chapter 13

You're my destiny

A couple of months later:

“Alright, that’s it..the doctor will be right in.” The woman said as she gave Krystal a tissue to wipe off the ultrasound gel. Mark nodded as Krystal slightly smiled. “Thank you.” She said with a soft tone. The woman then exited the room. Mark looked at Krystal. “How are you feeling?” Mark asked as he watched Krystal wipe the gel off. Krystal sighed as she finished. Putting her shirt down, she spoke. “I’m okay..” She answered as she sat up. Mark nodded. “Um…I’m sorry I haven’t been there with you at all after the wedding…you know with everything going on, I haven’t had a break and—“ Mark was cut off. “It’s okay Mark.” Krystal said. Mark nodded. “I mean I know it’s hard to do this…you’re an idol…and aside from that you had to marry a girl you don’t love…so I get it..” Krystal added. Mark looked at Krystal. "How you been?" He asked. "Good." She answered simply. Mark could feel their connection that they once had starting to disappear. She talked to him with so much distance and Mark hated it. Before he could even reply to her, the door opened. “Alright, everything is looking good.” The doctor said as she walked in. Both looked at the doctor. “Really?” Krystal asked. The doctor nodded. “The baby’s weight is 62nd percentile, the baby’s height is 78th percentile.” The doctor said. Krystal smiled. “But—“ The doctor was cut off. “But what?” Mark asked rapidly. Krystal looked at Mark. “Let her speak.” Krystal said softly. “Oh uh sorry, go ahead.” Mark said, gesturing her to speak. The doctor nodded. “Currently the baby’s breached.” The doctor replied. “Um..breached?” Mark asked in confusion. Krystal sighed. “The baby is upside down Mark.” Krystal answered. Mark nodded. “Yeah okay so Krystal let’s get you measured.” The doctor said. Krystal nodded as she stood up. “So um..do I need to be worried??” Krystal asked. “No no, not yet. Breached babies often turn themselves.” The doctor answered as she began to measure Krystal’s stomach. “Okay so what can I do to help the baby turn??” Krystal asked. “Well there are a bunch of techniques you can try..” The doctor answered as she headed to the drawers, getting a little pamphlet. Handing Krystal the pamphlet, the doctor spoke. “I can’t promise these techniques will work but give it a shot.” The doctor said. Krystal nodded as she looked at it. “Thank you.” Krystal and Mark said simultaneously. “Well I'll see you in two weeks. Hopefully everything will be back to normal.” The doctor replied before she left the room. Mark looked at Krystal as she grabbed her jacket. “Um…do you want a ride home?” Mark asked. Krystal shook her head. “No I’m okay and besides…you have a performance today.” Krystal answered as she began to head out. Mark followed. “That’s not until a couple of hours..let me take you home.” Mark replied. Krystal sighed. “Mark I’m fine..I’ll just take the bus—“ Krystal was cut off. “Come to my performance.” Mark said. Krystal looked at Mark as she walked. “You want me to go watch your performance by myself surrounded by your fans??” Krystal asked. “Yeah you’re that’s not a good idea..um...Well I’ll give you v.i.p tickets…a-and you could bring Amber...” Mark answered. Krystal sighed. “I don’t know—“ Krystal was cut off. “I just feel bad Krystal…you’ve been cooped up at your house most of the time because of me…I want you to have fun..so come.” Mark said. 

