tao (swallowing nervously because he sounds rather threatening): Um… some weird things.

Chen (appearing over Tao's shoulder): How weird?

Tao (eyeing him nervously): She wanted to know if I wear boxers or briefs.

Chanyeol (with a growling D.O because he is still holding the scruff of his neck): That's all?

Tao (getting defensive because somehow they all sound rather patronizing): NO! She also asked me if I ever ted!

Sehun coughs, Baekhyun chokes on the cracker he's just put in his mouth and Kai slaps his back to ease the air flow. He knocks his hands away, ing his face in front of Tao, who backs off in alarm. Chen is whooping like Christmas came early, Chanyeol smacking his legs like mad and even D.O has stopped growling, eyeing him curiously. Only Lay looks confused, which, in Tao's opinion, is the proper reaction to this statement.

Lay (confusedly): What's ted?

Tao (gesturing excitedly): Yes, thank you! That's exactly what I said!

Sehun smacks a hand over his face, rolling his eyes and praying to chocolate gods to grant him the patience to deal with this over-grown child. Lay, he can excuse because he's a unicorn and thus innocent but Tao has no excuse, absolutely NO excuse, especially considering his looks – he goes around looking like a loan shark. He wonders if he should smack his Shadow but decides against it because Baekhyun looks like he'll handle this one.

Baekhyun (incredulous): You don't know? Wait, you seriously don't know?

Tao (crossing his arms and looking close to tears): No, I don't! And why are you acting like it's such a big deal? Lay doesn't know either!

Lay (nodding in agreement): Yes, I don't know.

Baekhyun dismisses Lay's statement and Chen pats his shoulder (its okay, you shouldn't, either). He stands up, swings Tao's chair around and puts out his hand in silent demand. Tao sulks for a second before putting his cellphone in Baekhyun's hand. Baekhyun types in his password without batting an eye (Tao's eyes expand then well up because no one respects his privacy) and moments later, he's swiping through his conversation.

Luna: Hey Tao, are you free right now?

Tao: Yeah.

Luna; Wanna play a game?

Tao: What game?

Luna: It's called twenty questions. I'll ask you twenty questions and you have to answer them honestly. No lies.

Tao: And?

Luna: Then you can ask me twenty questions about anything you want to know about me. Anything. ;-) :-*

Tao: What's the prize?

Luna: Um… we get close to each other?

Tao: Oh… so it's about strengthening our friendship?

Luna: I guess… so, wanna play??? :3

Tao: Ok.

Luna: Here goes. Do you like talking naughty? >///<

Tao: I like making fun of people, sometimes. Does that count?

Luna: Oh. Well… next question. Do you check me out when I walk away?

Tao: No because it's rude to stare. You shouldn't do it either.

Luna: Whatever. Do you think you’re a good kisser?

Tao: What kind of questions are you asking? Tch. How am I supposed to know that?

Luna: You're frustrating, you know that? Next question: Has anyone ever accidentally seen you ?

Tao: Geez that's none of your business.

Luna: So, they have. Who was it?

Tao: I didn't say that! And why would I tell you?  

Luna: Spoilsport :-P Okay, have you ever skinny dipped?

Tao: Duh. You?

Luna: Thank god. Yes, yes I have.

Tao: It's fun.

Luna: Ahan. So, what are you wearing right now? *

Baekhyun glances at Tao, taking in his attire – sweatpants and tank top.

Tao: my night suit… sweatpants, tank top… I usually take it off though.

Baekhyun sighs, thinking Tao may not be as bad as he'd initially thought.

Luna: Really? I wish I could see you. Send me a picture?

Tao: Nope, I look ugly.

Luna: I sincerely doubt that. You always look so good, it's unfair.

Tao: Thanks, I work out a lot. And I take care to wash my face every night before I go to bed. Put on moisturizer and cream. Good skin doesn't just happen, it takes effort.

Luna: And we're back.

Baekhyun silently sympathizes with the girl.  

            Luna: So, what’s the iest outfit a girl should wear to turn you on?

Tao: Come again? ???

Luna: Never mind. What kind of outfit would look best on me?

Tao: Something not that outrageous shirt you wore today, that’s for sure.

Luna: It was pretty! Ugh. Would you help me pick that outfit if I asked you to?

Tao: Please. I'll make sure you never wear anything that atrocious again.

Luna: You're the worst. Next question: what’s your favorite part of a girl’s body?

Tao: Cheeks. Because they’re pinchable

Luna: Of course it's cheeks. Which part of a girl’s body do you think tattoos look best?

Tao: I don’t think tattoos are a good idea anywhere – they're unhealthy… and what if you get hurt? Hmm?

Luna: Just… stop, okay? What do you wear when you go to bed?

Luna: You know what, change that. Boxers or briefs?

Tao: WHY are you so interested in my underwear?? I'm not saying!

Luna: Its briefs, isn't it? Cool. How do you like a good massage from a girl?

Tao: I'd prefer guys, if I must because I don't think girls would be able to put the force behind it.

Luna: Chauvinistic pig.

Tao: Excuse me? Girls just don’t have the upper body strength! That is not chauvinistic, it’s a fact!! I respect girls!

Luna: I think I told you to stop. Let's just end this game, okay? I don't know why I bothered anyway. What’s your idea of good ?

Tao: Stop talking in riddles, okay? And you started it, I didn’t ask you to. And what the hell is ? Is this something to do with soccer? Because I can ask Luhan.

Luna: Just how old are you, again?

Tao: 22. Why?

Luna: I think you're 12 but you can ask your mom again.

Tao: I'm 22! I celebrated my birthday, okay?

Luna: Sure, sure. What’s your favorite fantasy?

Tao: I’ve always wanted to be a superhero

Luna: As I said, 12. Do you think we’d do something funny if we get drunk together?

Tao: I don’t drink but I'll drive you home if you want to get drunk. I guess.

Luna: Have you ever ted your picture?

Tao: What's ted?

Luna: Ask your dad.  Have you ever felt while texting on the phone?

Tao: What’s ?

Luna: Again, ask your dad. If I was with you right now, what would you do to me?

Tao: You talk so weirdly, did anyone ever tell you that? There's just no connection between your questions, no logical train of thought. Seriously… well, I'll teach you martial arts – I think we should take it up to grappling since you’ve mastered locks.

Luna: Figures. And no, my thought process is perfectly fine, you suffer from retardation. Get that fixed okay? I was just playing the game because I promised Victoria I'd follow this stupid guide but whatever. Good night.

Tao: You didn't ask the twentieth question.

Luna: You were counting?

Tao: Duh. And what about my turn?

Luna: Um… can we do it some other time? I have to go beat Tori and then cry.

Tao: Why?

Luna: Because apparently I'm a pedo… never mind. We can play later, okay? Just… ugh, just answer this last question because my friends aren’t leaving me alone until I ask. Okay?

Tao: Oh… okay. What is it?

Luna: Will you go out on a date with me?

Tao: Oh… I'm sorry but I'm too young for that. Suho said I can't do it until I'm mature so…

Luna: He's a wonderful father. Tell him thanks from me, okay? And take care of yourself. He's right, you are too young to date. Grow up, okay? Night.

Tao: Good night.

Baekhyun sighs, passing the phone to Sehun and eyeing Tao critically. The cub looks grown up, that's for sure and he's filled out nicely thanks to his craze for working out but really, he has a long, long way to go. He sighs again, feeling very motherly all of a sudden and pats his head before dropping a kiss on his head and heading out. (Come on, leave the kids alone). Sehun and Kai take some time to browse through the texts and in the end, Sehun feels much the same way as Baekhyun. Kai, however, is laughing.

Kai (to Tao): Hey, next time you see Luhan, do ask him about .

Tao (excited): So it is about soccer! Yes, I knew it!

Kai nods and ruffles his hair, much to Tao's annoyance, then vanishes with a zipping sound. Sehun puts the cellphone on the table and crouches in front of Tao.

Sehun: How the hell are you older than me?

Tao (seriously): I was born earlier.

Sehun (shaking his head): So, you were uncomfortable about this?

Tao: I feel like I'm missing something here.

Sehun (nodding sympathetically): Ahan… and you have no idea what it is?

Tao shakes his head mutely. Sehun nods again and pats his head.

Sehun: You'll understand when you mature. And you can ask Suho as well.

Tao: Okay.

Sehun stands up to leave, so Tao grabs his arm

Tao:  Can you hand me my panda?

Sehun throws it at him, then strides out, yelling for Suho (He wants to sleep, go tuck him in!!!). Tao wonders if he's being too childish, then discards it. He's a cub, it's his right. If grownups want him to understand grown up stuff, they should wait until he's a grown up as well. Ah well, he needs to finish his diary.

Dear diary, I wonder what I should ask her? 

.....................................

A/N

Wow, its been a long time since I last wrote one of these bonus scenes, hehe. Well, I hope you guys enjoy it - I certainly had fun writing this down. There's no linear order to the happenings in this story... they just happen in whatever crazy sequence they pop up in my head. 

Okay then, enjoy :3