JEALOUS DONGHYUK

The Nerd and the Nutcase (A Series of Unexpected Events)

 Donghyuk was lying in his bed, looking at his phone. Nine missed calls. Jean Kravitz.

He barely knew her. All he knows is that she was the Cheeries Captain, Pretty. Perfect. He just agreed to go with her on night, and was shocked that she kissed him. He saw Darlene on the window. And he hated that he did not even pulled himself back. He wanted to knock on her house, and explain he didn't know anything about it. But would she care? She has a secret admirer giving her roses everyday. Then there came Junhoe. Did she even tried to ask him why is he taking his distance? No. Did she notice he was jealous?  Hell, no. He wanted to freak out when he saw her staring at Junhoe earlier. "She never stared at me like that." he said to himself.

 He looked at his phone again. Twelve missed calls. Jean Kravitz. "No messages from her.  Even a simple hi." he told himself.

"Girls don't make the first move, darling." It was his mom. She heard her from outside. "Darlene's just a couple of steps away, why don't you go there to see her like before?"

"She might be busy talking with her admirer." he replied, rolling his eyes

" Oh, I see my son's jealous," his mom teased. "but pouting in your room doing nothing won't make any difference."

"I saw him driving her to school. And he held her hand."

"And you're jealous?"

"No, I am not mom."

"Yes, you are,"

"Am not, Mom."

She held his chin up. "You are my son, and I know you are jealous."

He looked down and threw his arms up. "Okay Mom, you win, I am jealous."

"And why is it?" his mom sat on his bed beside him.

"Because she's happy with him."

"Are you sure?"

 

 Am I? He asked himself. He saw her smiling back at him. That is concrete evidence. But also, when she looked at him, her eyes were sad. Whatever. All he knows is that he's real jealous.

"You know, son, love does not envy. I f you love her, tell her. Don't keep it inside. Show it." she stood up and wiped her eyes. " Oh, I'm about to weep. My son's a big boy."

"Stop that, mom." he groaned.

"You told me when you were three, that I am the only girl for you."

"I was a kid back then, Mom."

"And now, you're falling in love." she sighed. She stood up and went for the  door, " Keep it up, son."

 

 He was all alone again. He remembered the time they first met. She thought he was some . He laughed about it. But since then, she never failed to cross his mind. Her smile, her brown eyes, outsmarting him everytime, making him crazy and her goodnight posts on her window. He loved her eversince. He misses Darlene.

 

Just as we was about to close his eyes, he saw her closing her blinds. He turned his back, "She didn't even said goodnight."  He looked at his phone again. Nineteen missed calls. Jean Kravitz. He sighed and slept.

 

 Another day. Another day bothered by Jean. Another day without her. He saw her combing her hair at the mirror. She has her hair down. She wears no glasses, and she wore a plaid shirt, skinny jeans and pumps. She changed from wearing blouses and skirts and ponytails. She looks.. wonderful. "Pretty," he smiled at the thought.

 

 He heard Jean's horn on their lot, and saw her, getting in Junhoe's car again. He used the back door and went the other way so that Jean won't see him. Then, he called a cab. His thought were clouded by Darlene. How she changed today. He wanted to tell that she's beautiful,  with or without glasses but he can't. Damn, he can't. His pride won't let him.

 As he was walking on the hallway, Jean appeared and went his way. " Why aren't you answering my calls? You even left without me this morning."

"Why should I?" he asked sarcastically.

"Because from now on, YOU'RE MINE."

"No, I am not." he said to her straight in the eyes.

"You can't dump me. Nobody can dump me!!!" she shrieked.

"Well, I just did Jean. I am DUMPING YOU." he walked away, then stopped and looked at her again. " Don't call me again. I don't want it. It makes you look...CHEAP." and he continued walking, leaving Jean purple with humiliation.

 

"Another rose from Mystery Guy," Kirsten said while handing Darlene a bunch of roses. "And can I just say you look great today?!"

"Thanks." she said shyly, reading the card. " Oh,oh. He wants to meet me at the rooftop tomorrow at 6pm."

"Exciting." Blaire teased.

 

 Then, he realized, no way is he telling it on the other days. Mr. Mystery is showing up tomorrow. Junhoe is there everyday. He must tell it today. But, how? Whatever. He'll just do it his way.

 

-end-