New Home

My Sister The Ice Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After travelling a few hours on the bus, Gyeongul has reached Inje. As she was walking to find the mountain, she saw two elderly couple washing their clothes at a river. They looked pitiful. "This is terrible. Our house has been burned in the fire. Everything is gone and we have no place to live. Our only home is the alley," the old man complained. "Don't worry, honey. We'll find a comfortable home soon," said the old woman.

Gyeongul heard everything. They are homeless and their only home now is the alley. She felt sorry for them. She approached the couple. "Hello there," she greeted. The couple turned around and looked at her. "Yes? Can we help you?" the woman asked. "I heard you are looking for a place to stay, right?" said Gyeongul. "I'm also looking for a place to stay. Could you tell me where is Bangtaesan mountain?"

"Look, my dear. We love to help you. But we have far more important things to think of than touring you to the mountain," said the old man. "So, good day." They turned away and continue their laundry. But Gyeongul did not leave. "Listen here. If you help me, I can build a home for you," she told them. The couple wanted to laugh, thinking that it's a joke. "And how are you going to build us a home, honey?" asked the old woman. "You have no tools with you."

"Just take me there and I'll show you what I can do," said Gyeongul. The couple whispered to each other. Then, they turned to her and agreed to take her to Bangtaesan mountain. When they got there, Gyeongul began her magic. She tap her foot down, creating a snowflake. She raise her hands up and a house was being created. The old couple were surprised and astonished by her work. "I never seen a human with magic powers before," whispered the old man. "Neither have I. She is something," his wife whispered back.

Gyeongul have finished building her ice cabin. "There! All done!" she said. "Wow! That is somewhat magical," said the old woman. "Well, looks like we'll be going then. I hope you enjoy your stay here in the mountain." The couple turned to leave. But Gyeongul stopped them. "Wait! Why don't you stay with me? This could be your new home too," she suggested. "You really mean it?" asked the old man. "Of course. You helped me get here. Now, I want to reward you two."

The old couple was filled with joy. They can stay at Gyeongul's new home. Now, their worries were forgotten. "Thank you so much, uh.........." Gyeongul introduced her own self. "Gyeongul. What a lovely name. Thank you so much for your kindness," said the old woman. Gyeongul smile at her. From now on, Gyeongul and the old couple lived together happily in their ice cabin. The couple treat her well. Gyeongul had forgotten about her misery back home. But she has never forgotten about Joo Hyeon and her father. "If only they were here. They would be happy too."

 

It has been three days since Gyeongul left the house. Joo Hyeon was feeling lonely and sad without her sister. Everyday, she has to survived Clara's mischieve. Now that it's the summer, everyone is free to enjoy their holidays. But Joo Hyeon didn't feel like celebrating summer. She stayed at home most of the time. 

One day, a letter came for Joo Hyeon. It was from Gyeongul. Joo Hyeon was happy when she received the letter. She went to her room and opened the letter to read it.

Dear Joo Hyeon

I'm settling down at Bangtaesan mountain with two elderly couple. They treated me well. I'm happy staying here. How have you been? I hope you're doing well. Drop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter