chapter 16

You're my destiny

“She really said that she loves you??” Jackson asked in disbelief. Mark nodded. “Okay…What did you do?” Jackson asked. Mark looked at Jackson. “What do you think I did?” Mark asked back rapidly. Jackson scoffed. “I don’t know, I wasn’t there.” Jackson replied. Mark sighed. “I didn’t expect that she would say that..i-it was a surprise..and it took me by surprise.” Mark responded. Before Jackson could even reply, someone spoke. “What was a surprise?” Yugyeom asked as he walked to them. “Nothing.” Mark answered rapidly. Jackson looked at Yugyeom. “Krystal told Mark she loves him.” Jackson answered. “Dude!” Mark said as he smacked Jackson’s arm. Jackson glared at Mark as he rubbed his arm. “That hurt!” Jackson said. “Good.” Mark replied. “Okay so Krystal said that she loves you….what did you do next?” Yugyeom asked. The two looked at Yugyeom. “What do you think I did?” Mark asked. Jackson sighed. “Here we go again..” Jackson muttered. “I wasn’t there, how the hell am I suppose to know?” Yugyeom asked back. Mark sighed. “What are you guys talking about??” Jr asked as he walked to them. “I don’t think you really want to get in this conversation—“ Jackson was cut off. “Krystal said that she loves me.” Mark said. Jackson rolled his eyes in annoyance. “Oh really?? That’s great! What did you say her?” Jr asked with a smile. “What do you think I said?” Mark asked back. “Um..I don’t know, I wasn’t there with you when she said it.” Jr answered. Before anyone could even speak, their manager came inside the room. “Why the hell aren’t any of you practicing?!?” The manager asked, raising his voice. All the members pointed at Mark. “He’s chatting about his personal life.” Bambam answered. The manager looked at Mark. “What’s going on Mark?” The manager asked. Mark sighed. “I don’t know if I should tell you—“ Mark was cut off. “Krystal said that she loves him.” Yugyeom said. “WHAT?!?” Everyone aside from the four yelled simultaneously as they walked to the four. Mark sighed. “Why did you tell them??” Mark said. “Was I not suppose to tell them?” Yugyeom asked innocently. Mark scoffed. “Okay so what did you say to her??” JB asked. Mark looked at JB “What do you think I said to her??” Mark asked him. JB scoffed. “Was I there?” JB asked sarcastically. Mark looked at him. “No..” Mark answered. “Exactly.” JB replied. Jackson scoffed in annoyance as he placed his hands on his hips. “Oh my god Mark! Just tell us what you did already!!” Jackson said in frustration. 

Flashback: 

“Krystal this is serious. This is exactly why I told you to not go out—“ Mark was cut off. “Mark I was at that restaurant with Amber…Myungsoo so happened to be there and we chatted for a little bit..it’s not a big deal.” Krystal said. “It’s not a big deal?? They wrote an article saying that you’re cheating on me with him—“ Mark was cut off once more. “But you know it isn’t true so why is this bothering you—“ Krystal was cut off. “Because I don’t want you hanging out him!! I don’t want you near him. I don’t even want you talking to him.” Mark said. Krystal looked at Mark. “Wait…you’re not mad…you’re jealous.” Krystal said, figuring it out. Mark scoffed. “What? No. Mark Tuan does not get jealous.” Mark replied. Krystal scoffed softly. “Oh Really? Okay then. Now that you know that I’m not cheating on you, Myungsoo oppa and I could hang out as friends.” Krystal said, ending it with a smile. Mark looked at Krystal. “Absolutely not.” Mark replied. “Why not?” Krystal asked. “Because I said so.” Mark answered rapidly. Krystal looked at Mark, raising her eyebrows as she crossed her arms around her chest. Mark stood there silent as he stared at Krystal. Mark sighed. “Okay fine.” Mark said, giving up. “Fine what?” Krystal asked. “I’m jealous..” Mark answered. Krystal tried to hide her smile. “Oh and why the hell are you calling him oppa??..you’re not aloud to call him that.” Mark said. Krystal chuckled. “Okay I won’t.” Krystal replied. Mark sighed. Krystal then walked to the kitchen and Mark immediately followed. Mark frowned as he watched Krystal take out a bottle of water from the fridge. Krystal looked at Mark as she took a sip of water. “What?” Krystal asked. “Shh.” Mark said. Krystal’s eyebrows furrowed. “Don’t shush me—“ Krystal was cut off. “Why the hell is your shower running?? Who’s in there?” Mark asked rapidly. “Oh that’s—“ Krystal was cut off. “Is it a guy??” Mark asked rapidly. Krystal looked at Mark. “Why would a guy be in there??” Krystal asked as her eyebrows furrowed. “Okay so who’s in there?” Mark asked. “Amber’s in there.” Krystal answered. Mark sighed in relief. “Wow Mark…quick to assume again?” Krystal asked. Mark scoffed. “Leave me alone.” Mark said. Krystal chuckled. “Why would I cheat on you?” Krystal asked. Mark looked away. “Why wouldn’t you?” Mark asked as he sighed. Krystal walked to him. She cupped his face, forcing him to look at her. “Because I love you.” Krystal answered with a soft tone. 

Mark stared at Krystal. Did he just hear that correctly. Mark stood there frozen not knowing what to do nor what to say. His facial expression was completely blank. Krystal wanted to know what he was thinking. All he did was just stare at her. She hoped that he would say it back.”Um…Uh...” Mark paused for a moment. Krystal looked at Mark, hoping that he would say it back to her. “Please Mark…please say it back…please…” She thought. Her eyebrows furrowed. “What…did you just say to me???” Mark asked slowly in disbelief as he removed her hands from his face. Krystal looked down. “Um…” She paused. She was afraid to say it again. “I-I…I-I love you..” She managed to say once again. Mark looked at Krystal who was staring down. “Krystal I…” Mark paused. Krystal looked at him. Mark shook his head slightly. She froze upon seeing him begin to walk backwards. “I…I um…I-I have to get some fresh air...” Mark said awkwardly. “Mark wait.” Before Krystal could even say anything else, Mark quickly left, leaving her alone. Mark headed down the the stairs rapidly. “Oh my god..oh my freaking god!!…S-she really said that!!!...Why the hell would she say that?!? What the hell?!?” Mark thought. Mark shook his head as he ran down the stairs to the exit. “What the hell am I gonna do??” Mark asked himself as he headed outside. He finally stopped for a moment. He placed his hand over his chest as he breathed heavily and rapidly. Everything that just happened kept replaying in his mind. “Because I love you.” Those four words rang his head. “No..no I can’t…I can’t…” Mark paused as he tried to regain his breath. Mark began to shake his head as he thought for a moment. “I can’t feel the same…w-we only married because of the baby…and besides..I love Naeun right?…right??” Mark thought. Before he could even do anything, his phone rang. Mark picked up the phone. “Hello??” Mark said as he breathed heavily. “Mark we have to practice.” Jackson said over the phone. Mark nodded as if Jackson could see him. “Oh..um… yeah…” Mark paused for a moment. He looked at the apartment building. “Yeah okay….I’m heading there now…” Mark finished before he hung up the phone. Mark sighed. 

End of flashback: 