Krystal sighed as she opened the fridge. She grabbed a container filled with fruits and then closed the fridge. Walking to the living room, Krystal sat down and opened the container. Krystal flinched when the front door opened. “Hey!” Amber said with a bright smile as she closed the door behind her. Krystal sighed. “I think I regret giving you the key to this apartment.” Krystal replied before she took a bite out of a strawberry. Amber scoffed. “Dude without me coming, you’ll be lonely.” Amber said as she sat down next to her. Before Krystal could even reply, Amber leaned in on Krystal’s stomach and spoke. “How are you doing baby girl!! It’s Amber!..are you being good to your mom??” Amber said with a cute voice. Krystal laughed. Amber laughed as well as she leaned back. “So we’re going to got7’s performance today?” Amber asked as she grabbed a grape from the container. Krystal nodded. “Yeah Mark wants me to go..he feels bad I have to stay home all the time.” Krystal answered. Amber scoffed. “Of course he should feel bad…you can’t even do anything…but at least you get to ask for whatever you want…Like this apartment—“ Amber was cut off. “It wasn’t my idea to get this apartment…they kept insisting and so I agreed to make them happy..” Krystal said. Amber nodded as she ate the grape. “So have you and Mark had a honeymoon yet?” Amber asked as she watched Krystal eat fruits. Krystal sighed. “Amber we’re really not a married couple…we got married to make Mark’s grandmother happy…there’s no way we’re having a honeymoon.” Krystal answered. Amber sighed. “Do you regret getting married?” Amber asked. Krystal looked at Amber. “I don’t know..” She answered honestly. “Does Mark regret getting married?” Amber asked. Krystal sighed once more. “Of course he does…he’s in love with someone else…” Krystal answered sadly. Amber looked at Krystal as she looked down. “Oh no..” Amber said. Krystal looked at Amber in confusion. “No Krystal you can’t…you can’t like him...” Amber said. “I don’t like him..” Krystal lied. “Don’t lie Krystal…you’re falling for him..” Amber replied. Krystal sighed. “I wish I didn’t have to say this but I already have…and I can’t help it…” Krystal responded. “Amber sighed. “You can’t let this get any further…you said it so yourself…he’s in love with someone else and clearly he regrets marrying you…so don’t fall for him…just don’t Krystal please…you’ll get your heart broken.” Amber said. “I’m sorry!! It’s just that..all this time we’ve spent together…is just amazing…before the wedding—“ Krystal was cut off. “Wait wait wait before the wedding???…Krystal please…please tell me that those vows you said were just made up…please tell me they aren’t true!” Amber said causing Krystal to look away. 

Flashback: The day of the wedding: 

Krystal paced around. “Hey Krystal calm down.” Amber said. Krystal shook her head. “I can’t..Amber I can’t!!” Krystal said as she panicked. Amber sighed. “Amber i’m scared..what if this is wrong?!? What if we’re making a mistake?!?” Krystal asked rapidly. Amber grabbed Krystal, stopping her from pacing around. “Look at me…don’t worry about that okay?…it’s your wedding…you’re suppose to be happy—“ Amber was cut off. “I’m marrying someone who I don’t love…and who doesn’t love me…I don’t think this is a happy day..” Krystal said. Amber sighed. “Krystal just remember..this is for the baby…and for Mark’s career…you wanted to help his career…to make sure it’s not destroyed.” Amber replied. Krystal nodded. “You’re right..I agreed to this…I should be able to do this..” Krystal responded. Amber nodded. “Okay…now come on...” Amber said giving Krystal the bouquet. Krystal sighed. “Okay you have the bouquet..I have the ring…you know your vows—“ Amber was cut off. “V-vows??” Krystal stuttered. “Yeah vows..” Amber said. Krystal shook her head. “How am I suppose to have vows for him?!?” Krystal said, beginning to panic again. Amber sighed. “Krystal it’s okay, it’s okay..I am sure Mark thinks the same thing and I am sure he doesn’t have any vows..just come on..you can do this..” Amber replied. Krystal nodded. Amber tried to walk but Krystal pulled her back. “I can’t do it!!” Krystal said in panic. Amber sighed. “Krystal get it together!!! I am wearing a freaking dress for you!!” Amber said in frustration causing Krystal to flinch. “Is she ready??” Minho asked as he walked to them. “She’s afraid to go out there.” Amber said. Minho sighed. “Krystal look at me..” Minho said. Krystal looked up at him. “You are ready for this…” Minho said. “Okay…” Krystal said giving up. “Okay let’s go.” Minho replied as he linked arms with Krystal. Meanwhile, inside the hall there stood Mark and everyone else who was waiting for Krystal. Mark looked at Jackson who was holding the ring. “I don’t think I could do this..” Mark whispered. “Mark…you’re already here..just get it over with..remember it’s to help you’re career..” Jackson whispered back. Mark nodded. “You’re right…I got this..” Mark whispered. “Good..you know your vows right?” Jackson asked. Mark froze. “Vows??…I was suppose to have vows?!?” Mark whispered. “Dude it’s a wedding…of course you’re suppose to have vows!!” Jackson whispered back. “How the hell am I suppose to have vows for a woman I don’t love?!?” Mark whispered. “Dude you’ll be fine..just..just chill out…” Jackson replied. Mark sighed in frustration. “I can’t do this..” Mark whispered. “So what are you gonna do?? Just walk out??” Jackson asked. Mark nodded. “um..yeah.” Mark answered. Jackson scoffed. “No you can’t…you need this.” Jackson replied. Mark sighed. “I know…I know—“ Mark was cut off. “Shhhh it’s starting.” Jackson said. Mark froze as the music began to play. Everyone looked at the door as it opened.

Amber can out first, walking down the aisle. She smiled as she did. After Amber, everyone paced themselves for the bride. There Krystal and Minho came walking in. Arms linked together. Krystal on the left side and Minho on the right. Smiles formed on everyone’s faces. “Wow…” Mark said amazed by Krystal’s beauty. Minho lead Krystal to the front of the aisle. As the two stopped, Minho looked at her. “You got this.” He whispered. Krystal slightly smiled as she watched her brother leave her side to take his seat. Krystal stepped forward, standing in front of Mark. Handing the flowers to Amber, the ceremony continued as the minister began. “We’re all here today to celebrate the relationship of Krystal and Mark and to be witnesses and supporters of the commitment they share with one another.” The minster said. Mark and Krystal glanced at each other from time to time as they preacher spoke. Both Mark and Krystal were getting nervous as the time for the vows drew nearer. “Krystal and Mark, the vows that you are about to make are a way to share your love and commitment to each other in your own words. These vows are your way of openly declaring your promise to one another as well as to all of those who are here in attendance today. Krystal, ladies first.” The minister said. Everyone looked at Krystal, including Mark. She looked at Mark, in-haling and ex-haling. Amber knew Krystal was struggling. “Come on Krystal you could do this..” Amber thought. Krystal stared into Mark’s eyes and began to spoke. “I love you…not only for what you are…but for what I am when I am with you…you make me smile…you make me happy…knowing you has changed my life…you’ve opened up my heart in a way I didn’t even know was possible….” Krystal said. Mark smiled. He in-haled and ex-haled, preparing himself. Looking at her, the only thing he could think about was being here with Naeun which broke his heart. “...You are every reason..every hope..and every dream I’ve ever had…no matter what happens to us in the future…everyday we are together is the greatest day of my life…I love you..more than anyone…and I will always be yours…” Mark said. Krystal stared at Mark as her heart beat rapidly. She knows what’s happening to her. She knows what she’s feeling. “Oh god…I’m falling for him…” Krystal thought. The minister smiled at the two. “Get the rings.” He said.“Oh right!” Krystal said causing the everyone to chuckle. The two got the rings from Amber and Jackson. “Krystal and Mark will now exchange rings to symbolize their commitment. The wearing of the rings is a visible, outward sign that they have committed themselves to one another. Mark, please take Krystal’s hand and repeat these words.” He paused for a moment as he looked at the two. 

