The Stepfamily

My Sister The Ice Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

9 years later

 

Joo Hyeon and Gyeongul have been admitted to KyungHee University. Joo Hyeon is in the music department and Gyeongul is in the astronomy and space science department. They both are trying to get used to meeting new faces and be apart from each other. Gyeongul kept her mother's promise and limits her ice magic usage. She was happy to meet new friends. 

As for Joo Hyeon, things were not so pleasant in her class, for there is a person who always . And the person is Cho Kyuhyun, the most handsome and popular guy in the campus. A lot of girls squealed at his presence. But to Joo Hyeon, he is an annoying person. During class, he would always with many possible ways to get her attention. Joo Hyeon tries her best to ignore him and concentrates on the professor. 

Joo Hyeon was keeping her books in her locker when Kyuhyun poke her side stomach, making her squealed with fright. "Hey there, doll," he greeted. Joo Hyeon was steaming with anger. "What do you want, Kyuhyun?" she asked, not looking at him. "Just came by to say hello. No need to get frustrated," said Kyuhyun. Joo Hyeon scoffed and slammed her locker.

"Hey there," someone greeted. It was Changmin, Kyuhyun's best friend. "Teasing poor Joo Hyeon again?" he asked. "No. I just came to say hello," said Kyuhyun. Joo Hyeon put her hand on her hip. "More like annoying me," she mumbles. Gyeongul came by to see her sister. "Hi there. Want to grab some lunch together?" she asked. "Sure."

"I'll see you later then, doll," said Kyuhyun, clicking his tongue at Joo Hyeon. "Stop calling me doll, you freak!" she mumbles. Kyuhyun waved hello to Gyeongul. "Oh, and hello, Gyeongul." Gyeongul waved at him. "Gosh! That guy really drives me up the wall!" said Joo Hyeon. Gyeongul chuckled. "He's just trying to be friendly with you." 

"I doubt it. You're not in his class. So, you don't know how is he like."

"I see nothing wrong with him. He's perfectly alright. In fact, I predicted that he has a crush on you." 

Hearing this, Joo Hyeon wanted to laugh out loud. But she tried to hold her laughter. "You know, when a guy tease a certain girl, he is most likely to have a crush on her. It's common fact," said Gyeongul. "Okay. Whatever you say. But sometimes, it may not be true," said Joo Hyeon. Gyeongul shrugged. "I didn't say it will be real. It's just facts I heard from people."

When the sisters got home, the butler informs them that their father wants to see them. They followed the butler to the living room. Mr Kim was reading a newspaper. "Ah! You're home! Sit down!" The sisters sat down on the sofa. "Is there something you want to tell us, appa?" asked Joo Hyeon. Mr Kim puts down his newspaper. "Yes, I believe. I have some news. It may not be good. But I'm going to remarried." 

The sisters looked at each other and then back at their father. "You're gonna be remarried? To whom?" asked Gyeongul. "To a foreign lady. Her name is Mrs Christine Smith. She's a rich businesswoman and has lots of money. She has been living in Korea for 20 years. She is very fond of my business," replied Mr Kim. Joo Hyeon was shocked to hear the news.

Mr Kim calms them down. "Listen to me, girls. The reason why I have to remarry is to keep our home. If I don't, we have to sell this house and we'll be living as penniless paupers. I don't want that to happen to our family." Joo Hyeon and Gyeongul hung their head

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter