CONFESSIONS

The Nerd and the Nutcase (A Series of Unexpected Events)

 "How time flies," Junhoe sighed. We were at the park, sitting on one of the benches there.

 "Yeah, it was like yesterday when we were fighting." I laughed at the thought.

  He kissed my hand. " Thank you for giving me another life, Babe."

 "You gave that to yourself. I just helped you to figure out things."

**

 Then, coincidentally, Donghyuk was there too. With Fhaye, they were walking. They seemed happy. And I envy that. It gives me a pit in my stomach. Without knowing, Junhoe was seeing my reaction towards the scene. 

 

 "Can I ask you something?" he said. His face was down, kicking some pebbles.

 "What is it?"

 "You still like him, don't you?"

 It made me swallow everything I can swallow. Gosh. Strike Two. It was clear for him. Even my answer is obviously clear too. He smiled bitterly.

 "Remember that time when you asked me if you can check up on him? I was still there and waited for you to go out. I saw you go out. And you were crying. I wanted to go there, but I know that won't change anything. I would just hurt myself more. I know you are afraid of hurting me. And not of losing me."

 

 . . . He knew everything. Everything I wanted him not to. I hurted him well. Nice one to myself.

 

 "I wanted tio go there and punch him in the face that night. Just for him to feel the hurt he made you feel. But I know that won't change anything. That won't make you love me rather than him." he continued.

 

 "I am yours, Junhoe. Believe me." I held his hand. "You never had hurt me. You showed me love more than I needed."

 

 "No, you weren't. Coz if you were mine, you should have told me you love me too. You were his all the time. I never had replaced him." he smiled. "Do not sacrifice yourself for me. Love is not always about sacrifices. You must also fight for the one you love. Because you might not get him back anymore."

 

 "How about you?" I asked him.

 

 "You have done enough for me. Thanks to you, I have now plans and goals in life. I knew how to trust people again. And what I need to do in return is to help you do something for yourself.  Don't worry. I'll be fine. Seeing you happy will make me contented. Move now. Or else, it would be too late." he pulled me up. "I will miss you Darlene. I will. But if that nutcase, would ever hurt my nerdy for the last time, I would get you back from him. Understood?"

 

 I was in tears. He was too. He hugged me for the last time.

 

 

 Meanwhile,  Donghyuk and Fhaye was talking too.

 

 "Mission accomplished. I told her everything you told me too. I was guilty of myself seeing her cry there. I hate you." she told him.

 He just sighed. "That would be better. In that way, she would be happier with him."

 Fhaye pulled my hair. " Why are you deciding for her life? I hate you."

 "Ouch!" I said. "I know her. She says everything she thinks. Especially to me. So that just means she doen't care."

 "Silly! Dumb!" Fhaye was hitting him hard. " Some girls can't tell their feeling not unless initiated.." she told me.

 "Could you just stop hitting me!" I told her. "Now, how can you tell me your feelings while she can't?" he was raising an eyebrow.

 "Because, I am different." she looks proud of herself.

 "Okay, okay. But I already told her I love her. But she rejected me." 

 "Actions speaks louder than words my dear. Gosh. That's a no-brainer. If you love her. Go fight for her. Or I can tell her that.."

 "No need." he said. "I'll tell her."

 "Good! I wished you were that brave before."

 "I was. But you were braver." Donghyuk said, ruffling her hair.

 

 

-end-