chapter 22

You're my destiny

Mark stood behind the stage waiting to perform. The group was casually talking, making jokes and laughing. However, Mark was completely silent. A sigh escaped his lips as he was deep into his thoughts. He wondered if Krystal was out there in the crowd, waiting for him. She usually is. She would sit there and wait for him just to cheer him on. She would scream loudly with a bright smile as she claps her hands supporting him but…today feels different for him. He was worried that she wasn’t there. He was too afraid to check if she was or not. He was so deep in his thoughts that he didn’t hear the man telling them to go. Jackson snapped his fingers, bringing Mark back to reality. “Dude we’re on.” Jackson said. Mark nodded and immediately went onto the stage, getting into his position. He couldn’t really look through the crowd as his starting position had his back facing the them. He closed his eyes, in-haling and ex-haling to prepare himself. Then…the performance started. They began singing comeback song ‘never ever’ which would soon end as they were going to perform ‘my swagger.’ He tried to not focus on the fact that she possibly couldn’t be there. He tried to not “officially” look for her and just focused on performing. However, as they continued to perform, he found himself searching for her as he danced. Suddenly, the terrible worry he felt vanished as he finally spotted her in the crowd with a bright smile as she cheered on for them as usual. A smile formed on his face as he did his part causing the crowd to cheer even louder. He was relieved that she was there…supporting him. With all the craziness in his life, he just needed someone there for him…and she was.

After the performance, the group headed off the stage. They each received a bottle of water from the workers, however, Mark didn’t. He suddenly heard his name being called in the distance. Looking ahead, there Krystal was holding his bottle of water. A slight smile formed on his face as he walked up to her. The two stared at each other for a minute. “Hey..” He said with a slight smile. Krystal smiled. “That was an amazing performance.” She replied. Mark’s smile grew. “Only because you were there cheering me on.” He responded. Krystal stared at him. “I’ll always cheer you on.” She said with a soft tone. Mark nodded slowly. Her saying that gave him great warmth in his heart. She was so pure for him…so kind despite all that has happened…Despite what he’s putting her through. “Here.” She said handing him the water. “Thanks.” He replied before he opened it and drank some. “So are you doing anything after this??” She asked. “Oh um…an interview.” He answered. “Okay well um…do you want me to wait or—“ She was cut off. “No-no I want you to rest…you’re probably exhausted.” He said rapidly. Krystal nodded slowly. Before the two could say anything, Krystal’s name was called. A bright smile formed on her face as she watched the person walk up to her. “Myung oppa what are you doing here??” She asked. She then gave a hug to Myungsoo. “Did you have a comeback without me knowing??” She asked in a joking manner. “No no I’m just the new MC.” He answered with a smile. Mark stood there silently as he watched the two chat. However, he was saved upon Jackson telling him that they had to go. “Sorry..I have to go.” Mark said. Krystal looked at him and nodded, disappointed. He then walked off without even giving her a hug. “What’s wrong with him??” Myungsoo asked. Krystal looked at Myungsoo. “A lot…” She muttered. 

“So seems like everything is going great..your stomach is huge—“ Myungsoo who was walking Krystal out was cut off. “Are you calling me fat?” She asked with her eyebrows rose. Myungsoo immediately began to panic. “I-I didn’t mean it that way! I meant that the baby is growing..” He said in a panicked tone. Krystal giggled. “I’m messing with you Myung oppa..I know what you meant.” She replied. Myungsoo sighed in relief. “Oh thank god..I thought you were going to kill me.” Myungsoo said in a joking manner. Krystal scoffed softly. Myungsoo looked at Krystal. “How are things with Mark?” Myungsoo asked. Krystal remained silent as she didn’t really know what to say. Myungsoo grabbed Krystal’s arm stopping her from walking. Krystal looked up at him. “Something’s wrong..what is it??” He asked, worried. Krystal looked down. She in-haled and exhaled heavily. “I feel….trapped…” Krystal muttered loud enough that he heard. “Trapped??…what do you mean?” He asked in confusion. Krystal looked up at him. As she opened to speak, she began pacing back and forth. “I’m in a marriage that was forced upon me all for an image..and because of it people despise me or love me..I go out to places and my face is just bombarded with cameras asking me this and that and now…I’m stuck because I really like this guy but he’s conflicted due to his past lover coming back and-and now things are awkward and..and I just..I just feel like I’m suffocating when I’m with him…I don’t know what he’s thinking nor what he’s feeling..he’s making me feel even more confused than I ever was before…but I-I really want to know where our relationship stands because the baby is coming soon and I would not like for the baby to come in a life filled with confusion and conflict between it’s parents and..” Krystal paused as she paced back and forth. She ran her fingers through her hair in frustration. “And I don’t know what to do…” She finished. 

Mark stood in front of the camera with his group members as they all casually answered questions. “Since it’s your “last” stage for now…your fans will miss you very much—“ The interviewer was cut off. “Well our fans wouldn’t have to worry much we’ve got a lot of things planned for the on going months.” JB said with a bright smiled. The interviewer smiled. “Oh really?!? Care to share?!?” He asked in a joking manner causing the members to laugh. “Um..well we really can’t discuss the exact projects we’ll be doing but for sure you all would see us on the screen.” Jinyoung answered. The interviewer nodded. “I can work with that, I can work with that.” He said in satisfaction. The members chuckled. “Okay so Mark..we all know that you are married to the very beautiful Ms. Jung—Oh look there she is.” The interviewer said due to a picture of her popping up on the tv screen beside them. They all nodded as they chuckled. “So we’ve been receiving plenty of messages, calls and even letters begging to talk to you about your relationship with her…is everything okay with the pregnancy etc??” He asked. Mark nodded. “Yeah everything is great..we’ve been shopping for clothes, trying to come up with baby names, and even planning the baby shower—“ Mark was cut off. “Do you guys know the gender??” He asked. Mark shook his head. “No we rather wait until the baby shower..the members have certain things planned that I really want to know but they hide it very well.” Mark answered causing everyone to laugh. “That’s good that’s good…umm..we’ve been actually getting a few questions here and there from fans on twitter..and one of few questions that mainly asked were..if you have anything to say about your relationship with Apink Naeun??” The interviewer asked. Mark looked at the guy. “Why would I??” Mark asked in confusion. “Well because you two were recently together am I correct??” The interviewer responded. “Yes but she just wanted to talk that’s all.” Mark replied. The interviewers eyebrows rose. “Okay..then do you mind explaining this??” The interviewer asked as he pointed at the tv screen next to them. They all looked at the screen and soon a picture popped up….a picture of Mark and Naeun..kissing in the rain.

Note: Thank you all for patiently waiting for a update..I am sorry it took this long..I've been preparing for prom that is next week and graduation  that is in two weeks..and it's been pretty hectic! But once that is out the way I will be updating my stories often because NO SCHOOL!! AND IT'S SUMMER!! :) Until next time guys~ 

Oh and by the way..My favs are actually Jinyoung and Yugyeom XD It doesn't seem like it right?