THE UNEXPECTED.. SUITOR (?)

The Nerd and the Nutcase (A Series of Unexpected Events)

Everything seemed normal. I woke up, got ready for school and saw Donghyuk outside waiting for me. It's been going on for three months. We have been friends. Best of, maybe. Sometimes, it feels as if seeing him waiting for me outside our house.. makes my day. Butterflies in my stomach. I gasped for breath as I walked outside. He smiled at me. I gasped again. It makes me remember that night when we first met.

 "Hey lady, when are we going to start walking?" Donghyuk asked me. "Are you alright?"

 " Oh, yes, I am. Yes." I laughed nervously, trying not to look in his eyes.

 He grabbed my wrist and slid it in his arm. He walked proudly, while I'm doing the opposite. Our classmates looked at us, as if having this big question mark on their faces. Is it really weird to see a cute guy hanging out with a nerdy girl? 

 "By the way, I might not be eating lunch with you later." Donghyuk said, as we are heading to the classroom. "I'm having my basketball practice. Is that fine with you?"

 I nodded. " Of course, it's not a problem. I mean.."

 " I'm just worried Junhoe would bully you there. Those punks really piss me off." he said.

I blushed. He's a total superhero. He never lets anybody hurt me. I.. like it.

 " Don't worry, We'll be taking care of her for the meantime." It was Blaire, the volleyball team captain. She a bottle blonde with attitude. She has a smile to die for and a nice personality.

 "Yes," another agreed. It was Kirsten, Blaire's bestfriend. She's a hazel-eyed girl with long black hair. When she smiles, her eyes seems to be a thin line. It's cute. "We'll take care of Darlene for you."

 "Thanks girls. I know she's safe with you." he replied.

 As we enter the classroom, everybody went silent.

 "Creepy," the volleyball sisters giggled.

 I looked up. No paintballs nor eggs. I looked down. No banana peelings. Blaire's eyes went big when she saw something on my desk.

 "Look!" she said excitedly. I looked at what she's pointing. It's ROSES! Bouquet of roses?! No way. I took it and went in front of our room.

 " Who's prank is this?" I asked. Nobody answered. "It's not funny,you know."

 " I think it's not a prank." Gia, the class president said. "I saw that when I got here. I was the first one in the room."

 " It looks like it has a card." Kirsten said. I took the pink little card and it read, " Sorry."

 "Who would be sorry for me?" I looked at Donghyuk with wonder. A part of me was wishing it was him.

 " I don't know. Might be somebody who did something bad to you." he replied, but with a low voice.

 Then like all spoilers, Stacie the Great announced, " Oh my! Might be! A geek from the other room! You look the same, by the way." she laughed, when suddenly, a ball hit her face. Stacie was all red. "Who did that?!?"

 " I did." Junhoe said. "You're being to noisy. I hate it."

 Stacie went purple with much more embarassment. She stomped her heels on the floor and walked out.

 Who is this guy who is SORRY? I wish it was Donghyuk. But I think he isn't the one.

If not Donghyuk, who?

 

-end-