A lady never shows she's pissed off, composure is always FIRST

The Nerd and the Nutcase (A Series of Unexpected Events)

 I was walking towards the school grounds, when someone went into my way. I looked and saw the girl who was sitting with Jess the other night.

 "Hi," she smiled at me. 

 "Hello," I smiled back. "How can I help you?"

 "Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Fhaye." she held out her hand to me. She is very pretty. Prettier than Blaire, Kirsten, and even Jean. She has  the to-die for smile, dainty face and blonde curls. A very perfect girl.

 "I'm Darlene," I shook her hand. "Anything I can help?"

Her pretty face turned serious. "Can I talk with you for a while? Over coffee. There's this coffee shop around the corner."

 "Uhm, sure." I replied.

Uh-Oh.

**

 She as stirring her cup continuously, and nervously. What does she need to tell me? I was getting the nerves as well. Darn.

 "I saw you that night with .. is that your boyfriend?" she asked.

I nodded in reply.  " He's Junhoe. Yes, he is my boyfriend."

"How long have you been together?"

"About eight months." I smiled. "Anyway, is that what were going to talk about?"

"Actually.." she was trying not to look at me. "It's about..Donghyuk." Shoot. I'm right. He's the thing here.

"What about him?"

"Do you still like him?"

**

 It was my turn to stir my cup nervously. I sipped it, and it fell on my throat like rocks. She was asking me if I like Donghyuk?! I looked at her and saw she was looking at me eye-to-eye. She really wants answers.

 "He was my bestfriend." I told her. "But then all of a sudden, he changed. He suddenly built this wall from me." . Was that the best answer I can tell her?

 Fhaye went silent again. "But you did like him back, right?"

How transparent I am that even a total stanger can tell how much I like him? Darn.  "I do. I did." I finally accepted my fate. "As much as I am wanting to stop this feeling, it's growing much more." I sighed. "Back then, I wished he was the one who holds my hand, the one who makes me laugh, the one who makes me feel loved every single moment. But with just a blink of an eye, he was gone. And Junhoe was there, giving me everything I needed, and even the ones I don't expect of. He changed for me."

 

 She paused again. "Maybe, love is definitely a sacrifice." she sighed. "But me? I never had done anything for him. He was the happiest guy back then, But I wasted him. For my dreams.  I left him there, all alone. While I was selfishly doing something for myself. Then, I realized. Nothing is good without Donghyuk. I wasn't happy without him. So I came back to tell him how much I regret of my decisions back then."

 

 I saw it in her eyes. The pure honesty of everything she was saying. The regret, the love. Its true. They can make a good couple. No, not good, but a perfect one. She is beautiful. Very. Me? Unappealing. Little Miss Perfect meets The Imperfect One. It made me look less of myself.

 

 "And, luckily, he gave me a second chance." her face lit up. My body froze. I was trembling. Darn. No way. 

 "Oh, he did?" I asked trying to control my emotions.

 "Yes." and she was smiling happily. Then maybe she saw my expression. "Oh, I am sorry for my being insensitive."

 I felt my cheeks. It was warm. I wiped it off and saw tears. I am crying. Darn that I am crying in front of her. " No, it's fine. It's tears of joy for my bestfriend." Lame excuse. Mental head slap.

 "Are you alright?"

 "Yeah, I'm good. I just need to go to the restroom. If you'll excuse me.." and I ran there right away. I cried my heart out. I was ready for this but I never thought it would be this painful. 

 "I hate you. ." I whispered in between sobs. My phone rang. It's Junhoe. I gathered myself up and  answered.

"Yes?"

"Babe," he said. " Where are you? We better get ready. Your parents are waiting for us. Dinner. Remember?"

"Oh yeah, yeah. I just talked with a friend. I'l be right there."

"Okay. Take care. I love you." he said.

"Okay.. I.. l-l-ike you too." . .

 

 I washed my face and left.

 

-end-