Everyone looked at Mark, glaring at him. Jackson walked to Mark and slapped him on the back of the head. “OW!! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!?” Mark yelled as he rubbed the back of his head. “That’s for being an idiot!” Jackson said in annoyance. Yugyeom scoffed. “So let me get this straight…she said that she loved you right?” Yugyeom asked. “Yeah..” Mark answered as he nodded. “And all you freaking did was leave?” Yugyeom asked. Mark looked at Yugyeom. “I…I guess I did..” Mark answered slowly. Yugyeom walked to him and slapped him on the back of the head. “OW!!” Mark yelled. “YOU’RE AN IDIOT!!” yugyeom yelled in anger. “What are you talking about—“ Mark was cut off. “This amazing beautiful woman who so happens to be pregnant with your freaking child literally just admitted that she loves you…and you can't even say it back to her….and you know what’s crazy Mark?? You’re leading her on!! That’s what you’re doing!! With all the freaking flirting…the inviting her out when she’s not even suppose to be going out…you getting jealous because she was seen with Kim ing Myungsoo…” Yugyeom said, frowning. “Yugyeom you don’t get it—“ Mark was cut off once again. “NO YOU DON’T GET IT MARK!!” Jackson yelled. Mark scoffed. Jackson rolled his eyes in annoyance. “You let her fall for you….and now that she finally admits it…you run off like a chicken—“ Yugyeom was cut off. “OKAY WELL WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?!?” Mark yelled. Yugyeom scoffed. “Oh i don’t know maybe tell her how you really feel.” Yugyeom said with a sarcastic tone. Mark scoffed. “Oh really??? And what do I feel Yugyeom?!? HUH?!? TELL ME!!” Mark replied with anger. “Tell her the ing truth!!…that’s what I want you to do. Tell her how you really feel..and this time..don’t run off when she tells you something shocking. Talk to her…and then figure it out.” Yugyeom responded. Before Mark could even say anything back, Yugyeom walked out the room in annoyance. Jackson who was annoyed as well, got his things and then left the room. They all watched Jackson as he walked out the room. The air was filled with silence. They all looked at Mark who sighed in frustration. JB sighed as well. “Mark—“ JB was cut off. “What JB. What is it that you want to tell me?” Mark said with hostility. JB scoffed. “You know what….nothing Mark.” JB said before he walked out the room as well. Jr looked at Mark.  “Do you..even love her or are you just…being stupid?” Jr asked. “I can’t—“ Mark was cut off. “What the hell is wrong with you Mark?!? Why can’t you just let yourself be happy and be with her—“ Jr was cut off as well. “BECAUSE I DON’T WANT TO GET HURT AGAIN!!” Mark yelled in frustration. 

1 hour later: 

Mark sighed as he stood in front of the door. He knocked on the door slowly. He in-haled and ex-haled nervously. After a moment, the door finally opened. “Oh…it’s you…” Krystal said. “Expecting someone else?” Mark asked. Krystal shook her head. “No it’s just Amber went to get something and she left the key..” Krystal answered. Mark nodded. “So..can I come in?” Mark asked. Krystal looked at Mark. “Oh..Um yeah..” Krystal answered, moving out the way. Mark walked in the apartment. Krystal ex-haled as she closed the door. She then followed Mark and sat on the couch. They both sat there. Both completely silent. Krystal played with her fingers. The awkward silence killed her. She closed her eyes for a moment. “I can do this..” Krystal thought. She opened her eyes. “So...” The two said simultaneously. The two looked at each other and slightly smiled. However, both stayed quiet for a moment. Krystal looked at Mark as he sat here silently. She sighed in frustration. “Okay so if you don’t want to talk….then I will.” Krystal said clearly showing a bit of annoyance towards him. Mark looked at her as she rose up from the couch. “How can you just leave like that?!? E-especially after I told you that I freaking love you!! I just—“ Krystal was cut off by Mark who stood up as well. “Krystal I didn’t mean to hurt you—“ Mark was cut off as well that caused Mark to sigh in aggravation. “I’m sorry okay!!...I’m sorry that I said that...I should’ve known that you wouldn’t feel the same way—“ Krystal was cut off when Mark kissed her. Krystal’s eyes opened wide. Was this really happening? Does this mean he loves her too? Krystal closed her eyes and kissed him back. After that kiss, the two stared at each other’s eyes. “I left not because I didn’t want to see you…I left because I wanted to make sure that my answer is what I truly feel..” Mark pause for moment. He stared at her beautiful dark brown eyes as he put her hair behind her ear. “And my answer is that I love you too.” Mark finished. Krystal’s eyes opened wide. “I love you too Krystal.” Mark repeated as a smile formed on his face. A smile appeared on Krystal’s face. “You love me?” Krystal asked. Mark nodded. “Yes. I do.” Mark answered before he kissed her once more. 

 

Note: I don't know how I really feel about this chapter lol but hopefully you guys liked it!!Please leave a comment on what you guys think and what you guys think is gonna happen next! Until next time guys :)