HAPPY ENDING (?)

The Nerd and the Nutcase (A Series of Unexpected Events)

 I was staring at the window, again. I am merely, and stupidly waiting for a call. Actually, I was waiting for Donghyuk to call me. I deleted his number when I found out that he reconciled with Fhaye. And stupidly, again, I memorized his number by heart. Now, I am waiting for a call from an unregistered number which I know and memorize by heart. Dumb.

 There were like butterflies in my stomach when my phone rang. Unregistered, just what I hoped for. I tried to pretend like I wasn't excited to hear from him, but actually, my heart was. Really.

 "Hello?" I said.

 "Uh, Hi,"  just the voice I wanted to hear. And I was beginning to hate myself. Desperate Darlene.

 "How are you?" I asked him.

 "You..actually know who I am?" he seemed shocked.

 "Of, course."

 "But.."

 "Please Donghyuk, no more games. I know who you are. I know you." I stressed an emphasis there. "Is there anything you want to say?"

 "Can we talk outside?" he asked. I mean, that was the best thing he can ever tell me, or ask me?

 "Oh..sure, just a moment." and I hung up. My knees became far too weak. My hands shivered. Cold and sweaty. Darn, it was just a talk Darlene. Keep your calm. I told myself. I went downstairs. Actually I rushed downstairs, and I saw him there, standing, waiting for me. Like a prince waiting for his princess to come out. , am I atually daydreaming again? It's just a talk my dear.

 

 He smiled when I came out. "What is it?" I asked him.

 "Uhm, I just wanna tell you that me and Fhaye, it was just...not real." he sighed.

 "What?" I said.

 "I just asked her to tell you those things so that you can start to..forget me." 

 "And why is it so?" this is becoming more nerve-wrecking.

 "Because you were hurting so much. And it's all because of me. And I will be moving on, and that requires without you." he looked down.

 "So you just came to tell me this?!" I was becoming hysterical. I wanna hit him, but I know I can't. Darn this assuming part of me. I turned my back to leave, but he pulled me closer, hugging me from behind.

 "Just let me finish. You always don't let me finish what I'm saying." he said.

 I looked at him and pushed him away "Okay, continue."

 "My dad had this job offer to London. Unfortunately, for me, he accepted the offer. After this school year, we will be moving there." he was totally sad. I was too. I won't see him?! Let me die. "And its in two months time. So before that happens, I know it's crazy, but I want you to know that.. I love you very much. I love you, Darlene."

 And it was like this Last Song Syndrome. Repeating in my ears, again and again. Darn. Darn.

 

 

 "I love you too," I blurted out. "But I know I can't do anything for you. Fhaye was the perfect person for you. She sacrificed everything just to have you back."

 

 "She isn't. She even wasn't. I accepted that years ago, just before you came to my life." he held me CLOSER. yeah, C-L-O-S-E-R.

 

 " But you'll be leaving, right?!" I asked him.

 "Yes. You know I have to. But didn't you remeber? Unhappy ending means a continuation. And when I come back, and you're still there, that would be destiny."

 

 "I will wait for you. I promise you." I told him.

 

 "Peter Pan said, Never say goodbye. Because goodbye leads to letting go, and letting go leads to forgetting. So I will see you soon. Okay?"

 

 "Yes." I nodded as he leaned to me closer, putting his lips to mine.

 

 

 

-end-