Different Feeling

My Sister The Ice Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Night time came and the weather is still rainy. The three friends have nowhere to go and they are hungry for dinner. "I can't believe it is still raining outside," sighed Joo Hyeon as she looked at the window. "Yeah. That . I'm sure there's a restaurant nearby. We can ask the front desk," said Kyuhyun. They went down to the lobby to ask for any restaurant nearby. "There is one restaurant that serves delicious samgyetang," said the front desk manager and he shows the direction. 

The friends finally found the restaurant that the manager told them. They each order one samgyetang each and one dish of pajeon. Joo Hyeon ate her food well, as she finally got to have a proper meal during the long trip. Kyuhyun and Changmin felt the same. "Oh gosh! I miss samgyetang so much," said Kyuhyun as he digs into his food. Changmin nodded his head with agreement. "In fact, we missed our home cooked food."

"You guys sure miss your family so much," said Joo Hyeon. "We do. Ever since we graduated from high school, we have to move to an apartment which is near the campus. Our families lived far away," said Changmin. "But you sure are lucky that you're still staying with your family," said Kyuhyun. Joo Hyeon didn't show a slight smile. "Oh sure. If you don't have any stepfamily to mistreat you day and night," she sighed.

"Then why did you have a stepfamily in the first place?"

"We don't have any other option. It's either get married or sell the house and become paupers."

"You can stay in an apartment if you think life in your own home is miserable."

Joo Hyeon shook her head. "I better stick to the way I'm living now. Whether we are miserable or not, it's life," she said. Changmin and Kyuhyun quietly ate their own food and said no more. "But I'm glad my stepmother allowed me to go on trips," said Joo Hyeon. "Yep. Otherwise, your sister Gyeongul won't be in Inje," said Kyuhyun. "She was cast out of our home after that small incident with Clara," Joo Hyeon reminded the boys.

The guys didn't know what she was talking about until Kyuhyun remembered that Gyeongul used her powers against Clara. "You must really hate your stepsister a lot," he said. "Of course! She blames us for everything and her mother believes every word she tells. We can't even lay a single finger on her," said Joo Hyeon.

The guys felt sorry for her and Gyeongul. "Never mind her. You still have friends like us," said Kyuhyun. Joo Hyeon raised her eyebrows. Kyuhyun understand the meaning. "Hey! At least I'm still your friend. Whether I annoy you or not," he said. "He does have a point, Joo Hyeon," said Changmin. Joo Hyeon have to agree with her friends. "I guess you're right."

After dinner, the friends went straight back to their motel room. Changmin went straight to bed. Joo Hyeon didn't felt sleepy and neither is Kyuhyun. They decide to stay up and chat. "Not sleepy yet?" asked Kyuhyun. Joo Hyeon shook her head. "I can stay up a little while," she said.

Both Kyuhyun and Joo Hyeon were staring out of the window. They felt awkward of making a conversation, as they both don't always talk to each other. But Kyuhyun took up the courage to start the conversation. "So, do you actually like Jihoo before you overheard his plan?" he asked. Joo Hyeon turned to his side. "Well, I almost fell for him because he's kind, handsome and nice," she replied.

"Do you think all nice people are real?" Kyuhyun asked again. Joo Hyeon shrugged her shoulders. "Well, some of them," she said. "I didn't say everyone is nice."

"You know, an annyoing person can be nice on the inside, you know."

"Really?"

Kyuhyun nodded his head. "Of course. We just can't see it, that's all. Have you ever heard of people saying bullies or annoying people will fall in love with that particular person?" he asked. "Yep. Gyeongul told me," replied Joo Hyeon. Her face began to turn red. "Gosh! I'm feeling so different when I talk to you," she whispered. Kyuhyun chuckled. "Me too. Because we don't chat a lot. I understand. But don't worry. Once we chat a lot, you'll see that I'm not the person you see now," he said. 

Joo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter