SAD "FHAYE"-RYTALE

The Nerd and the Nutcase (A Series of Unexpected Events)

Donghyuk sat on their front porch, looking at his phone. He is deciding whether to call Darlene or not. He sighed and looked in the night sky. He remembered the night when he confessed to her everything. And she rejected him. She left him for good. He was left alone. She chose Junhoe. It was far too late for him.

 At the midst of his thinking. He heard a familiar voice. "Everything alright?" Then, someone touched his shoulder. He knows it wasn't his mother. His parents were out for dinner. He wished it was Darlene at the ack of his mind, but he was shocked when he saw who it was.

 "F-Fhaye?" he froze.

 The girl smiled at her.  She has a long black hair, hazel eyes, and a small. "Hello, Donghyuk."

 Fhaye was his ex-girlfriend. She was his first love. They have been together for years, then she decided to leave for France. A ballet school there accepted her. Love over dreams, she chose to pursue her dreams and leave him behind there. The first girl to leave him is now here while he was left by the new girl he loved. He was shocked to see her after 5 long years.

 "What are you doing here?" he asked.

 Fhaye sat beside him. " Me? To stay for good. To start a new life. To restart." then looked at him with her mesmerizing eyes. He remebered how it felt looking at those eyes before. But it's different now. He last seen it when she left for France. "I missed you."

"If you really missed me, you should have came back earlier. Not five years later." he looked away.

" You know how that opportunity meant to me. It's my dream. What I wanted."

" And I didn't mean that much to you, right? I don't cost that importance."

" If you only knew how hard it was when I chose to leave." she looked down.

" If you only seen how devastated I was when you left me. How much I hoped you would come back for me." he said.

She held his hand tightly. " I am here. For you. For us. I totally regret of what I did. It's not what makes me happy. It was you. Without you, It can't be right."

Then a car parked. It was Junhoe's. Darlene got out of the car then, he kissed her on the forehead. She waved goodbye, and as she turned back, she saw him with Fhaye. And with the hands, of course. She shook her head lightly and continued walking.

"You're a real jerk, Donghyuk. I hate you." Darlene whispered to herself.

 He stared at her while she was walking away. He wanted to call her, but he didn't. He took his away from Fhaye's. "Just leave, Fhaye."

" I want you back."

"You should have realized that before.."

"Before what?" then she thought for a moment. "That girl. Who is she?"

"Just don't bring her up, please."

"You mean, you like her?" she smiled bitterly. " Is that why you can't work things with me?"

He just fell silent. He don't know what to say. 

"But she has someone else."

"Not before I left her. Because I had hurt her."

"Just like what I did to you. Left and hurt you." then she looked at him again. "But I won't give up.  I want you back. I won't let you go again."

"It's late. You know you must go home now. It's not nice for girls to go out in this time."

They stood up and headed to the road. They walked to the cab station.

"How's France?"

"Beautiful. Magical. But it seems, I don't belong there. I belong here."

"You lost a rare chance."

"Rare chance is having you back, not going to France."

"What if we can't work this out?"

"You know I'm a risk taker." and she smiled. They called a cab. "Thanks, for accompanying me. Goodnight Donghyuk." And she kissed him on the cheek.

**

 The next day, he was surprised to see Fhaye on their front porch, smiling.

"I have concert tickets in here. I was wondering if you can come with me?" she asked him.

"Sorry, Fhaye but.."

"But he would be very glad to come with you, honey" his mother said while smiling.

"Mom.." he complained.

It made Fhaye smile big. "Oh, that's great. So I'll be here at six in the evening?"

"Yeah," he nodded with disappointment. Fhaye was giggling as she left. He turned to his mom.

"Why did you do that Mom?"

"Do what?"

"That " I-would-be-more-than-happy thingy. ' You know that's a fib Mom. I don't want to be with her anymore." he said, crossing his arms.

" I did not say you go back with her. I just want you to enjoy, son. Be friends with her. You've been staying in the house for so long." she said, approaching him. " Maybe it's time to move on, son. Go with your life."

"Yeah. Maybe it is." Or maybe it isn't. He told himself. Darn he didn't know what to do.

 

-end-