영원토록 (Forever and Ever)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eEub-CvLGlI

 

 Taeyeon waves back as Jessica smiles at her from afar and is walking towards her. 

 

"I was going to meet Tiffany," Taeyeon claims, after knowing that the two Americans know each other.

 

"Tiffany? Hwang Miyoung?" Jessica asks in puzzlement. Taeyeon merely nods and waits for Jessica's reaction, which comes rather slowly. 

 

"You know her!" Jessica gasps in surprise, which takes Taeyeon aback for she has already gotten use to all their coincidences. 

 

"It's not a coincidence anymore y'know," Taeyeon frankly states as they walk down the lane together, "it's the funny thing fate does to us, all nine of us," she isn't sure what the funny thing is, but she is sure about the special connection between the nine of them that brings their lives together, like how she met them all unexpectedly. 

 

"Nine of us," Jessica repeats and Taeyeon nods as a form of reply. 

 

"I haven't experienced too much of that, except my meeting with Sooyoung, and then after you and Joohyun," Jessica ponders over what Taeyeon has told her. "Anyway, I'm supposed to be meeting Tiffany too," she finally reveals, and Taeyeon laughs in amusement. 

 

"She says that you were high school friends," Taeyeon states and Jessica nods. 

 

"We didn't remember anything much, but I recall our first sentences to each other was 'Have we met before'," Jessica thinks back and chuckles at the memories. "We were really good friends, and to know that she's one of us is fantastic," Jessica beams in joy. She continues by reminiscing about the times Tiffany and herself had fun during high school, before they graduated and separated. 

 

Taeyeon proceeds on telling Jessica all that she has discovered. Despite telling for the third time after to Joohyun and Tiffany, she is still equally excited about the story. After all, it was a special story and Taeyeon believes this has never happened to any other people in the universe, or at the most similar. 

 

Jessica gapes in awe and lets out an awed laughter, amazed by the way their lives are pathed. She curves her lips into an even wider smile and her eyes glitter at the imagination of the wonderful connection between the nine of them. "I'm beginning to be thrilled," is all she could say.

 

Taeyeon nods at Jessica, her eye catching a glimpse of what was behind them as she did so. She immediately pulls Jessica's hand as a car approaches them in high velocity. She drags Jessica and herself into the doorway of a shop in the lane in panic, her heart racing in fear. 

 

Their hands fit perfectly and they are locked tightly. Jessica is reminded of the incident on the plane with Sooyoung as she faces another near-death experience but is saved by the interlocking of hands with another of them. Her eyes tear up in gratitude towards fate, and in admiration for its works. 

 

The duo look to the street and see a dog running off in the opposite direction, and guess that it was what the driver has tried to avoid. They both shift their attention to the car in front of them. Having missed them by a hair's breath, it has instead crashed into a streetlamp and the driver is already unconscious. 

 

They look to each other, hands still grasping tightly onto each other. No words are exchanged, but they know what to do. 

 

Jessica sighs and pulls away her hand as she fishes for her phone in her bag, and then rings Tiffany up, while Taeyeon does the same dials for the first emergency number she can remember. 

 

 

 

Tiffany rushes out of the cafe as soon as she hears from Jessica about the incident, growing increasingly worried about the girls' situation. 

 

She mumbles to herself in frustration and anxiety. She trudges her way through the street to where Jessica

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter