chapter 27

You're my destiny

A couple of days later: 

Krystal smiled as her doctor walked in. “Good morning Krystal..How are you feeling??” The doctor asked as she sat down. “I’m fine..just a bit tired.” She answered. The doctor nodded as she opened the folder containing Krystal’s medical papers. “So no husband today huh?” The doctor asked as she placed the folder down on the desk. Krystal nodded as she ex-haled heavily. “Yeah he’s um..he’s been pretty busy lately.” Krystal lied. The doctor nodded. “I’m sure he’s wishing to be here right now.” The doctor replied. Krystal slightly smiled as she watched the doctor remove the stethoscope around her neck. “I know the nurses checked you but you know how I am…I just want to double check everything to make sure it’s all good.” The doctor said. “Yes of course.” Krystal responded. Checking Krystal’s heart, the doctor nodded her head. “Okay..” She muttered as she removed the stethoscope. She then took out the otoscope from her white coats pocket and began to check Krystal’s ears. Krystal patiently waited for her to finish. “Okay..all good.” The doctor said, taking a step back with a smile. Krystal smiled. “Now let’s check on the baby.” The doctor added. As Krystal began to move back, the door bursted open, causing the two to jump. “Mark..” Krystal called. “What are you doing here??” Krystal asked as her eyebrows furrowed. ‘I’m sorry I’m late..It’s just been pretty hectic..” Mark said, ignoring Krystal as he walked in. The doctor nodded. “We’re just about to check on the baby.” The doctor stated. Mark nodded as he sat down next to Krystal. 

After the regular check up, the doctor bid her goodbyes and then had left the room. Krystal grabbed her things, gathering them. “Why did you come?” She asked. Mark looked at Krystal. “It’s our child..why wouldn’t I come??” Mark asked back. Krystal remained silent as she put on her jacket. “Um…How are you??” Mark asked as his eyebrows rose. Krystal scoffed as she shook her head. Mark looked down. “You’re angry with me.” Mark said. Krystal looked at Mark. “I’m not angry.” She replied. “Krystal it’s okay—“ Mark was cut off. “It’s not.” Krystal said. Mark sighed. “You probably want nothing to do with me..” Mark paused for a moment. He sighed once more as he looked down. “I wouldn’t want anything to do with me…” Mark finished. Krystal remained silent as she looked down. Mark looked at Krystal as silence filled the air. After a couple of seconds, Mark opened his mouth to speak. “Say something..please..” Mark pleaded. Krystal looked at Mark. “What do you want me to say?” Krystal asked as she rose her eyebrows. “I don’t know..just say anything..” Mark answered. Krystal ex-haled heavily. “Alright..fine…you broke my goddam heart Mark…” She replied. Mark’s eyebrows furrowed as he looked down. “I’m sorry..” He muttered loud enough that she heard. Krystal scoffed as she grabbed her bag. Heading towards the door, Krystal paused for a moment. “Did you..did you ever even like me??” She asked, her voice beginning to tremble. Mark looked at Krystal. “Krystal I’m sorry for what I did…I know I hurt you—“ Mark was cut off. “You don’t know anything.” She said. “Krystal I—“ Mark was cut off once more. “How could you let this go on for so long mark??…you let me believe you cared..” Krystal said. “I did care!” Mark said, raising his voice. “But just not enough..” She muttered loud enough that he heard. Mark ex-haled heavily. “Krystal I…I-I-I don’t know what you want from me!” Mark stuttered. “I want you to want me back!!” Krystal exclaimed as she turned around and faced him. Mark looked at Krystal in complete silence. “I just..I just want you to want me back..” She muttered as tears began to form in her eyes. 

“How do you think Krystal’s doing??” Jackson asked Amber as he sat down on the couch. Amber sighed. “I don’t know..hopefully she’s okay.” She replied. Jackson nodded. “Do you think Mark showed up today?” Amber asked. Jackson shrugged. “I hope so..but he’s probably drinking yet again..just drowning himself in alcohol..” Jackson answered. Amber scoffed. “Why is he the one drowning himself in it…he’s the one that did the heart breaking…” Amber said in annoyance. Jackson looked at Amber. “You must be thinking that he’s a bad guy—“ Jackson was cut off. “He is.” Amber said. Jacksons sighed. “Mark’s just..torn right now.” Jackson responded. Amber scoffed as she rolled her. “Oh please..” She muttered. “I’m serious Amber…Mark dealt with a lot.” He said. Amber looked at Jackson. “Krystal dealt with a lot.” She replied. “That’s true…but it’s just as hard on him as it is on her. Naeun came back and ruined a lot for him already within days…declaring her love for him is something mark always wanted..and he never got It..until now…Mark just needs time to think properly…” Jackson tried to explain. Amber rolled her eyes once again. “Mark made Krystal believe that he was in love with her when he really wasn’t…and I..I told him before that I knew that he would break her heart..he said he wouldn’t..but he did it anyway because no matter how ‘good’ mark is..there’s still darkness within him.” Amber responded with anger written in her tone. Jackson looked down. “There’s darkness in everyone Amber.” He replied. 

Note: I hope you guys enjoyed this short chapter!! School is ending in 8 more days!! I will start to write more after school ends so stay tuned, there's a lot more that's coming for this story!! Please comment on what you think..I will be replying :) Until next time guys~