Mark did as he was told. “I give you this ring as a symbol of our love.” The minister said. “I give you this ring as a symbol of our love.” Mark said. “For today and tomorrow and for all the days to come.” The minister said. "For today and tomorrow and for all the days to come.” Mark said. “Wear it as a sign of what we have promised on this day” The minister said. "Wear it as a sign of what we have promised on this day” Mark said. “And know that my love is present, even when I am not.” The minister said. "And know that my love is present, even when I am not.” Mark finished. The minister gestured Mark to put the ring on Krystal’s finger. Mark in-haled and ex-haled as he did. “Now Krystal, please take the Mark’s hand and repeat these words.” The minister said. Krystal nodded. After repeating the words, Krystal put the ring on Mark’s finger. “Krystal and Mark, you have professed your love by exchanging your vows. You have symbolized your commitment by exchanging rings. With all this there is one more question I need each of you to answer and then we’re off to the reception to celebrate.” The minister paused for a moment. Clearing his throat, the minister spoke. “Krystal, do you take Mark to be your husband; to live together in the covenant of marriage? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?” The minister asked, looking at Krystal. Krystal in-haled and ex-haled. “I do.” She answered. The minister then looked at Mark. “Mark, do you take Krystal to be your wife; to live together in the covenant of marriage? Do you promise to lover her, comfort her honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, be faithful to her as long as you both shall live?” The minister asked. Everyone looked at Mark as he remained silent. “Come on Mark you got this..” Jackson thought. Mark stared at Krystal as she looked at him. “I have to do this…” Mark thought. Taking a breath, Mark finally spoke. “I do.” Mark said. “By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wide. Mark you may now kiss the bride.” The minister said. Krystal froze. “K-kiss??..I forgot about that part!!” She thought. Mark looked at Krystal waiting for her to give the okay. However, she stood there frozen in place not knowing what to do. Mark sighed. Grabbing her, Mark leaned in and kissed her. Everyone then stood up and clapped as the two kissed. “It’s my great honor an privilege to be the first to present to you..Mr. and Mrs. Tuan!!” The minister said. 

After the wedding and reception: 

Krystal and Mark entered the apartment. “Why are we here?” Krystal asked. “This is your new apartment.” Mark answered as he walked to the kitchen. Krystal followed him. “My new apartment?? I have my own house—“ Krystal was cut off. “Look..you need to avoid beings seen in public by the press and by my fans…so this is you new place…I have people who will do the grocery shopping for you, you just have to tell them what you want—“ Mark was cut off. “I am not being locked up in this apartment and I don’t want to live here..this is just to much.” Krystal said. Mark scoffed. “Krystal this is your apartment..end of discussion.” Mark replied. “Since when do you get to be the boss of me??” Krystal asked. “Since I got you knocked up and got married.” Mark answered simply. Krystal scoffed. “You’re not my husband—“ Krystal was cut off. “We literally just had a wedding…how are you that forgetful.” Mark said. Krystal sighed. “No no I meant we’re not an actual couple..this is just a front because of your career.” Krystal replied. “So you’re telling me that you don’t want to be married to me??” Mark said walking to her. Krystal backed up as Mark walked to her. “W-we’re married because you need this..your reputation can’t be ruined..” Krystal said. Her back hit against the wall as Mark drew closer. Mark trapped her putting both of his hands on the wall. Leaning closer to her face, Mark spoke. “It’s okay Krystal I know you like being married to me…I mean I’m good looking..I have money…oh and I’m great in bed...” Mark said. Krystal gulped. “W-we’re married because of your career…” Krystal replied as she looked at his eyes. Mark smirked. Leaning back Mark spoke. “This apartment is yours..and you’re right...I only married you because of my reputation…I love Naeun and I will always love her..” Mark said as before he began to head to the exit. Krystal immediately followed him. Mark stopped and looked at Krystal. “Sorry you can’t have this.” Mark said with a smirk. Krystal watched as Mark left the apartment. She scoffed as crossed her arms around her chest. “I can’t believe this is happening…” She said. 

End of Flashback: 

Author's note: 

My goodness it's been a long time!! I hope you guys enjoyed this update and I actually will be updating this story from now on!!! :) I will update soon~ Love you guys!! :)