十一

영원토록 (Forever and Ever)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://youtu.be/XfmzOwSPNW8

 

"Did anyone else not remember anything after the museum?" Taeyeon raises an eyebrow as she asks. There is a tugging feeling in her heart that she isn't the only one. "It can't be just me, right?" her heart falls when she sees the look on the faces facing herself, confusion that she has been feeling due to all the sudden memories she has. She frowns in dismay as she is given no possible response that she may need. But from the corner of her eyes she notices a silent Joohyun looking down, fiddling with her soon-to-be empty coffee mug. 

 

"Joohyun," the girl is startled by the calling of her name as she looks up, panic written all over her face, "you saw something, did you?"

 

Joohyun calmly swallows and tries to calm herself down, despite the grip she has on her cup being as tight as ever. 

 

"Not while in the museum," Joohyun begins earnestly, "but while unnie you were speaking," she still doesn't dare to look at any of the elder girls in the eye. 

 

"Hey maknae, it's okay, just tell us," Hyoyeon was first to speak up. 

 

"Hyun, there's no reason to be afraid," Yoona flashes an encouraging smile. Joohyun tries hard to reciprocate it, but fails utterly. 

 

Taeyeon recognises the look on Joohyun's face. The face drawn with fear, it was what on her own face just a couple of minutes before. The feeling, whereby "you don't know what I've seen" is silently said through the expression in one's face. 

 

But Taeyeon doesn't dismiss the fact that it is now more intensified, with a heavier burden, on the poor girl, than what Taeyeon has felt. Taeyeon doesn't know how she manages to empathise this well with Joohyun, but she trusts in her intuitions and wants to help Joohyun. She also knows that they all need to know the information, in order for them to discover the truth. Perhaps that was what she couldn't understand when the other girls tried to get it out of her. 

 

"Before we escaped, we were locked in a separate quarters of the palace, all nine of us together," Joohyun speaks slowly. Yoona is holding onto her, hoping to comfort her in the process of telling her vision. 

 

"We were locked?" Jessica asks with widen eyes. Tiffany has an eyebrow raised in confusion, and there is Sunny releasing a small gasp from a corner. 

 

"Weren't we... Concubines?" Taeyeon speaks up once again. She cannot help but feel mysteries arising between all their stories. "I mean, being chased after for escaping will not come of as a surprise for we know by right it's illegal, but being locked?" Taeyeon's tone is unintentionally getting higher, and she apologises when she finally realises how worked up she is. She doesn't even know why she feels so strongly about everything, why she is actually getting anxious to know their past by every second.

 

"Come to think of it, what did we do?" Yuri is next. "We were going to be killed for escaping the palace, were we that bad?"

 

Everyone stares at each other among the suspicion, the nervousness portrayed in everyone's faces. The girls start to worry about finding out about their past lives. 

 

Tiffany awkwardly clears before saying, "Shall we let Joohyun contin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter