Be Mine

Dilemma

“I d-don’t know what y-you are saying.”

“Ay, you don’t have to lie to me! I can see that you like her right!”

“Can you not let her know? Please. I don’t think she likes me though.” Mina was begun feeling down.

“I’m sure she likes you too!”

“Really?!” Mina’s expression brightens up.

“She didn’t really tell me about it, but I can see it. She definitely does.”

“I don’t really know what to do though.”

“I’ll help you! Don’t worry.” Seulgi assured Mina.

Wendy then came back to the table.

“Did she bother you?” Wendy quickly asked when she returned.

“Hey, that’s rude!” Seulgi retorted.

“Seulgi is really nice though.” She then smiled to Seulgi.

“Did you guys gossip about me while I was in the toilet?” Wendy was feeling a little suspicious.

 “NO!” the both of them exclaimed at the same time.

“Okay, relax. I’m just saying.”

Their little chat continued during the whole dinner time.

After dinner, they sat at the living room.

“Wendy, can you go buy some soju?” Seulgi asked Wendy.

“Why do you suddenly want to drink soju?”

“I just suddenly felt like drinking and since we are gathered at your house too. So go buy some now!”

“Aren’t you going home later? What if you got drunk?”

“I can just crash at your house.”

“But I have no rooms left.”

“I’m fine with the sofa. Just go get the soju!”

“Okay then, I’ll be back soon.”

When Seulgi was sure that Wendy was gone, she continued her talk with Mina.

“Wendy is really dense, so she wouldn’t know unless you tell her about it.”

“I can see that. She really is dense.”

“How about let’s make her jealous? Maybe she will then confess because of it.”

“What if she doesn’t?”

“I’ll make sure she will!”

Seulgi then explained her plan to Mina.

“This will definitely work out!”

“I hope so too.”

“Was Wendy in any relationship before?” Mina asked as she was really curious about it.

“No, she wasn’t in any before too. That girl is way too dense to realize anything.”

“If you both end up together, you will be each other first! Wow.”

Mina was blushing when she heard what Seulgi said. They then continued their talk until Wendy came back.

The 3 girls sat around the coffee table in the living room.

“I can’t drink. I will just have some juice.”

“It’s alright, you don’t have to drink.” Wendy was being all caring towards Mina.

“So what were you guys talking about when I was gone?”

“Oh nothing much, just getting to know each other. I can totally click with Mina.”

“Seulgi is really funny and friendly too.” Mina smiled and pours the drink for Seulgi.

“We also planned to go to the movies in sometime.”

“Oh…” that was what Wendy said and she drank a shot of soju.  

Seulgi saw it and made eye-contact with Mina. They were trying to interact with their eyes.

“Slow down with the soju.” Mina was concerned about Wendy downing the soju that fast.

“Yeah, your alcohol tolerance is not that high either you know.”

“I’m fine, it’s alright okay.” Wendy then waved to them saying she was fine and continued drinking.

“She is definitely tipsy right now.” Seulgi whispered to Mina.

“Stop drinking already, you will get drunk.” Mina took the cup away from Wendy and trying to stop the latter from drinking anymore.

“I said I’m fine! Give me back my cup and the bottle. Today is a good day!” Wendy dreamily said while trying to get the glass back.

Wendy successfully got her drink back and kept drinking. After a few bottles, Wendy was drunk and Seulgi was feeling tipsy.

“Today ishh a goodeu dai.” Wendy slurred after that her head hit the table.

“Seulgi, go and sleep in my room.” Mina ordered.

“It’s alright. I can sleep at the sofa.”

“Just go sleep in my room okay.”

“Okay okay.” Seulgi was having a slight headache that’s why she didn’t want to continue to argue with Mina. She then slowly walked into her room.

“Okay, now let’s get you back to your room.” Mina stood up while looking at Wendy.

Wendy was definitely not easy to handle when she is drunk.

“Hey-y. Don’t tashe meii.” Mina was having a hard time trying to get Wendy to stand up. Wendy was literally struggling from Mina.

It took her quite some time before she got Wendy into her room and in the bed.

“Drunk but still cute.” Mina smiled when she was tucking the blanket for her.

When Mina was about to leave, she heard something.

“Mina… I rike heu.”

Mina heard that and walked out of the room smiling.

“Now I am definitely sure of her feeling for me.”

Mina then cleared up the mess and hit the sack on the sofa.

--

“O-ouch, my head hurts a lot.” Wendy groaned the first thing she woke up. She dawdled in bed for awhile before getting up.

“Shortie, you are finally awake and I borrowed your clothes!” Seulgi exclaimed when she saw Wendy out of her room.

“Don’t call me that.”

“How’s your head? Is it hurting a lot?” Mina was concerned as Wendy was dead drunk last night.

“I’m alright, it’s not that bad.”

“Are you sure?” Seulgi then went over to shake Wendy to see whether it’s true or not.

“Ohmygod, stop shaking me. My head hurts a lot okay.” Wendy proclaimed.

Mina could only laugh at the scene in front of her. The two are really hilarious.

“I made some hangover soup. I think you will feel better after that.” Mina told Wendy.

“Thanks. Anyway, last night I did not do anything stupid right?”

“Who say you did not! You did tons of it!” Seulgi decided to scare Wendy.

“You called your parents and force them to arrange a marriage for you. If not you will randomly find a stranger and get married to. Then you went over to the neighbor, woke them up and puke on them. Lastly, you kiss Mina.” Seulgi explained seriously and trying her best not to laugh. Mina just listened at the side.

“WHAT. I DID ALL THAT?!”

“WHAT IF MY PARENTS REALLY ARRANGE A MARRIAGE FOR ME, I’M NOT READY TO GET MARRIED AND WHATSMORE TO SOMEONE I DON’T KNOW.”

“HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO NOT FEEL EMBARASSED IF I SEE MY NEIGHBOR WHEN I’M GOING OUT?”

“I’M REALLY SORRY MINA. I DON’T WHY I DID IT. OHMYGOD.”

 “BUT WHY DO I HAVE NO MEMORIES OF DOING ALL THESE!” Wendy was shocked and overwhelmed with the things she had done last night but had no memories of it.

“Cause I made those all up?” Seulgi replied nonchalantly.

“ERM WHAT?” Wendy was confused by what Seulgi just said and took awhile to process it before she realized she got tricked.

“YOU THIS STUPID DUMB BEAR. YOU ARE SO DEAD.”

Wendy could never catch up with Seulgi because of her short legs. The chasing stop when the both got tired. The both of them then sat down onto the sofa and laugh. Mina was bewildered by the two of them.

“What are you doing later?”

“Me? I’m just going to stay at home the whole day.”

“Join us for shopping then.” Seulgi points at Mina and herself.

“I’m fine. I don’t want to disturb you guys. I’m not interested either.” Wendy was feeling a little dejected.

“That’s not a question. So you are going to join us okay.”

“Guys, aren’t you going to have your breakfast?” Mina interrupted their conversation.

“Oh yeah I totally forgot!” Seulgi exclaimed and ran over.

--

“Ohmygod. I have no idea whether I’m here to shop or to hold the shopping bag for you guys.” Wendy then held up the shopping bags on her hands.

“You have nothing to buy either! I’ll treat you dinner okay.” Seulgi was trying to pacify Wendy.

“Sorry… I can hold it myself.” Mina slowly reached for the shopping bags.

“No! I can carry it for you, how can I let you hold all these heavy shopping bags.” Wendy stopped Mina from getting those bags.

“Thanks then.” Mina gave a shy smiled.

“YAH SHORTIE AREN’T YOU A LITTLE BIASED HERE.” Seulgi shouted.

“WHY! IS THERE A PROBLEM!” Wendy then threatens to throw Seulgi shopping bags on the floor.

“No, no. I’m just kidding hehehehe!”

Seulgi then pulled Mina and walked away. They were talking and laughing. Seulgi was being extremely nice to Mina and the latter seems to be enjoying it.

“They look really close though. Does Seulgi like Mina? Should I help her?”

They had their dinner and headed home. Wendy was quiet the whole time as she was deep in her thoughts.

“Bye, see you guys tomorrow!” Seulgi then got off the cab.

“Bye!”

“Bye.”

Mina was wondering why Wendy was suddenly so quiet. She went to talk to Wendy once they reached home.

“Wendy, why are you so quiet?”

“I’m just thinking of something.”

“What is it?”

“Nothing.”

“Tell me. I can help you.”

“Do you like Seulgi?” That question left Mina dumbfounded. Mina didn’t reply straight away so Wendy assumed that she was right.

“Oh okay. I get what’s your answer. I can help you.”

When Mina was going to answer her, Wendy was already back in her room. Mina quickly took her phone and text Seulgi.

To Seulgi:

SEULGI! WENDY THOUGHT THAT I LIKE YOU. T_T

From Seulgi:

WHAT?! I’ll talk to her tomorrow.

Don’t worry about it. Sleep well. Goodnight. ^-^

To Seulgi:

Okay… Talk to her okay!! Goodnight.

Mina was wondering why Wendy would think that she likes Seulgi.

--

Mina woke up to find that Wendy was already not at home. She had no chance to explain to Wendy.

-In School-

“Wendy, are you working today? Seulgi asked, trying to strike a conversation with her before going into the topic.

“Yeah…  And I just want to ask you something, do you like Mina?” Seulgi haven’t even started asking and Wendy already asked her about it.

“No! Of course not! Why do you even think that way?”

“I don’t know. I just felt it that maybe you like her and she likes you too.”

“OH DON’T BE RIDICULOUS. YOU ARE TH-” Seulgi almost told Wendy the truth but she thinks that she shouldn’t.

“DON’T THINK TOO MUCH YOU STUPID SHORTIE!” and laughs like a crazy woman.

