chapter 24

You're my destiny

Everything is better with music! :) 

“I don’t…I just don’t understand..”  Krystal said as she stared at the ring on the table. “Understand what??” Mark asked in frustration. “I don’t understand why you’re breaking up with me.” Krystal answered. “Krystal look—“ Mark was cut off. “I-I know you’re confused but..I just don’t understand!! What did I do??” Krystal asked rapidly. Mark shook his head. “Krystal..that’s not it—“ Mark was cut off once again. “Then what is it??” Krystal asked as she frowned. Mark sighed as he rubbed the back of his neck. “Look Krystal….This relationship isn’t going to work.” Mark said.  Krystal immediately walked to him. “How do you know??” She asked with a soft tone, her eyebrows rising as she tried to grab his hand. Mark sighed, walking pass her to sit down on the chair. Krystal turned around and looked at him as he looked down. “Is it because of Naeun—“ Krystal was cut off. “No of course not. I told you..I thought about everything.” Mark said. Krystal remained silent for a moment. Mark stared at his hands as he played with his fingers. “Krystal we’re different people…and we come from different people…” Mark paused for a moment. He in-haled and ex-haled slowly trying to prepare himself for what’s coming. “What..what are you talking about??” Krystal asked in confusion. Mark looked up at her. “I’m talking about who I am…where I come from…I’m an idol Krystal…and you’re just…you’re just you…” Mark said. Krystal looked down. “Mark—“ Krystal was cut off. “Maybe everyone was right Krystal…maybe your best friend was right—“ Mark was cut off. “Right about what??” Krystal asked rapidly. Mark stood up and looked at her. “We’re too different Krystal.” Mark answered. Krystal scoffed softly. “Of course we are Mark...but-but we could work this out…we just need a balance things out—“ Krystal was cut off. “I think we should stop forcing this relationship.” Mark said. Krystal froze for a moment. “Forcing?? You-you were the one who wanted to try this—“ Krystal was cut off once more. “Yeah I know...and I was wrong.” Mark said. Silence then filled the air for a moment. Krystal stared at Mark as her eyebrows furrowed. She wiped the tear off of her cheek before she spoke. “What’re you saying??” Krystal asked with a soft tone. 

Mark looked up at her. “I’m saying that…I just don’t love you…the way that you love me…” Mark answered.  Krystal remained silent as she was too hurt and shocked of what he just said to her. “I’m sorry Krystal..” Mark said. Krystal looked at Mark. “This is why our relationship won’t work—“ Mark was cut off by Krystal who was shaking her head. “No no..I-I don’t believe you.” Krystal said. Mark sighed as he stood up. “Look Krystal…I know that this is hard to hear but—“ Mark was cut off once more. “What are you saying this?? You-you told me that you loved me.” Krystal asked rapidly. “Krystal I thought I did…but-but…I think I said it because…I loved the idea of…having this family.” Mark answered, trying to explain. Krystal stood there in shock with her eyebrows furrowing. “Krystal I—“ Mark was cut off once again. “I should’ve realized this…but I was too..naive…stupid even…” Krystal said was sadness written in her tone. Mark looked at Krystal as a sigh escaped his lips. “You know…It-it’s okay..i get it..I’ll um..I’ll see you um..…I’ll see around…” Krystal stuttered as she began walking out of the kitchen. Mark sighed once more as he followed her. “Krystal I’m—“ Mark was cut off. “I-it’s okay Mark..like i said..I get it…I um..I have to go.” Krystal said rapidly.  Before Mark could even reply, Krystal left the apartment. As she walked down to the elevator, there was a sudden deep pain her heart. She felt like her whole world had come crashing down on her. She stopped walking and leaned against the wall. Her face showed distress as she closed her eyes. Drops slowly ran down her face. Soon it turned into a flowing stream of sorrow that ran down her face that dripped from her chin onto her shirt. Krystal slid down the wall, slowly collapsing to her knees, sobbing in her distress. Suddenly, the elevator door opened. “Oh my god..Krystal..” A familiar voice called. Krystal looked up as she cried. “He…he broke up with me…he broke up with me Amber…” She said as she cried. 

A couple of days later: 

Krystal stared blankly at her cup of orange juice. She couldn’t think…she couldn’t move…she didn’t even want to. The more she tried to push the pain away..it just comes crashing back down on her. A single tear slid down her cheek. Amber who had just woken up not so long ago, came out to the living room. “Good morning..” Amber stopped talking upon seeing Krystal sitting there on the couch. Amber looked down. She didn’t know how to fix this…she didn’t know how to help her. Looking at Krystal, Amber walked to her and sat down next to her. “How are you?” Amber asked with a soft tone. Krystal remained silent. She closed her eyes tightly as she clenched her teeth. She wanted the pain to go away but it didn’t..it just grew stronger and stronger. Amber looked at Krystal. “Krystal…please…you haven’t spoke in days…” Amber said as her eyebrows furrowed. Krystal ex-haled as she opened her eyes. “Krystal..please…talk to me…please…” Amber pleaded. Krystal looked at Amber as she tried to hold her hand. “You want me to talk to you?” Krystal asked with a hint of sadness in her tone. Looking away, Krystal stood up from the couch and began to pace back and forth as she rubbed the back of her neck while holding her cup in her other hand. “I-I can’t do this…I just can’t..” Krystal stuttered. Amber watched her as she paced back and forth. “Krystal—“ Amber was cut off by Krystal whom threw her glass of orange juice on the floor, shattering it to pieces. “I AM IN PAIN!! AND-AND-AND IT HURTS SO ING BAD THAT I-I FEEL LIKE I’M SUFFOCATING!!” Krystal yelled as veins popped out of her neck. Amber was taken aback from her yelling as well as her shattering the glass to pieces. Krystal usually was able to keep herself calm and controlled however, she was breaking down. Tears formed in Amber’s eyes as she watched her friend break down. She quickly stood up and tried to grab her best friend, however, Krystal pulled back. “I’m fine!” She said. “Krystal you are not fine! You’re hurting! You’re angry!” She replied, raising her tone. Krystal shook her head as tears fell down her eyes. She proceeded to sit back down on the couch. Looking down at the floor, Krystal spoke. “I just want it to stop…I want the pain to stop..” Krystal said, her voice cracking. Tears fell down Amber’s eyes as she looked down at Krystal. She then got on her knees in front of her, embracing her into a hug. “I’m sorry…I’m so sorry..” Amber muttered as her eyebrows furrowed.

Note: I know it's a short chapter but don't worry! I hope you guys enjoyed this update!! I hope I didn't make you cry lol but it's my intention :) Please comment what you think! Until next time guys :)