“Miss Kang, if you are not interested in my lesson please leave the room and don’t disturb those who wants to study.” the lecturer strictly said to Seulgi.

“I’m sorry.” Seulgi replied apologetically. Wendy then snickered at Seulgi which in turns she received a glare back.

--

It has been 3 weeks since Mina saw Wendy. Wendy went to school early, and came back home till late night because of her work. Even during weekends, she would be working the whole day. Mina cannot take it anymore, she is going to Wendy’s workplace and talk to her.

Mina called Seulgi to ask for Wendy’s workplace.

“Hey Seulgi. I want to look for Wendy right now.”

“Oh hi Mina. She should be at work right now.”

“That’s why I called you. I don’t know where her workplace is.”

“Ohhhhh. I’ll text you the address. Is there something wrong?”

“I’m going to talk to her!”

“Okay okay. Good luck then!”

Not long later, Mina received a text from Seulgi. Once she knows where her workplace is, she immediately took a cab down. While on the way, Mina feelings slow build up. She was so anxious that she couldn’t stop playing with her fingers.

Mina was now standing in front of the café and was having second thoughts of going in. She was scared. But she really needs to have a talk with Wendy. She braves up and walked into the café. When Mina saw Wendy behind the coffee machine, she couldn’t move forward. Her legs were now stuck to the ground and couldn’t help but began to burst into tears. Tiffany was behind the counter and saw a girl crying near the entrance. She was shocked and called for Wendy.

“Wendy! I need some help here. There’s a girl crying at the entrance, can you go and console her or something?”

Wendy then looks up and saw the girl. She was equally shocked. It was Mina. Wendy quickly rushed forward.

“Mina, why are you crying? And why are you here too? Hey, stop crying.” Wendy was flustered and didn’t know what to do.

“Why are you avoiding me? Do you know how hurt I am? I really like you! Why can’t you see that?” Mina kept crying non-stop and it got even worst when Wendy rushed out of the café.

“Wendy where are you going?!” Tiffany shouts when she saw Wendy rushed out of the café leaving the girl crying.

Mina was astounded that Wendy rushed out after she confessed. Her confession must have shocked her. Mina then squat down and kept her head down, crying.

I must have scared her, that’s why she ran away.”

Not long later, a girl was heard panting when entering the café.

“M-mina, don’t…cry any-more.” She then tried to catch her breath before continuing.

“Mina, stand up. Please.” She then pulled her up.

Mina then stood up and was dumbfounded by what she saw. Wendy was holding a bouquet.

“Listen to me okay. I was not avoiding you. I was just covering one of the staff’s shifts. She went overseas and is only coming back in one week time. I’m really sorry for not knowing your feelings, I’m really stupid. Can you forgive me?”

“And I have no idea when did it begin, but I like you too. Are you willing to be mine?” Wendy held the bouquet in front of Mina and was feeling really shy.

Mina straight away took the flowers and jumped onto Wendy hugging her tightly.

“I thought you were scared and ran away. Don’t leave me like that anymore.” Mina was sobbing while whispering to Wendy.

“I’m really sorry, don’t cry anymore okay.” Wendy kept patting Mina’s back.

“And you have not answered my question yet. So?”

Mina then pulled out of the hug and wiped away her tears.

“Of course I’m willing!” she then jumped onto Wendy and bear hug her.

The people in the café were cheering for the new couple. Tiffany’s voice was especially loud.

“The café is only closing in 2 hours. Do you want to go home first?” Wendy asked.

“No… I want to be with you. I can wait for you.”

“Then have you eaten?”

Mina shook her head in reply.

“Then you sit awhile, I’ll bring some food over.”

Wendy then walked back to the counter to prepare some food.

“Wow my Wendy that was some drama back there. So that’s Mina?”

“Yes that’s her.”

“She’s quite pretty huh. Congrats! My baby girl finally got a girl!”

“Unnie! Stop teasing me!” Then she quickly walked over to Mina, for she wanted to get away with Tiffany’s teasing.

“There is only dessert here, so have this first. If you are bored, then go home first alright.”

“I’ll wait here. Just go back to work.” Mina smiled to Wendy.

2 hours flew past and the café was closing up.

“Come Mina, I’ll introduce you to someone. She is a really close unnie of mine.”

“Unnie! This is Mina. And this is Tiffany unnie!”

“Hi unnie. Nice to meet you.”

“HIIII! Finally I got a chance to meet you. I heard a lot about you. Wow you really are pretty huh.”

“Unnie!!!! I’m leaving first! If not you will keep teasing me! See you tomorrow.”

“Byeeee! Have a fun night!”

Wendy then pulled Mina out of the café.

“Don’t mind unnie. She is always like this.”

“You really like me right?”

Mina was facing Wendy waiting for her reply.

“Yes yes. I like you, Choi Mina!” Mina was so elated.

“Good. I just want to hear it again.”

The two then went for dinner and head back home.

“Wendy… Can I sleep with you? I have not seen you for weeks and I really miss you.”